The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

zmanrwks

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 am

zmanrwks
For the 5 fucknuggets who haven't posted, you have until 8 PM EST.

That's about 3 hours and 30 minutes from this post being made.

roshipower

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:54 am

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

Im sure we all know about this guy. Ghetsis is a sadistic, evil, power hungry, and cruel. He manipulated a child for his own gain and ruined the boy's understanding of the world.

Jack isn't much different, at least in terms of personality based on your description. Ruthless, conceited, assholes the two of them. Wouldn't let anything, no matter what cruel deed they have to do first, stop them

Last edited by roshipower on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
MarioWorldHacker

Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:59 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Zman, what is it with you and assholes?

Level with me here for a minute or two on why I chose this entry, because it clearly needs some explaining. There are technically two tracks, but for the sakes of context, listen to them as if it were one. That said, pay attention to the pacing of the first composition. Its speed catches you, making you stopping in your tracks. You suddenly feel in the presence of someone who's ambition is to bring about destruction through his own raw power. Now, you see the absolute maggot in front of you, but this isn't just an ordinary maggot. Said maggot poses some actual threat and instills doubt and fear within you. You can tell how he is and what he intends to do with you for his own self benefit. In fact, by the time you start to realize the horrible fate that awaits you, his instinctive and insane behavior provokes him into attacking you, hence the sudden track transition to something far more fast-paced. Another note worth adding is the smexy guitar rifts, for these can signify his potential and strength in killing you.

zmanrwks

Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:47 pm

zmanrwks
MarioWorldHacker wrote:Zman, what is it with you and assholes?

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 3 AnLLiNk

Also, due to the retardness of 3 of our contestants, I'm just going to extend the fucking deadline to tomorrow, same time (8 PM EST).

If anyone sees these 3 nubs, please tell them they have until then, and that they are nubs.

Linkodude43

Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:26 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Yeeeeah I might be a tiny bit late...I have been very ill and not been on the computer today, alas, I'll post anyways just incase you accept late entries :3

This song...it was one of my first ideas to use MM theme music.

The way there are random "interruptions," where the music will randomly become loud describe the arrogance in the song. You know what Nintendo meant for this music to sound like, it was meant to sound like the theme of an insane villain, just like how you are describing Handsome Jack. Power hungry? The sound of the instrument playing it (don't know what it's called) sounds so ugly, but not bad, it sounds like some music that would play as a villian is plotting his attack. Slowly, the song gets more and more deep pitched, like him becoming more and more insane.

Also, a bigger ass than this guy.

Spoiler:

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
Smash

Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:30 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Because this song is the definition of insanity and I don't care about your bias, I'm posting this song

zmanrwks

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:24 pm

zmanrwks
Smash wrote:Because this song is the definition of insanity and I don't care about your bias, I'm posting this song
No. Piss off. I am not biased, and if you think that my "bias" will ruin how I view your track, then don't post it.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 3 IW1buPr

BTW I actually like this song, so if you do blame someone for bias, make sure you know what exactly makes them "biased."

Smash

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:34 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
In that case, all is fine. Now lets impatiently wait on Hydro.

Skochko

Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:23 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Smash, you fool. You have no right to call anyone biased. You almost killed Beat The Track with your judging. Remember?

Smash

Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:33 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I actually don't

zmanrwks

Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:15 pm

zmanrwks
Round 3 is concluded. Hydro didn't post, however he hasn't been on tumblr or on the forum in about 3 days, so he may be dealing with something IRL. However, the show must go on. Hopefully he returns soon or has an explanation.

Also, people, PAY ATTENTION TO THE DAMN DEADLINE. I'm sure some of you have excuses, but some are just nubs also.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 3 KvX958a

So, here's your results.
CL VS BANANAS
BZILLA: You did well with it being sinister sounding, but the scary part is what brings it down a bit. Jack is the opposite of this, even if he is insane and mental, he lacks this scariness that this song contains and represents.

CL: Definately a good choice for showing Jack's immense power and dictatorship. A truly evil and insane man, this song does a good job for fitting him in this aspect.

CL will get this point. CL +1

SKOCH VS ROSHI
SKOCH: Fantastic choice! It's basically a cartoony/N64-er Jack. This song is insane and powerful, and has that lulzy and badassery to it that makes it unique and fitting. I could see a song like this being a theme of his.

ROSHI: Similar to Skoch's choice, but heavier and darker. How well does it fit? Very well! Much more insane and badass with this one. This choice shines with his traits and very fitting!

Tricky to decide this one, honestly. But point is for... Roshi. +1.

MWH VS HYDRO
MWH: Unfortunately, you will not be able to have a proper win over Hydro, as he was unable to post, so regardless of your choice, you're getting this point. But judging your track anyway, you've done very well picking a track. Both parts of the song work very well, and how you describe how this track can be seen as fitting for Jack is great also. This powerful maggot who poses as an incredibly dangerous threat intimidates and then proceeds to show his insane power. And yes, those guitar riffs are smexy.

HYDRO: M.I.A.

MWH +1

SMASH VS LINKO
SMASH: As I said in retaliation of your false bias claims, I like this song, it's the only Touhou song I've listened to I legitimately enjoyed. But the question is not about if it's a good song, it's if it fits. Does it? Well, it's got Jack's insanity in it... it has his power... has his dictatorship... and even some arrogance... so yes, it fits. Good job.

LINKO: Very insane, and a good representation of his decreasing mental health. I'm unable to hear the arrogance within the song really though, or it's power. Just insanity. Not a bad thing, though, you did a very good job with capturing this aspect, and I applaud you.

Although the point will be given to Smash for this. +1.

BONUS POINTS: Roshi and MWH get bonus points.

SCORES:
CL: 3
MWH: 4
Skoch: 3
Smash: 3
Hydro: 0
Roshi: 2
Bzilla: 1
Linko: 2

FUN FACT: CL is the only person to win every match-up after 3 rounds.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 3 JhBvZxY

ROUND 4:

I did something different-ish. I found some acapella (AKA, vocal only) version of an awesome song by a band called Stone Sour. The song is called Through Glass, and I decided I'm making it our round 4 topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOtg_WJX8LM

There are only words.
The lyrics for those who want.

What I want is a song that fits with the words. Use the lyrics and how the song sounds to find a perfect fit. You don't need a description for this, as the lyrics and the song you choose will probably work without it. You can feel free to make one though.

MATCH-UPS:
MWH v CL
Skoch v Bzilla
Smash v Hydro
Roshi v Linko

Deadline will be TUESDAY AT MIDNIGHT, EASTERN STANDARD TIME.

POST.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 3 XWbe6Uf

Smash

Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:58 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Why the fuck did you not allow for mobile devices on the video? Now I'm gonna have to get my idiot of a brother off the laptop for this.

zmanrwks

Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:31 pm

zmanrwks
Smash wrote:Why the fuck did you not allow for mobile devices on the video? Now I'm gonna have to get my idiot of a brother off the laptop for this.
I don't care?

Skochko

Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:18 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
>Fantastic choice
>Zero points

Omg Roshi, I fucking hate you. I keep losing to you in BTT. It hurts my soul!!!

Anyways Zema, that is one huge-ass song. I hate you too. 3210165406251 words.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 3 3qkowy

zmanrwks

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:20 am

zmanrwks
Tohohoho.
Skoch, the song is 4 minutes, that's not long. And to be honest, you probably don't have to listen to the whole thing and still be able to find a fitting choice.

zmanrwks

Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:06 pm

zmanrwks
Nevermind. I'm changing the request tomorrow, this one is dumb.

Don't post anything.

Skochko

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:50 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Fuck yes. I gave up on bitching about requests, tbh. It was still better than Toehoez.

zmanrwks

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:46 pm

zmanrwks
TOPIC CHANGED BECAUSE THE LAST ONE WAS POORLY THOUGHT OUT

It was shitty. A bad idea. But now for a better request...

I need violence. I'm a teenage street tough who don't take anything from nobody, refuses to do school work, skateboards, and wear hats in public places. I am corrupted by violent video games such as Call of Duty and Super Mario.

Just kidding that's bullshit.

BUT not about the violence. This new theme is just something simple and something hella fun. I demand VIOLENT FUCKING MUSIC. Anything that makes you want to fight, destroy, anything of that nature. Tackle it anyway you want, but it must be violent.

NEW DEADLINE WILL BE MARCH 9TH at 8PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME.

Go get 'em.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 3 ZesaMhGZman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 3 Ulv7BHO
Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 3 WDeYBgEZman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 3 0fZQbLH

Bzilla56

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:26 pm

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

Because I feel Violent after listening to it.

RandomConsomePanchi

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:28 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
great explanation

zmanrwks

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:32 pm

zmanrwks
RandomConsomePanchi wrote:great explanation
I did not state explanations are required for this.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 3 NQaSoZA

Smash

Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:09 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

Because of all the shit Shadow wreaks in the opening

RandomConsomePanchi

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:04 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
zmanrwks wrote:
RandomConsomePanchi wrote:great explanation
I did not state explanations are required for this.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 3 NQaSoZA
I know
Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 3 Tumblr_m5ye7uwyCz1r1zjdao1_500

Linkodude43

Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:14 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
*Does not feel like explaining* This music makes you violent, I accidentally went out and bought 5 guns and started shooting people after hearing it...then I realized I should just be beating people with my hands instead...thats what Smash Bros Brawl does to you...

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
CartoonLink

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:15 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

This song makes me want to beat the living shit out of everything. It makes me feel on top and that anything that comes in my way will be destroyed.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum