Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:28 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
So Nine o Clock Pacific time?

zmanrwks

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:39 am

zmanrwks
I'll end it in the afternoon tomorrow actually. I started it late-ish on Monday,

MarioWorldHacker

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:00 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
We all have that one maggot that we hate. Be it because they murdered your allies, disturbed the balance of the world, or they're outright opposing your very being. Your irritation will only gradually increase, eventually leading you to succumb to the act of revenge. You want this maggot to be aware of the consequences that were imposed because of their actions; you want them to suck up to the same suffering that others have; you want them to stop existing.

The track here is awfully fast-paced, which can be represented as an act of desperation for ending it all. You are now chasing against the force that dared oppose others and yourself to restore whatever was disturbed. It can also be seen as a very critical moment in the eventual confrontation between the two opponents. If the hero cannot catch up to the "evil-doer" now, then the chase will never rise up again and will face defeat.

Skochko

Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:12 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Fuck you, Marishka. This is a great entry.

Smash

Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:17 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
You've been listening to NicoCW's remixes I see.

RandomConsomePanchi

Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:12 am

RandomConsomePanchi
Why the FREAK did you use Sonic Advance 3 music?
I commend you

Skochko

Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:37 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
RandomConsomePanchi wrote:Why the FREAK did you use Sonic Advance 3 music?
I commend you
Shut up Gabriela. Post UBTT 2 results.

zmanrwks

Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:46 am

zmanrwks
I'll do the official ending of round 1 at 6PM EST, to give time for the two who haven't post. I'm being lenient because this is the first round, and I began it at a weird time for me.

I'll judge the current matches with both participants who posted a song (so, 2.)

Linkodude43

Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:16 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I'm taking a different approach to this (Mainly because this is the only song I could think of, and because it makes sense.

The beginning of the song is the kind of music you would hear when the main character is having an anger against the antagonist building up within him due to the major wronging of him, then right around 2:15, the song gets a hint of "electricity," symbolizing the big showdown is coming up for the hero. At about 3:05 you can hear the same electricity, but more appearant and loud, this is the battle of the hero and the villain. But then, it calms down, this represents the death of the villain, and the triumph and revenge of the hero.

I'll try to post sooner next time

Spoiler:

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
zmanrwks

Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:18 pm

zmanrwks
Hydro fails at life.

HERE RESULTS:

Skoch vs Smash:

SKOCH: -100 points for obscure music from a game I never heard of. Jokes aside, I can feel some revenge in this song. It's definately a different kind of revenge feel than I was thinking of, but that makes this song no worse than anything else. The "shit got real" aspect is incredibly satisfactory. Good job mate.

SMASH: Part of the problem here is your lack of description. I said not to reference the in-game events of the game your song is from because it's not about what happens in the game, it's about how the song is interpreted. But other than that, this is a good track for this particular topic. The song has lyrics, which partially makes up for the description, and they do a good job of portraying revenge and the need to fullfill it. So it's a good choice, but damnit boy, make better descriptions.

Point for this match is granted to Skoch.

Hydro vs Bzilla:

Hydro is a maggot who didn't post.

BZILLA: Flawless description. Also a good choice, fits nicely with revenge. It has an interesting tone to it and some good instrumentals for the theme, and it's basically pretty solid.

Point obviously goes to Bzilla.

Roshi vs CL:

ROSHI: How do you see revenge in this exactly? I can see it a small bit I guess, but still not very revenge-filled. It's mischievous and angry, like you used to describe it, but I have trouble hearing the revenge.

CARTOONLINK: You did a great job of describing revenge here, and how this song fits it. The adventurous feel and lust to kill your enemy is strong here, and is pretty intense. Even if it's a tad softer and lighter than your average revenge song, it's a great choice.

Point for CL.

MWH vs Linko:

MARIOWORLDHACKER: How did you manage to almost win UBtT2? This is an awful entry and an awful description. This song is calm, shows no signs of revenge, and does not at all make the character or player feel desperate or angry. You want to kill no one and just want to relax. Awful entry. Everything I said previously is the opposite of how I really feel. I'm pleased.

LINKODUDE: You've done great here, kid. It shows the darker emotion within the character in his search of revenge, and gives great impact. As the song progresses and changes, it further advances this internal struggle and pursuit of revenge, and a great ending of achieving revenge. Everything I said previously is not the opposite of how I really feel.

This was difficult to pick a winner, to be honest, especially since they're different and equally great approaches. After consideration, Linko gets the win here.

BONUS POINTS:
While most bonus point distributions will go winners of matches, there will come that once or twice moment where two people in the same matchup get the bonus points. In this case, I'm awarding round one's best overall bonus points to MWH and Linko.

SCORES AS OF ROUND 1:
CL: 1
MWH: 1
Skoch: 1
Smash: 0
Hydro: 0
Roshi: 0
Bzilla: 1
Linko: 2

ROUND 2:

Consome will live on in this UBtT.

#1: http://consomepanchi.tumblr.com/post/41710670613/panchi-poetry-sesson-9-ocean-of-despair
#2: http://consomepanchi.tumblr.com/post/36130015284/dreams-without-sleep
#3: http://consomepanchi.tumblr.com/post/28472210638/romance-beneath-the-gray-rain

You see these? Well, these are some of Ken's amazing writings. Everybody will choose one of these three and find a song that can represent each writing. Each person MUST put what piece they're doing this for (1, 2, or 3) and WHY it fits it. Description is important.

Here's this round's matchups:
Skoch vs Hydro
Roshi vs MWH
Smash vs Bzilla
CartoonLink vs Linkodude

Get to it.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 2 Tumblr_minccqC7SS1qf4qtio1_400

EDIT: Also, Deadline is Monday the 25th, 8PM EST.

CartoonLink

Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:28 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Well, reading from number one, this is what I feel through the imagination of Ken's writing. Continuing on, he feels that something lurks in the dark, and as he moves closer he can feel the presence of a spirit... A spirit of a lost boy who drowned. Any ways, this song goes towards the part of him feeling a presence lurking in the dark.

Bzilla56

Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:27 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
Going with number 3.

I just feel like it represents the first paragraph, because rain, but there's also some love sounding parts in the song that fit the second paragraph.

Smash

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:24 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Track Number 3

The first part of the song fits the mood that goes along with the first paragraph. Toward the end of the song, the music sounds a little happier as does the thoughts in the second paragraph. Also note that both words in the name of the song are in the third writing.

zmanrwks

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:19 am

zmanrwks
Deadline is Monday the 25th, 8PM EST.

Friendly reminder.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 2 KeZYKoM

Skochko

Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:40 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator

I pick Panchi Poetry Sesson 9: Ocean of Despair.

My entry is a bit unorthodox in a way that it isn't trying to represent the story as a whole, but rather separate the story into tiny pieces, trying to put focus on each one and follow along. I'll try to navigate you, by putting the whole story is in the quotes, so you can read it the way I want you to. The song is very dark, but so is the story, so I think it works.

0:00 - 1:00
Slipping through the cracks
Eyes staring
Tears streaming
Crying endlessly

The beginning of the song is trying to emphasize the feeling of emptiness, like everything has abandoned you.

1:00 - 2:07
Consumed by terror
Light and Truth are unclear
Darkness and failure
Dragging me into fear
Sinking rapidly, I wonder
What awaits me there
Down in the shadowy abyss
Incredible pain?

This is where it gets dark. I love how the song and the story work together. This part of the story is not exactly pure sadness, but mistery and darkness, and that's why this part of the song shines.

2:07 - 3:16
As my heartache stings my soul
As the depths muffle my desperate pleas
Dreams dissolve in my hands
Hopes break down beneath this watery grave

This is where the actual sadness kicks in. Panchi's words say everything, so my words are unnecessary.

3:16 - 4:30
A final attempt, my soul is cast
Alerting those who actually care
Of the lost boy, a ghost of the past
Who drowned in the ocean of despair

The culmination and the epilogue. Also, no words are needed here.

MarioWorldHacker

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:39 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki

Poem #1 Entry:

As I read this particular poem, the imagery clicked within me.
I needed something vast, expansive, and eternal, for it can easily describe the despair that will continue to exist as we attempt to travel over the ideal path that we strive for. The boy had met a terrible fate, and because of this, only melancholy can be expressed within the composition of this track. As you sink below to your own sorrow, you're welcomed to lurk within the depths of anguish that will eternally haunt your inner being. Even though you're forever condemned, you'll still try to find a way to soothe your soul. You try to cling onto false hope, resulting in the imaginings of this track.

Hydrocannon2727

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark

I also did Poetry Entry 1:

In the poem, it seems the subject is a person who is very much restless. He (or she) does want to stand by, and be part of the backround. They want to fight for whatever is worth fighting for. They don't care who it is, as long as its for their cause, and they won't rest until they win.

Linkodude43

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

(Selection 1: Despair)
The beginning of the track seems to correspond well to the beginning of the poem. Both parts convey a person who is suffering, in a kind of suffering that seems like they are helpless, and there is nothing they can do about it. Around 1:30, it seems as if the music is changing to a theme that conveys someone is giving up, and about to lose to the terror, and silently is finished, with no one to know about it. ("Of the lost boy, a ghost of the past")

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
roshipower

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:29 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Poem #1

What I wanted to find after reading was a song that symbolizes loss, desperation, failure, remorse, confusion, and uncertainty. I feel this song symbolizes all of it very well, just like it does in this game itself. This song speaks for itself, a song that embodies everything related to losing hope

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
zmanrwks

Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:36 pm

zmanrwks
Ken wanted me to share with you the track he was listening to (and was inspired by) when writing Ocean of Despair.

http://thomaswasalone.bandcamp.com/track/ghosts-of-the-past

He said bonus points would be awarded to whoever used that, except no one did. ALSO EVERYBODY EXCEPT TWO PEOPLE DID POEM 1/OCEAN OF DESPAIR. Just throwing that out there.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 2 TuiFa3R

NOW RESULTS:

SKOCH VS HYDRO
SKOCH:
Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 2 JJNPL1d

HYDRO: What an odd choice. But what a good choice actually. I could imagine Ken's poem being lyrics to this song, and how you see the poem as someone wanting to fight, I can see it a bit now too. Good choice.

However, Mama completely smoked you. Skoch +1.

ROSHI VS MWH
ROSHI: So many things conveyed in this song, and fit very well with this poem. You've explained it well yourself.

MWH: Don't do good. I want you to lose. I MEAN-- the ambiance and umm... fitting for poem and stuff. Yay MWH you're awesome.

The point for this thing will be for HWM. +1.

SMASH VS BAZINGA
SMASH: This track sounds so nice. It's partially happy, but it's partially sad, yet it mixes well. The way the song shifts with the two paragraphs is also a welcome touch. Fitting for the paragraphs, and very nice.

BZILLA: This sounds a bit like Smash's, but sadder, and also fits the poem. Not as much so for the second part of the poem, however, but still a solid choice.

This point shall be awarded to Smash. +1.

CL VS LINKO
CARTOONLINK: Good song and interpretation for this particular poem. The slightly intense and dark sounds of the song go well with the darker nature of the poem.

LINKODUDE: Another good choice for this poem, as the somber song goes well with the somber poem. The music changing is also a nice little thing.

Both are good entries, but I think CL's song fits a bit more. CL +1.

BONUS POINTS: It's obvious Skoch gets one. The second one? For the soothing niceness and wonderfulness of their track (and because he was one of two people who didn't pick poem #1), Smash gets one also.

Spoiler:

SCOREBOARD:
CL: 2
MWH: 2
Skoch: 3
Smash: 2
Hydro: 0
Roshi: 0
Bzilla: 1
Linko: 2

ROUND 3:

Not sure what to do with thissun. I have a fantastic idea for later, but shall save it for then.

I'll go with something simple for this one though.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 2 HandsomeJack01

Stealing this idea out of MWH's UBtT.

This man is Handsome Jack. He's the main villain of Borderlands 2. He's an absolute asshole. He makes Chris Brown seem like a humanitarian.

He is arrogant, stealing credit for what the Vault Hunters of the original Borderlands accomplished. He is a power-hungry dictator of Pandora. He is yet insane, doing anything for revenge and power (including killing his own fucking grandmother), and over the years, his mental health has been declining and he grows crazier. Jack is a great villain and you love to hate him. A quote of his, just for the lulz. This probably won't help you with this round though:

Spoiler:

SO, anyway, find a song to describe Handsome Jack and all his glory. NO MUSIC FROM BORDERLANDS IS ALLOWED.
DEADLINE WILL BE THURSDAY, 8PM EST.

Zman Presents: Ultimate Beat the Track: The Third [DELAYED] - Page 2 N5lB74n

EDITS: Here are your matchups.

CL vs Bzilla
Skoch vs Roshi
MWH vs Hydro
Smash vs Linko

Last edited by zmanrwks on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Smash

Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:46 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
FUCK! I'll need some time for this one.

Bzilla56

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

It sounds Sinister, Scary, and a bit Childish all at the same time. Sounds like Handsome Jack to me.

Skochko

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:34 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator

This is Neo Cortex. He's a mad scientist who wants to achieve world domination as revenge, by mutating animals and making them his soldiers. Based on your character's desc, they have a few things in common.

The music is fun, kinda psychotic, but badass at the same time, which seems to suit your character well. Your character seems really unique, so I'm eager to see if anyone will be able to capture all of his traits in a single tune. This is the best I could think of.

CartoonLink

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:51 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

This song represents the craving for power, and makes you seem like you're superior than everyone else.

zmanrwks

Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:51 am

zmanrwks
B-b-b-b-bump.
Round ends tomorrow. Post your song.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum