You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Linkodude43

Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:15 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
But my Mashup entry isnt fully Galaxy, so could a use a pure galaxy song?

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
MarioWorldHacker

Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:41 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Linkodude43 wrote:But my Mashup entry isnt fully Galaxy, so could a use a pure galaxy song?

As long as it wasn't used before, Linko.

Linkodude43

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:36 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
MarioWorldHacker wrote:
Linkodude43 wrote:But my Mashup entry isnt fully Galaxy, so could a use a pure galaxy song?

As long as it wasn't used before, Linko.

Okay, so I will not be resubmitting, but when is our time up for this round?

Skochko

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:42 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
@ Linko: Seven hours ago. I guess MWH will have to judge when he comes online, but in the meantime, people can still post.

Kaz

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:08 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator

MarioWorldHacker

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:20 am

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
CartoonLink's Entry:Approval
It's quiet...too quiet. Reference aside, though, the track fits the atmosphere well simply because it has this slow-pace going on, perhaps advising caution? Not too sure about that.

Smash's Entry: Minor Approval
I'm still wondering why you choose SMW's music. This place does look like some sort of stronghold from this angle, though. It would fit better if it was inside, I think. The outside is simply too spacious and ambient for it to fit with this song. I do, however, give you props for choosing something that's intimidating. It strikes you and makes you re-think if you should really go inside or not.

Bzilla's Entry: Approval
Genesis-esque track? It really sounds like it. Anyway, this does seem to fit the outside of this "stronghold". Really, I don't see a bloody castle out of this. The track contains that feeling that you're about to enter some sort of great infrastructure and that you should prepare yourself for what's to come.

Consome's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
I get a different feel with this song. I don't see the capped hero looking at the direction he's facing as a way to suggest he's going to conquer whatever is inside, but more of a feeling that he had conquered it. He now looks back and reflects upon the quest he had just embarked in, wondering if he knew what he was fighting for. The atmosphere around here helps reflect upon this. The hero takes a last glance of what seemed to be an impossible trial for him, but still persevered and conquered it. He then proceeds to venture even farther. I like your aurora analogy too; it helped me view what the track was supposed to symbolize for this moment.

Roshi's Entry: Approval
You just hiked your way over here, resisting the cold and harsh weather, and facing death various times. You stand on the summit, pondering on what is the other side of the direction you're looking at. You could say that this track gives an adventurous feel to explore the unknown while experiencing something precious, something dear to you...your sense of adventure.

Skochko's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
That ambiance. It gives out a sense of isolation; if you're in danger, there will be nothing that will save you. The hero will consider some of the consequences while this track plays in the background. Is he willing to explore the unknown? Will he be forever lost? Only his ambition will tell. Overall, I think this fits the scenery perfectly. The dark and lonely ambience that surrounds the character correlates with the song as it should and the suggestion of wandering into the unknown is really suggested here.

Crankeh's Entry: Disapproval
Cranky...Why is this track...so bloody loud? It really ruins the atmosphere for me. Not only that, but I really don't get an underground vibe out of the picture at all. Maybe the original one would've been a better choice, but I don't think it would fit.

Zman's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
As I was reading your description, I have to say that I managed to capture your perspective over the scenery very well. I have to say, it's very unique one at that. As the track plays, I can already imagine Quote climbing the Outer Wall while this play, with the mentioned sense of urgency. If it wasn't for that description, I could've gotten a different vibe out of this. It's a good thing that you understood the purpose of this round.

Pik's Entry: Minor Approval
If I could get at least a brief description on why you chose this song, then maybe I could see what it's supposed to offer. I think it's just too fast-paced for it to fit in this ambiance. However, I do think that it gives some sense of urgency because of this, which is what Quote could be experiencing at this very moment as he reflects. Other than that, I have nothing else to say, really.

Linko's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
Auto-reflective music, go. I do think that the piano here symbolizes the quiet ambiance in the picture. In fact, as the song progresses, I get that accomplishment feeling. I believe that this song just didn't need a description on why it was chosen; it clearly speaks for itself. I just think it fits perfectly for this picture.

Hydro's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- Hydro's entry is unique...very unique. It's amazing how a picture can be depicted into so many different scenarios. That mist, that dark atmosphere, the intimidation, the fear...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Quote is also alone; it makes you wonder if he is experiencing dread and feeling unsettled by what's around him. Overall, I got the image perfectly, Hydro. Good job.

Gman's Entry: Disapproval
This is just like Smash's entry, really. I don't wish to be redundant again, so I'll put it bluntly. The song does not fit with the atmosphere, or at least I don't believe it does. It's just too...let's say...loud...and it's also way too intimidating. I know you didn't even try, sir, but some effort could've been shown.

Sean's Entry: N/A (PENALTY DAMAGE)

Consome: 6(+2)
Bzilla: 3(+1)
Pik: 3(0)
roshi:3(+1)
Zman: 4 (+2)
Gman: 3(-1)
Smash: 1(0)
Skochko: 4(+2)
Linko: 3(+2)
CartoonLink: 4(+1)
Hydro: 3(+2)
SRB: -2(-1)
Crankeh: 2(-1)

The next theme is...
Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 4 Dead_Space_Ripper

This man...Let me describe him.

He's called Isaac Clark, an engineer who challenged his own fate. This man is the sole survivor of an "alien" massacre that took place in a deserted mining carrier. He had gotten himself involved with the goal to save his beloved, but deep down he knew that her fate was already sealed. But the man kept on pushing forward, facing the inexplicable dangers and entities that not every man is willing to face out of fear or lack of courage...all at the expense of his mentality. Isaac will forever be traumatized by the events taken place on that carrier, witnessing the gruesome deaths of many of his comrades.

Based on this description, find me a theme that you think fits well for this character.

zmanrwks

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:23 am

zmanrwks
This entry is subject to change.

roshipower

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:39 am

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

its that feeling, when you desperatly tried to save those you love and care about, but despite your effort, you relized you are too late, you have failed, and all is lost... THen that feeling haunts you for what remains in your life

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
RandomConsomePanchi

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:14 am

RandomConsomePanchi
Spoiler:
Um no seriously though. My choice is this one:
Spoiler:
loljk
But it goes with everything!
Regardless....choosing a theme for such a character...

Of course. Using the theme of one character for another...but perhaps
Yes....a nightmare....trembling convulsions....awakening every single night.
The memories...the specters that continuously haunt you...your friends...comrades lost...and you couldn't do anything to save them.
To save them....from the vile beasts that lay hidden within the darkness.....the demonic beings that came from hell itself.
You are unable to forget...this bloodshed...this atrocity.
You. The sole survivor. Why did it have to be you? You'd rather be dead then to live on with these images constantly replaying in your mind...seared onto your soul.
You are forever trapped in a shroud so dark...so evil
You are forever lost in a world where you are unable to live at peace.
Tormented daily.
But yet...you fight on.
The fires of pain and misery eat at you, but you go on.
Somewhere deep inside, you cling to a single memory.
A memory of peace. True happiness.
You fight to once again regain this light.
To liberate your soul from the sea of shadows it which it lies.
You'll continue fighting...
Until the world within you is at rest...

...perhaps I went overboard with this.
Perhaps I should've gone with a much more intense song for Isaac's Bravery and Bad A**ness and what not.
But...
I...
:Okay..:

Pikmintendo

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:32 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
The trauma...
The regret...
the misery...
having to live with the fact that you couldnt save your beloved...
the mystery surrounding the aliens...
The insanity that comes with it....
this

is his fate

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
Bzilla56

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:57 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

After a long consideration between this and Mafia 2's main theme, I think this is better.

Crankeh

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:58 am

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

Linkodude43

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:34 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

Skochko

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
This song is so long, but it fits the request really well, in my opinion. Memories, battles, tragedy and happiness can all be found in this song. I hope you enjoy it.

Crankeh

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:52 pm

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
Linko, I already used a Twilight Princess song. Isn't it against the rules to use a song from the same game which another user used?

Smash

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

As soon as I finished reading that description, this immediately came to mind.

zmanrwks

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:26 pm

zmanrwks
Crankeh wrote:Linko, I already used a Twilight Princess song. Isn't it against the rules to use a song from the same game which another user used?
Please refer to the last round.

Hydrocannon2727

Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark

Last edited by Hydrocannon2727 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

CartoonLink

Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:44 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

Linkodude43

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Hydrocannon2727 wrote:
I'm sorry, I know there's a few Legend of Zelda soundtracks posted prior to mine, but I couldn't help thinking of this.

Erm, its okay we all used zelda, BUT i already used this song, so I'm pretty sure you have to change it.

MarioWorldHacker

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:29 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Alright, that's it. I'm banning Twilight Princess from this round. The redundancy on this particular game is tiring. No more.

The reason why I even made that restriction of only using one track from one game from a series was to encourage people to post a variety of music from different series. But this...no. Everyone who posted music from Twilight Princess MUST change their entries.

Crankeh

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:18 am

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
Oh, that's okay. I have a different one just in case.

Linkodude43

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:37 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

Moar Zelda Music <3

Let me explain my reasoning as to why this fits:

He has seen horrid things, suffered the loss of all he loves, seen gruesome deaths, and worst of all, is left on his own, with no help, his soul needs resilience, this song gives resilience, both literally (In the Game) but also just the music is just super fitting for any kind of a sad story, such as Isaac's, and his soul will be healed by it.

Yeah, thats my reasoning.

Last edited by Linkodude43 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Skochko

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:42 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
He bans Twilight Princess and you come up with more Zelda music. Lol.

Crankeh

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:12 am

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
Thank you, master.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum