Two days left. Only 4 people posted.

MarioWorldHacker

Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:29 am

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Zman, I swear if I don't win this

Spoiler:
This screams out violence.This track is bloody hectic, fast-paced, and destructive. Doesn't it make you want to wreck shizz since you're unstoppable? I ain't got nothing else to say. Zman, you should understand just by listening.

EDIT: I realized roshi posted TTYD before. Go die.

Same description as before, but there's a slight pause after the hectic sections of the track. Think of it as a slight breather as you're slowly starting to show your true destructive power.

Skochko

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:12 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
GO, SO FUCKING DETERMINED! YEAH YEAH GO!

I decided to play this one safe. I remember back in the day, when I played NFSU2, this song would really pump me up. The song fits, the lyrics fucking fit, so I'm going for the pity point Razz

zmanrwks

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:43 am

zmanrwks
MarioWorldHacker wrote:EDIT: I realized roshi posted TTYD before. Go die.
That doesn't matter in this UBtT3. If you want to keep the original, you can.

I'm not saying this because your second choice is Touhou, I told CL the same thing (he's using Skyward Sword again).

roshipower

Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:50 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

Although you are actually running for your life at these points in the game, what's chasing you is scary, violent, are destructive as it blasts everything in it's path to get to you, and this theme fits the scene perfectly. It gets you pumped and makes you feel like everything around you is gonna be destroyed

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Skochko

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:11 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Stop fucking delaying you fucking Punchy junior.

RandomConsomePanchi

Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:08 am

RandomConsomePanchi
Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 4 Tumblr_mi10d0vtcG1qf5do9o1_400
Like father like daughter
waitwat

zmanrwks

Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:30 am

zmanrwks
Skochko wrote:Stop fucking delaying you fucking Punchy junior.
Well last night I was doing other important things. I'll begin judging in a bit by playing Team Fortress 2.

zmanrwks

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:05 am

zmanrwks
Here's the results. After much testing in Team Fortress 2, these are my conclusions about your violence:

MWH vs CL:
MWH: Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes this violence! Truly fast paced and insane and deadly. You want to be violent and destroy with this theme. You've done well.

CL: It's epic, I'll give you that. The orchestra is awesome and the choir and the strings, pretty rad. But it doesn't give me that urge of violence. It's a good theme, but not for this topic, and not enough violence.

MWH will get dis point. inb4 CL calls be biased/threatens to quit. MWH +1

SOCKS vs BUZZILLAH:
Skoch: Mudvayne is an awesome band. However, I will not let bias for them be the reason you may win, I will judge this fairly. And yes this is fucking violent. The heavy voice and lyrics of completely destroying everything in can truly gets you determined. And violent.

Bzilla: Mmmm, violence. The lyrics are evil, dark, and definately violent. Terror is reality? Indeed it is. Oh boy this violence. Mmmm so dark.

Two great entries, but... Skochy boy gets this. inb4 Smash calls me biased. Skoch +1

SMASH vs HYDRO:
Smash: You win go home. Good entry though. Very violent.

Hydro: y u disappear from the internet?

Smash +1

ROSHI vs LINKO:
Roshi: While this theme does showcase terror, it doesn't make you feel violent or want to be violent. Even if what you're running from is violent, this theme lacks that thing that makes you violent.

Linko: Love this theme, it's truly violent and evil. The intensity of the instruments and the background noises and the crazy tune and the fast paced feel of the song truly bring out its violence. Good choice.

Givin' the point to da Linko. +1

BONUS POINTS: Like the first round, two people in the same matchup recieve bonus points: Skoch and Bzilla.

DASCORES:
CL: 3
MWH: 5
Skoch: 5
Smash: 4
Hydro: 0
Roshi: 2
Bzilla: 2
Linko: 3

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 4 UrRCzb8

ROUND 5

The fifth round will be something to abuse this matchup scenario. Every matchup will have to find a different sub-theme for the main theme. It'll make sense when I show it.

Now, the main theme will be... WAR! Yes, war. A common theme in 90% of modern FPS games. Each matchup will find a song to describe each aspect of war. Here's the matchups and what you need to find in each:

CL vs Smash: The anger of War
MWH vs Skoch: The despair of War
Hydro vs Linko: The destruction of War
Bzilla vs Roshi: The aftermath of War

This will be fun. Deadline is MARCH 14TH, THURSDAY, AT 7:19 PM EST.

It's time for war.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 4 NvUZf8Q

CartoonLink

Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:14 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

This song makes me fucking angry. It makes me angry due to how awesome it is. It has the sense of this: You land on the battlefield, hordes of enemies (whether it's past or present or futuristic) are running at you, and you have no choice but to kick some ass. ANGER OF WAR.

Also, fuck you, MWH's post was fucking GAR-BITCH and I deserved the point.

Bzilla56

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:00 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

I can't really say anything, because then I would probably spoil the game, but basically this plays at the end of your journey in Spec Ops: The Line, and it does a great job of showing the aftermath of war.

zmanrwks

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:42 am

zmanrwks
You maggots have until the 14th to post a goddamn entry. 7:19PM EST, to be exact.

CartoonLink

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:52 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
>calling us maggots, yet he is a fag who sucks at video games.

Where is the logic Zach?

Skochko

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:03 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator

Ok, so I had this vision of a soldier witnessing defeat. He is fighting a war he cannot win. Watching his friends, his brothers, dying by his side, he finally gives up. All hope is lost and he falls into an eternal sleep.

RandomConsomePanchi

Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:44 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
Skochko wrote:...he falls into an eternal sleep.
"His heart was a brief, uncertain murmur. His thoughts were as gray as ashes. And in a little while he too, like Rusty Regan, would be sleeping the big sleep."
~Raymond Chandler "The Big Sleep"

And damn Bzilla. Excellent choice from in fact, an excellent game.

Linkodude43

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

The beginning of the song starts in and odd way for an "aftermath," song. It seems sorrowful, but also happy. Happy that the war is now over, but sorrowful about all the destruction that has been left in it's wake. The music transitions and introduces the piano, the typical sadness instrument. That one small, 2 second run of eighth notes that repeats, is like the realization and acceptance of reality that those affected by the war must face, and no matter how much they try to deny it, it keeps popping back into their head, and torturing them. The ending of the song is great because it very suddenly ends, with no closing to it, symbolizing, sometimes, the aftermath is emotionally unchangable

Last edited by Linkodude43 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
Smash

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:20 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

The sounds pretty angry for this game's soundtrack. But really, the song has the emotion of anger all over it. In the heat of war where nothing but bloodshed is seen, only dramatic music such as this can truly be imagined. So imagine Zman. DO IT!!!

zmanrwks

Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:53 am

zmanrwks
POST DAMNIT. 7:19. Less than 4 hours.

MarioWorldHacker

Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:58 am

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki

War is imminent. It's in our nature to make progression through the means of war. That will only bring about the inevitable outcome of death. Things we wish to avoid, but we simply cannot. Reflect this view as you listen to this. Imagine you're watching the midst of a battle. You cannot stop, but simply watch.

roshipower

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:11 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I know this is late, sorry, had a busy week, disregard this post if you feel that I'm late and don't deserve to be judged, your call

THis is a bit of a weird one, but seeing as the question is about war, the way I see it, war is a large topic and can be interpreted in many ways from each side. In some cases, after war you may feel like there is nothing left, leaving you in a eerie place of what may have once been a place you knew or liked. It leaves you empty and scared, and this music defines that feeling perfectly, hence the name.

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
zmanrwks

Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:22 pm

zmanrwks
Roshi, you're good.

I'll judge tomorrow.

Smash

Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:17 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Delay?

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 4 Tumblr_mcqenk8wqb1qcmq1fo1_400

zmanrwks

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:29 am

zmanrwks
This took a bit to finish up and shit, but here's Round 5 results and Round 6. I'll be too lazy to make pretty colors though, have fun with a shitton of bold.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 4 EQLzLns

Reminder of who's who:
CL vs Smash: The anger of War
MWH vs Skoch: The despair of War
Hydro vs Linko: The destruction of War
Bzilla vs Roshi: The aftermath of War

CL v SMASH:
CL: It works. It feels jungle-y, so maybe some kind of jungle warfare? Either way, it's fast paced and intense, and can fit a violent, angry situation of war.

SMASH: Angry, and but the war-feel doesn't kick in until a minute in, but still solid entry. It's angry and intense and good for war.

CL has the slight edge over Smash here. CL +1.

MWH v Skoch:
MWH: Very sad, very somber, very quiet, very depressing. This choir really brings this out, and you truly get a sense of what evils war has and how it is truly sad and shit. Good choice MWH.

SKOCH: Very sad, very somber, very quiet, very depressing. This choir really brings this out, and you truly get a sense of what evils war has and how it is truly sad and shit. Good choice Skochy.

Your choices are very similar, it's hard to pick one. So I had the one and only Ken help me, and he says...

Spoiler:

tl;dr: Mama gets point. +1.

SIR v LINKO:
Sir's entry:

He posted it in the chat, I counted it as official. He is now taking Hydro's place officially.
Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 4 GGr5Cf0
SIR: For posting this seemingly for the lulz, you've done well. Very destruction, very evil, the true disaster and destruction of war is shown very well with this track. I am pleased Sir. Also, have fun now that your soul is tied to this thread.

LINKO: You nub, you were supposed to do Destruction of War, not Aftermath.

Sir gets this point. Congrats. +1.

BEE MOVIE v ROSHI'S ISLAND
BZILLA: Knowing this game, this is a fitting ending for the game. For this category, it's horrible. Actually, just kidding, it's great. It has the somber, dark thing to it that showcases the disasterous effects of war. Great choice.

ROSHI: So dark, and empty. The world is gone and everything is destroyed. This theme is menacing, creepy, and everything in between. Perfect for a destroyed world of war. Good.

I'll be awarding this point to the one known as Roshi. +1.

Bonus Points: Sir and Roshi get the bonus points. Father and son.

Scolipedes:
CL: 4
MWH: 5
Skoch: 6
Smash: 4
Hydro Sir: 2
Roshi: 4
Bzilla: 2
Linko: 3

ROUND 6

I'm gonna do something similar to Round 2, where I made you read Ken's writings (btw read some more), but this won't be Ken writings. Instead these will be...

Nickelback lyrics!I will post a few selections from some Nickelback songs, and you get to pick which you want to find songs for.
...actually, I'm not going to make you, because most people hate Nickelback for some bullshit reason. However, the ACTUAL thing is similar.

I will post parts of 8 different songs, and everybody will find a song to match the lyrics to one of them. The catch? Only ONE PERSON can use a particular selection, so if you find one you want to use, better get that song in fast. You also cannot "reserve" the words, you can only claim them when you post your thing. Descriptions are recommended. Also I 'm not telling you what the songs are or who they're by, but you can Google them probably...

Also, disclaimer: You will NOT be judged based on how similar your track is to the original song, only on how it could fit the lyrics as if read like a poem or something.

Song 1 (ROSHI):
Spoiler:

Song 2:
Spoiler:

Song 3:
Spoiler:

Song 4 (SIR):
Spoiler:

Song 5 (SMASH):
Spoiler:

Song 6 (SKOCH):
Spoiler:

Song 7: (MWH)
Spoiler:

Song 8 (LINKO):
Spoiler:

Bring out your best interps, get your songs in to the song you want the most, and be postin'.

DEADLINE IS MARCH 19TH AT 6 PM EST.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 4 V5cxI3YZman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 4 EnbJsN0Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 4 F251beK

EDIT: Here's your fucking Match-ups which I forgot to do.

Skoch vs CL
MWH vs Smash
Bzilla vs Linko
Sir vs Roshi

Last edited by zmanrwks on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:18 am; edited 5 times in total

Bzilla56

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:43 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
Went with Song 7

Smash