https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
zmanrwks

Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:21 am

zmanrwks
Linkodude43 wrote:Totally worth it...for the reaction video

./fail xD
Everyone has one of those moments.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 5 2UvNGf1

BTW, to all players, Song 7 is still open cuz Bzilla nub'd. Song 5 is claimed though.

Skochko

Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:27 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Smash wrote:Delay?

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 5 Tumblr_mcqenk8wqb1qcmq1fo1_400
I'm disappointed you didn't post a Smash the Onion reaction pic.

I pick #6

This VGM gives out an intimate feeling, which goes with the lyrics pretty well. It's one of those moments that's just yours. Fuck everyone else.

I picked this, because, in this case, the lyrics should be in the spotlight, but it's up to the background music to make them shine. The song never tries to stand out, but it does a great job at supporting the lyrics. Well, that's my opinion, lol.

zmanrwks

Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:31 am

zmanrwks
Deadline is the 19th, maggots. Post, maggots.

Linkodude43

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:40 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I chose Song 8

Song 8 seems to have sad implications to me, so I chose a sad song, and it fits very well in my opinion (as well as possible without the ACTUAL music). Each run of notes in this song could fit the lyrics at a nice rythym from song 8.

roshipower

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:43 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
So I decided to take #1. The way I see it, it summarizes a sad, poor, and boring life.You feel stuck in a rut, and you are sick of it,but due to being poor, you are stuck doing what you can;t take anymore. This makes you feel depressed, and unsure of where your life is headed, you feel lost. That's at least the way I interpreted those lyrics, and this song I think will convey that effectively

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
zmanrwks

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:00 pm

zmanrwks
(pssst to people who haven't posted)

(I'm actually ending this the 21st at 6PM EST)

(post)

MarioWorldHacker

Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:13 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki

I'm going with #7.
I'll try to make some sense out of some out of context symbolizing that I'm about to mention. Think of it as the preparation of embarking on a long journey of avoiding the poison that's slowly spreading throughout what's around you. The poison can be depicted in so many ways; let it be hopelessness, anguish, or despair. You gather those who have been supporting you for the longest of time with the means to escape to a safe haven, away from the clutches of human contamination.

Kaz

Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:20 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator

Song 4

zmanrwks

Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:20 am

zmanrwks
I talked with CL, he said he will post later, so he has an exception for him. Bzilla, fix your entry, you fucked up.

Speaking of fuck ups, I fucked up with the matchups. I put Smash vs Linko again, so I had to change it a bit.

MWH vs Smash
Bzilla vs Linko

Those are the affected. Not like it matters too much though.

CartoonLink

Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:41 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

Number 3.

RandomConsomePanchi

Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:29 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
Damn it Zman
Apparently it seems that he left without posting the results
however he left me in charge of the next round...

ARE YOU READY? I'll post it tomorrow though...(let the delays begin)

Smash

Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:24 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
What happened to Zman anyway?

Kaz

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:23 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator
RandomConsomePanchi wrote:
however he left me in charge of the next round...

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 5 Squid_10

Skochko

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:48 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
@Smash: He's in Florida.
@Gema: Dead.
@Punchy: I prepared my anus for Touhou, YouTube Poop or some other... poop.

Skochko

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:32 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 5 173s

Get @ me for double posting.

Linkodude43

Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
There goes UBtT3

RandomConsomePanchi

Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:18 am

RandomConsomePanchi
Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 5 805c454bcf254afce4c2c587c33cc3a0
CL vs Sir
MWH vs Bzilla
Skoch vs Linko

Smash vs Roshi

OK
Topic time....we've done several things already, all diverse and quite interesting. We've explored the several natures and consequences of war, we've dived into the emotional tone of my writings, we've discussed the connotation of song lyrics, we've peered into the mind and character of a video game villain. What then, can I do to make a fresh and still great topic?

I've got it!

Let's do another story examination, shall we? As you all know, I have written various stories on my blog besides poetic stuff. These stories contain various scenes that give off a certain emotion. If accompanied by a fitting song, this very emotion or set of emotions should be expanded on and magnified greatly. Now I'm going to do it a bit differently however....oh yes...

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 5 Tumblr_mec4rrWvzW1qerg1w

IT IS LOTTERY TIME!

You and your opponent will have to chose SEPARATE SCENES from the stories I will link to.

HOWEVER! You must chose from the SAME STORY your partner chooses. That's where this twist comes in. If you go first, not only do you get to choose the story of your choice, but you also get to choose the SCENE in which you wish the song to go with! Leaving your opponent the short end of the stick with less options from that story. Now the definition of a scene in this case is a self contained setting either in location (If the characters go to a new location) or a change in action or emotion (If they suddenly begin to fight or begin to cry and feel sullen).
EX: "It meant Seth was nearby…Mog then began to run to find Seth as fast as
possibly could be done before 5 PM which was dinner time at Vapar’s.

“I mustn’t be late now! I must destroy Seth before dinner gets cold!” Mog exclaimed into the night.

Somewhere nearby, Seth spoke to a mysterious person. A deal was made.
The person…disappeared in a splash of water smoke. Cause that exists ya
know. IF IT CANRAINN MYM&M&MM&S it can definitely exist ok?
Ok."

The red area is part of a different scene than the orange, for not only is the focus on different characters, the tone has also changed. The red expresses a tense and exhilarating discovery, and the orange shows off an ominous tone of evil and trickery. So yes, that's an example. Like I said, a scene can range from a few sentences to a paragraph as long as it's consistent in the emotion.
TIP: It's easier to get a scene if a few and consistent emotions so the song you have is easier to find and match it unlike a scene with rampant emotions changing and conflicting. Of course, if you find a fitting song choice you are welcome to do that.

Here are the 4 stories you can choose from:
The Adventures of Shrek the Ogre and Shadow the Hedgehog: Lovers Lost in Time
Chains of Black - Part 2
Inner Struggle - Part 4
MWH's Search for True Love and Companionship and Footwear
REMEMBER THE RULES!
REMEMBER TO ALSO READ THE STORIES ENTIRELY BEFORE CHOOSING! Who knows, you might miss out a really good choice for you.
Now....GO!
DEADLINE IS WHEN ZMAN COMES BACK (That's like Sunday basically I guess idk I'll make it Sunday)
Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 5 Tumblr_mk8hc0abMc1rvr6teo1_500
Spoiler:

Last edited by RandomConsomePanchi on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Smash

Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:29 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
So we need to wait for Zman? Good, because I'm out of town until Saturday

Skochko

Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:35 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Smash wrote:So we need to wait for Zman? Good, because I'm out of town until Saturday
Um no. You can post until Zman comes back. At least that's what I think.

RandomConsomePanchi

Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:43 am

RandomConsomePanchi
Yes. You are SUPPOSED to post, for I will be judging this round. Sunday is the deadline for this round. Whenever Zman comes back, he'll just post the results of the previous round and wait for this round to be over.
SO GET GOING

48 Hours Remain

Skochko

Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:26 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
I tried to find motivation to post, but those stories are fucking long for this game. Fuck you. I'll post tomorrow.

zmanrwks

Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:40 pm

zmanrwks
Post now maggots. I'll post the results of the round I didn't finish yet sometime later.

Linkodude43

Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:11 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I really need an extra day...really busy with Easter stuff...please D:

RandomConsomePanchi

Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:52 am

RandomConsomePanchi
FINE
You have 2 extra days AKA Tuesday is the final deadline.
K?
Mmmk. If you want to extended this further, youll have to speak to Zman about that.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 5 Tumblr_mkiojkStuY1rexcp7o1_250
NOW GET POSTING

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum