You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Smash

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:39 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
What better than Yuyuko's theme for a fight against Yuyuko?

Skochko

Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:25 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
I tried playing a lot of songs in the background while watching your video. I figured it shouldn't be a very complex scene, because it's a fight. I didn't want to go all-electronic, like most of the people, but I think this one fits very nicely.

Enjoy!

Linkodude43

Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:49 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
If you play the song at the same time as the battle, then I think it is very fitting

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
Skochko

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:14 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Just a little under 38h left for posting in this first round. Please, try not to delay this competition even more, because it will take a lot of time nevertheless.

CartoonLink

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:09 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
This new form of BEAT THA TRACK is hard.

The game looks Japanesey, so here you are.

Hydrocannon2727

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:45 am

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark

Last edited by Hydrocannon2727 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

SRB1996

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:12 pm

SRB1996
Kid Roy
Kid Roy
After over a hundred videos, a thousand grammatical errors. I have finally found something.

Ta-da and Ta-ra

Skochko

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:05 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
16 more hours left for Cranky to post. If MWH hasn't changed his mind, every other round will have a 48h limit.

CartoonLink

Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:12 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

this r my other vote, whichever is better use

Skochko

Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:15 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
CartoonLink wrote:

this r my other vote, whichever is better use
Why troll in this thread? I'll give you a warning if you do it one more time.

Crankeh

Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:10 pm

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
Um, I never signed up. All I said was, well, that this idea is epic.

SRB1996

Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:31 pm

SRB1996
Kid Roy
Kid Roy
Sergeant Crackers wrote:Um, I never signed up. All I said was, well, that this idea is epic.

Skoch will be ver displeased.

Crankeh

Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
Meh, I changed my mind.
Here it is.

MarioWorldHacker

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:03 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Before I go on, I want to make a clarification on the rating system first. I decided to tweak up the "approvals" by making them more varied. There are 4 types of scores:
Super Approval: Fits the theme "perfectly". Worth 2 Pts
Approval: Fits the theme nicely. Worth 1 Pt
Minor Approval: It fits, but not by much. Worth nothing.
Disapproval: You failed, son.

With that being said. Ratings, /go.

Consome's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
It's start off slow, meaning that it syncs well with the loading screen. That's a nice touch, yes...yes. And then, BAM, an adrenaline-rushing, fast-paced theme kicks in. This theme is one of those that I will never stop listening to when one of these matches are being played, it fits so well with the game's fast-paced fighting nature. The song also gets this climax that...I cannot describe it. Jesus, man.

Bzilla's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
DAT GUITAR RIFT. The serious tone in this track represents the same tone as the fight's. And that guitar rift really symbolizes pain being inflicted to your opponent. There is also some eagerness feeling in this track that really fits the dire and critical situations during the fight. Again, dat rift...

Pik's Entry: Approve
Yes, yes. It's starts off smooth, and then srs bsns kicks in. I do think there are two different variations when it comes to tones. The first one reminding you that this fight is...well...serious, and the other one, which is more of a softer tone, reminds you that this fight isn't that big of a deal. I have one major complaint with this one though. To be completely honest, it really gets too redundant after a while, making it bland for this type length-y battles. It does its job, yes, but I don't think this was the best choice.

Roshi's Entry: Approval
Tohoho, I see what you're doing here. I really do think this battle theme fits since it has that carefree feeling that I believe Touhou is known for. It's also easy-going, suggesting that the situation isn't really dire, but it's more of a fight for mere entertainment. Just taking it easy. I'm just going to look at this song from a different perspective from the rest of the songs here. With that being said, this entry deserves an approval.

Zman's Entry: Minor Approval
I see the direction that you're going for here, and I like it. It has what it needs to fit, but one thing really bothers me. As I mentioned earlier, the repetitious nature of this track can really dry out itself by a whole. It just doesn't sound like something I would listen to often while having one of these matches.

Gman's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
Dat FFVII. I love it how this track doesn't change it's exhilarating nature. It stays fast-paced throughout the whole thing, and that is something that I do think fits perfectly for the video. Not only this, but it's extremely catchy and gives a feeling of desperation in tackling your opponent. Sir, I highly approve of this.

Smash's Entry: Approval
Although I do love this theme, I have plenty of things to point out. Smash, you did not think this through hard enough, did you? Admittedly, I think the song fits, but I have to say this. The track itself sounds too...conclusive for this fight. By this, I mean that this is the last struggle, the final confrontation between to entities who duke it out to settle their differences once and for all. I can't really see it in the video. Not only this, but using one of the character's themes here can overshadow who's the one dominating the match. Nevertheless, still a good entry.

Mama's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
I like...no...admire this entry. It manages to preserve a balance between something mystical, steady, and adaptable to the situation here. Like you said, it really isn't that complex, meaning that this track suits incredibly well with both the atmosphere and conflict between the two fighters. I could go on, but I fear I would just be rephrasing what I just said.

Linko's Entry: Disapproval.
...Where to start? Care to tell me, out of all the songs that you could've posted...why did you post this one? It doesn't fit the situation at all. It's too dark, gloomy, otherworldly...NO. Linko, you're doing it wrong. I feel as if there's a threat going on during the fight when in truth, there isn't. Just...no.

CartoonLink's Entry: Approval
Let me start out with a rant. If this sounds "Japanese-y", then how will an "American-y", or "Europe-y" track sound like? I don't like how you generalize this, at all. Anyway, back to the song. It really isn't that appealing to begin with, in all due honesty. Don't get me wrong, I do think it fits, but this track just isn't enough for it to portray this particular match.

Hydro's Entry: Approval
Nice entry you got here, Hydro. I like to think that the saxophone makes the fight sound a bit more...fluid(?), and a bit easy-going at that. And then, the other segments kick in, adding more length and variety to the track itself, which I like. Other than that, all I can say is that for most of the fight, it fits well.

Sean's Entry: Minor Approval
OK, I'm listening to it. The start is a bit slow, but that's ok, it'll surely pick up...right? No, it hasn't even...Sean, I have one major complaint with this track. It starts out slow, TOO slow.By the time the track picks up, the fight had already begun;about 50 seconds in. But after that, despite it being slow in its pace, I do think that it fits...not by that much, though.This track just isn't that adequate for this theme, to be honest.

Cranky's Entry: Approval
Dammit, Cranky. Although the length is relative short, the content of the track makes up for it greatly. Not only that, but I swear that this track even syncs. Other than that, I really don't want to be redundant up to this point. I'll just put it bluntly...Do I even need to say it?

Current Scores:

Consome: 2(+2)
Bzilla: 2(+2)
Pik: 1(+1)
roshi:1(+1)
Zman: 0 (0)
Gman: 2(+2)
Smash: 1(+1)
Skochko: 2(+2)
Linko: -1(-1)
CartoonLink: 1(+1)
Hydro: 1(+1)
SRB: 0(0)
Crankeh: 1(+1)

Now, finally, the next round.
The theme shall be...Mash-Up related.

Listen to the example above. I want you to find me a mash-up of any song. It could be like the example above, or it could be a mash-up with one song and another one, as long as they're both VGM. Now, based on this, post the best mash-up you can find and try to find one that makes it sound even better than their originals, or when they are played alone.

Last edited by MarioWorldHacker on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

CartoonLink

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:04 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
WHAT THE FUCK, I GOT THE WORST AWARD.

Smash

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

I changed mine because the out of sincness bugged me

Last edited by Smash on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:01 am; edited 2 times in total

Pikmintendo

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

Last edited by Pikmintendo on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:31 am; edited 4 times in total

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
zmanrwks

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:14 pm

zmanrwks
I WILL WIN THIS

PREPARE FOR THE EARGASM OF FOREVER.

*NOTE: The intro is rather long, song doesn't pick up until about 1:35.

Hydrocannon2727

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark
Can all of the sons be from the same game?

RandomConsomePanchi

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:37 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
:OMG RAGE: :OMG RAGE: :OMG RAGE: :OMG RAGE: :OMG RAGE: :OMG RAGE: :OMG RAGE:

I had so many bloody choices to choose from here. But I went with what I hope will get me a supper approval.

I...
:Okay..:

Last edited by RandomConsomePanchi on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

MarioWorldHacker

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:39 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Hydrocannon2727 wrote:Can all of the sons be from the same game?

That is fine for this round, yes.

Hydrocannon2727

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark

Awesome, 'cause I found this.

Crankeh

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby