People complained about Ken's delays last UBtT

but no one is posting now

hence causing delays.

Smash

Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:10 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Sorry, I was at my beach house (again) with no Internet since Wednesday. I couldn't.

RandomConsomePanchi

Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:41 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
WHERE
ARE THE DAMN
ENTRIES!?!???!??

Skochko

Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:02 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
The request is so bad, Punchy. You failed at life. I am disappoint.

zmanrwks

Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:42 am

zmanrwks
Nope
Not posting the results of the round before until everyone posts in this.

Linkodude43

Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:07 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
As far as the stories go...TL;DR

So, I read the title of the first one, lovers in time or whatever, searched, "time vgm" on youtube, listened to 5 seconds of this, and was like, "good enough"

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
Skochko

Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:23 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Linkodude43 wrote:As far as the stories go...TL;DR

So, I read the title of the first one, lovers in time or whatever, searched, "time vgm" on youtube, listened to 5 seconds of this, and was like, "good enough"

You are supposed to pick a scene. Punchy, how about we scrap this shit and start over with a proper request? Zeman can continue. I like requests that don't require me to spend a fucking hour looking for a song. Honestly, I'm not sure if everyone playing can dedicate that much time to this, since most of us are busy with university, school, college, kindergarten, nursery and whatever else there is.

roshipower

Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:01 am

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I second what Skoch said, the stories are too long, to pick out a specific scene in a specific story while finding a specific song to relate to it will take way too much time for us, time we don't have. I was not even gonna bother posting until Smash did since I didn't want to pick out the story myself because I either don't have the time or I don't want to waste so much of what little free time I have on this

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Kaz

Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:53 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator
Ever wonder why no one posted for this round?

zmanrwks

Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:28 am

zmanrwks
Ken has decided to change this topic due to complaints and such. He demands that the NEW topic is...

LOVE!

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 6 GYuYHRO

No changing thissun!
BTW, Ken will still be judging this, I'm just ghost-posting it.

AND there will 4 different types of love you guys will find a song to match.

MWH vs Bzilla: Friend love (alternate: 'Bromance')
Skoch vs Linko: Romantic love
Smash vs Roshi: Fake love
CL vs Sir: Hardcore sex

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 6 LLjXjg3

Find songs for the loves, and Ken will again be the decider of when this ends and will judge.

GO.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 6 Hm2BWxu

Kaz

Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:31 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator

Bzilla56

Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:31 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

Because I can just imagine Hardcore Bromance Relationships going on whilst this song plays.

Skochko

Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:51 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator

I was looking for something like Al Green or something and I almost went with Sims, but then I found this. Apparently this is Ace Attorney. It just sets up a great ambiance for romance.

Smash

Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:56 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Looks like I'm going to need to watch/re watch an anime under that catigory, because I'm clueless

zmanrwks

Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:04 am

zmanrwks
Here's your delayed results of the round before I left to Florida.

SKOCH VS CL

SKOCH: The passion of the song goes well with the passion of the lyrics. It brings them up and makes them stand out, as you stated. Such a calming, almost underwhelming song, yet it's powerful versus the lyrics.

CL: This song sounds confused, lost, unsure of what to do. The lyrics share these traits also, so they definitely go very well together. Good show.

It's a hard pick, honestly. Miiiight have to go with Cee Lel here. CL +1.

MWH VS SMASH

MWH: Your icon bloody scares me, I'm just gonna throw that out right now for absolutely no reason, even though you've had it as a forum icon for a while. Anyway, this song is fitting for the lyrics also, being this song of preparation for the massive journey ahead, escaping this thing of evil and impending doom. Good choice.

SMASH: The fast-paced intensity this track provides some truly fitting background music to these lyrics. They go hard, they go heavy, and are incredibly violent and fight-y, and this song does a good job of showing this off. Even the slower, build-up parts have some weight for the lyrics.

For this round, I'm leaning towards MWH a bit. +1.

BZILLA VS LINKO

BZILLA: Nub

LINKO: I'm sorry, but it's hard to take this song seriously for some reason. Probably the horn stuff, but it hardly sounds sad, or fitting for these lyrics. You were on the right track, but this track, while it does have some sadness, also sounds kinda upbeat.

Linko gets point cuz Bzilla. Linko +1.

SIR VS ROSHI

SIR: This song is an 8-bit masterpiece, and it somehow goes with the lyrics. I honestly lol'd at first thinking it wouldn't work, but this is actually pretty nice. It's like a song of hope and stuff, while the lyrics are hopeful and stuff. This is a good one, Sir.

ROSHI: This is a very sad, yet peaceful track, and with the lyrics, it goes well. They especially have an added effect from that acoustic guitar, really bringing this out more. You've done a great job with this track and song selection.

You both did very well, I'll give you BOTH points!... actually, nah, if I had to pick, it'd be... Roshi. +1.

BONUS POINTS: Gogogo MWH and CL!

Scoreboard:
CL: 6
MWH: 7
Skoch: 6
Smash: 4
Sir: 2
Roshi: 5
Bzilla: 2
Linko: 4

Here's a link to all the songs I grabbed the lyrics from;
#1:
Spoiler:
#2:
Spoiler:
#3:
Spoiler:
#4:
Spoiler:
#5:
Spoiler:
#6:
Spoiler:
#7:
Spoiler:
#8:
Spoiler:

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 6 1IFYSQq

Remember, Ken'll judge this current round. He'll end it whenever,

Skochko

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:47 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Come on, guys. Post already.

RandomConsomePanchi

Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:44 am

RandomConsomePanchi
Just to make you guys post already: deadline is this Thursday. If you have an important reason as to why you can't post until after then, come speak to me personally and I'll extend the deadline for you.

zmanrwks

Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:27 am

zmanrwks
Hey guys, Ken said deadline is Thursday, aka tomorrow.

Don't think he'll delay, he isn't gonna.

roshipower

Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:07 am

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Sorry I havent posted, I will tonight though, I have loads of free time tonight finally

roshipower

Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:02 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

God damn was this hard. Fake love isn;t abundant it seems, or I need to play more games. THis is the best I can come up with. Fake love is usually when at least one of partners doesn't truly love the other. A common one is where one of the partners is leading the other on to accomplish something, commonly tricking the other into doing their bidding by acting provocative or flirtatious. This theme sort of relates to that, what with the provocative "ahs" to go with the music Razz In the game itself it isn't love but in the game at least there is a fake friendship made, which isn't too far off.

Look this wasn't the easiest topic to work with D:

Smash

Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:39 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I'm sorry, I've got nothing. I've never played a game that has fake love in it. Plus I've been so busy with midterms that I haven't had time to focus on it.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 6 Don_Patch_crying

Skochko

Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:07 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Smash wrote:I'm sorry, I've got nothing. I've never played a game that has fake love in it.
Umm, fake love? Also the point of this game is to find a track that represents something, not find background music of that exact scene in a game.

Smash

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:20 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Skochko wrote:
Smash wrote:I'm sorry, I've got nothing. I've never played a game that has fake love in it.
Umm, fake love? Also the point of this game is to find a track that represents something, not find background music of that exact scene in a game.
Doesn't change the fact that I've got nothing

Skochko

Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:39 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Smash wrote:Doesn't change the fact that I've got nothing I don't give a fuck.

Fixed that for you.

CartoonLink

Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:31 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

This is as hardcore as sex can get.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum