Ice Kirby
Smash wrote:Linkosux92 is obviously Dooba

Oh shit! really? I couldn't tell.

Smash

Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:00 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I'm expecting an admin to ban him pretty soon.

Skochko

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:52 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Ok, so Sean is withdrawing. No need to wait for his entry. 1 more left to post and 1 more correction to be made (coz Zelda).

zmanrwks

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:44 am

zmanrwks
Skochko wrote:Ok, so Sean is withdrawing. No need to wait for his entry. 1 more left to post and 1 more correction to be made (coz Zelda).
CL did correct it.

CartoonLink

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:08 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Skochko wrote:Ok, so Sean is withdrawing. No need to wait for his entry. 1 more left to post and 1 more correction to be made (coz Zelda).

Shut up you dumb nigger. Zelda shouldn't be banned, many people used TP music why? Because it's music of the gods.

Kaz

Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator

0:00 Inspiring, fun, joyful
0:40 Fulfilling, reminder this is the end
1:11 Nostalgia

MarioWorldHacker

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:12 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Ok, unlike the other rounds, I really won't be as descriptive with the ratings. If I agree with what you say, I'll simply state it. However, if it does not comply with what I'm hearing, then I'll explain it from what I understand instead.

Bzilla's Entry: Minor Approval
I really thing you got the feelings mixed up. I get more of a saddening part at the beginning than at the end. The revengeful segment...I get more of a KEEP ON MOVING FORWARD vibe with a bit of suspense than one aspiring for revenge. At the end, I get a small glimpse of hope...more like an ending where everything was resolved.

Pik's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
Dat Tenshi. I do believe I see what you were going for here. You wanted something that sounds conclusive, something that triumphs in both strength and determination. The feelings here are clearly associated with the track; I can hear it.

Zman's Entry: Approval
I agree with the feelings that you stated; it's clear to me. Although, I wouldn't have gone with hopelessness, but with intimidation. I do know where that comes from, but it isn't really emphasized that much for me.

Cranky's Entry: Disapproval
You know, it would've been nice if you had stated the three feelings that I had requested. Because of this, I cannot rate the song based on what you think is being conveyed in. Oh well, I'll try to do that myself. It starts out with a bit of melancholy, but it eases up with as the track progresses, watering it down to a feeling of facing a foe much stronger than you are.I really don't know what I'm supposed to get from this song. I'm already having a hard time trying to make it fit into the theme, but I can't. You really should've been specific.

Roshi's Entry:Approval
I agree with most of the feelings that you associated with this track. However, I don't agree with the fact that this song makes you nervous, but it sparks more confidence and determination to triumph.

Consome's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
Your description speaks for itself perfectly. These feelings are closely associated with how the emphasis starts getting stronger as the track plays, conveying the feelings that you have stated. ZUN is a musical genius, nuff said.

Smash's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
Yes...YES. These feelings. I've always felt these every time I heard this track play. The variation in this track helps represent each feeling perfectly. I just don't like the way you described some of these, but it's good regardless. Also, that chant.

Linko's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
This track has a very friendly tone to it, which matches with your description perfectly. You're just taking it easy, battling just for the joy of it.

CL's Entry: Approval
Sense of epicness...that is...too vague, CL. Sure, one can understand where that comes from, but you need to be more clear on why this has that sense. I can get an odd feeling of nostalgia from this, along with the joyfulness of the song. With this, I agree.

Mama's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
NO, MAMA. Shawn cannot die by the Origami Killer's arrogance. His father had gone through so much just to save him, but he fails at the end? NO. Story aside, though, the feelings here are played out in a chronological order; one plays after the other. It concludes with the inevitability that I refuse to accept. All of these feelings...I have to say you described it well.

Gman's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
I want to cry tears of joy every time I hear this bloody song. You have taken the words out of my mouth, sir. These feelings. EEZ PERFECT. That nostalgia. Ok, I'll admit it, nostalgia has blinded me in this track. Too many memories with Rainbow Road.

Hydro Entry: N/A
Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 1319427168001

Sean Ent- Banned
Because of your lack of dedication to this game...
Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 Tumblr_lsmddq8CdL1r39ydno1_500

Consome: 10(+2) (Why do you keep winning?)
Bzilla: 5(+2)
Pik: 7(+2)
roshi:6(+1)
Zman: 7(+1)
Gman: 6(+2)
Smash: 5(+2)
Skochko: 8(+2)
Linko: 7(+2)
CartoonLink: 5(+1)
Hydro: 3(-1)
Crankeh: 1(-1)

Again, I apologize for not being as descriptive as I usually am with the ratings.

NOW, for the next theme, I'll actually make it pretty simple.

Find me something VERY obscure, but you consider as a gem/masterpiece/etc.Something that you can almost guarantee I have not heard of before, but will appreciate it for what it does. I highly recommend you go for obscure games for this round, along with a brief description on why you chose this track.

Bzilla56

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:23 pm

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

Yeah, I know RE isn't that obscure, but not alot of people know about Darkside Chronicles or it's soundtrack, so it kinda fits.

Last edited by Bzilla56 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total

RandomConsomePanchi

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:55 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 4131681768 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 4131681768 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 4131681768 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 4131681768 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 4131681768
I DONT KNOW
WHAT TO CHOOSE MAN
Spoiler:
Lol jk
Spoiler:

I...
I have 3 games in mind when it comes to obscurity.
3 games with soundtracks that are, in my opinion, excellent.
I just...I just don't know.
I don't want to be hurt anymore you guys.
So I picked the song with the key to the cage.
And with it...my heart revealed the answer to me.
AND BEHOLD, I WAS TAKEN AWAY
FOR POSTING THIS SONG
But what do you expect from the guy who posted What's Going On Consome Panchi!?

And the guy who streams He-man

Well...that's all right. Just don't bring that s*** into my house.

OK. THAT'S IT.
I HOPE.
I MADE.
THE RIGHT CHOICE!
Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 Tumblr_lx5fea0gU11qerg1w

Why...you ask. WHY DO I CHOOSE THIS SONG YOU SAY?
FOOLS!
There is nothing better than a classic NES song from such an obscure but good title.
Having this as a child has made me enjoy this game even more, and despite my abuses of better songs such as Stage 2 and FOUR
I WILL GO ON
AND STAGE 3 SHALL BE MY PICK
Cuz 9 likes and multiple of 9
AND WITH THAT
IT IS MY ONLY HOPE
TO PERSEVERE!
No one ever said it'll be easy...

Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 Tumblr_lyhsbfkN9m1qerg1w

Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508

zmanrwks

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:25 pm

zmanrwks
Spoiler:

This should receive bonus points.

Anyway, why did I pick this song? It offers much emotion and such from it. Being both somber (a song about a death), yet creepy and eerie (especially looking at the image... eeeeeeeh...), and yet so beautiful. It's a true gem from a game I never heard of until a few minutes ago.

Last edited by zmanrwks on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Smash

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:31 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Wow, somehow, he's been able to make it to a whole new level of insane.

Linkodude43

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:52 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

I chose this song because it is very nice to listen to, and Terraria in my opinion, is a very underrated, underplayed game, which has a oddly Catchy/Good Soundtrack, this one being my favorite of them all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
roshipower

Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:25 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

this music, so nostalgic, never owned this game but play briefly with a friend, wasnt an awesome game, it was okay, but this music...so calming, makes you forget all your worries and troubles in the real world, and just immerses you into this one

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
CartoonLink

Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:41 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

Immediate smile on my face. Smile

Skochko

Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:31 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator

Ambient music is very, very underrated. I don't know if there's a masterpiece of ambient music, but this track is brilliant. It is actually just a background song of a Real Time Strategy game. I hope you didn't ask for colossal epicness of a song that gives you chills every 5 seconds. It's very simple, very sad and also nostalgic for me.

Crankeh

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:00 am

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

Pikmintendo

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:09 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

great music
terribad game
terribad an obscure

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
Kaz

Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:36 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator

:Not sure if:

Smash

Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:55 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

First of all, any game song I've heard I'm almost certain you've probably heard. So I chose this because of the dark creepyness that is Giygas. I also had no idea what obscure meant. So I looked it up and upon reading the definition I instantly thought of this.

Skochko

Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:25 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
MWH, I think everyone has posted. Lazyfag.

Smash

Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:41 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
'cept Hydro for some reason

MarioWorldHacker

Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:24 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Bzilla's Entry: Approval
Dem chants. Although RE is well-known, I have to admit that I have never heard of Darkside Chronicles. Does that make it obscure? I don't think so, really. Regardless, I have to admit that I did enjoy hearing this theme, although it takes its time to pick up the pace. Tohoho, but when it does, it's enCHANTing for my ears. GET IT, I MADE A JOOOOOO-shot. Granted, the instrumental choice here is wonderful.

Consome's Entry: Minor Approval
SKY SHAAARK. Even though you have pestered me with this game's stage 4 theme, will it blind my views on this song overall? The answer is: Yes(I'm lying, or am I?). That aside, though, let's see if this is worth the 4.5 Milk rating. As I listen to this theme, I am not exactly pleased with the overall performance. Maybe it's missing something. Not sure about this entry, overall. It just sounds a bit...bland. It just needs more to it to spice it up. Maybe if it was a bit more fast-paced. I'm sorry, I can't get the appeal of this track at all.

Zman's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
I'll give you extra points because of the title. Too good. As for your entry and description overall, I can feel what you pointed out. I can experience agony in this song...that type of agony which will be nullified at the end soon enough. But for now, you're made to resist the hardships that you are facing at this moment. It manages to portray so many things into one song; you can literally fits this into any scene that's related to somber.

Linko's Entry: Minor Approval
Terraria...underrated...underplayed.
Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 OHNO
Funny, I played Terraria the other day with some of the TND people. I've also heard conversations regarding to this game, along with seeing discussion boards about this. Define "obscure", Linko. Anyway, I do enjoy this song, but not by much. Sure, it's supposed to give more ambiance to the game's setting, but I've heard more tracks that I enjoy from this game. Not only this, but this just isn't obscure at all.

Roshi's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- Roshi, why. I remember renting this game plenty of times back in my day. I'll disagree with you completely with your opinion on this game. This game is marvelous. And that music...THAT MUSIC. If there was something that I really enjoyed from this game, it was this element right here. Don't assume that I am being blinded by nostalgia; I don't even remember most of the tracks in the game. It's just that this game's music was about pure ambiance...and I loved it.

CartoonLink's Entry: Minor Approval
Secret of Mana...obscure...Hmm. I'm pretty sure the Mana series has a cult following. I'll just rate it based on the track, then. It does sound upbeat, but it gets too repetitive way too quickly. It's not even that catchy, in my opinion. I'm not getting a memorable vibe out of this. But I can say that I did quite enjoy hearing it, and it will probably be the last time I'll be doing so.

Skochko's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
Ambient music...underrated. Do I really need to mention Metroid here? Regardless, let me add this. Mama, you have yet found another wonderful masterpiece with soothes and calms the soul. Like you said, a song doesn't need to be something colossal. This arrange right here can define atmosphere just perfectly. It can be used as a remembrance of what you've been through while traversing in your journey...and...there are just way too many scenes in where this would fit.

Cranky's Entry: Minor Approval
Cranky, I'm not sure to whether....Jesus, man. If you could at LEAST give me a good reason on why you chose this track out of all the tracks you could've chosen...Let me be straight with you: even though I do appreciate chiptunes and often find them catchy, I can't get the same vibe with this track. It just doesn't work for me. In my opinion, chiptunes can only be memorable if they sound up-beat and promising. This just doesn't do a good job at it; it at least tries.

Pik's Entry: SUPER (CHARGE IT) APPROVAL
Children of Mana...Is there a pattern here? I'll try to avoid comparing this song with CL's. It's clearly different. In fact, VERY different. It...it reminds me of Golden Sun for the oddest reason. I am wondering this myself. Could it be the soothing melody that resembles harmony? A sense of accomplishment, maybe? You can only wonder, just like the characters in the picture. That being said though, I do find this track to be...extravagant if it's going for something along the lines of a peaceful ambiance. That main instrument though...Why do I love it so?

Gman's Entry: Approval
Not sure if want. Sir, although I do love this track so very much because it sounds very Genesis to me, I can't help but ponder: Since when was Castlevania obscure? Points off from you. I'll be off to play The Castlevania Adventure and take care of those bloody eagles. What I...I am trying to say about this track is that it brings me into bloody tears (joke?). It serves as a perfect stage theme where all you're doing is whipping and slashing your way through the horde of enemies. LUB IT.

Smash's Entry: Disapproval.
EARTHBOUND?! IN THE OBSCURITY LIST?! NO.EEZ WRONG. Smash, this description isn't even reasonable. At all. No. Just. No. I am insulted. I don't even enjoy this track as much. JUST

/rant

Consome: 10(0)
Bzilla: 6(+1)
Pik: 9(+2)
roshi:8(+2)
Zman: 9(+2)
Gman: 7(+1)
Smash: 4(-1)
Skochko: 10(+2)
Linko: 7(0)
CartoonLink: 5(0)
Hydro: 2(-1)
Crankeh: 1(0)

I feel as if I was very picky in this round, really.

NOW.

The month of February is finally almost here. To celebrate, I would need to auto-reflect on many things. One of them being about the games that were released on the year of my birth. (Because this completely correlates with everything).

My request? Find me the best track you can think of, or find, from any game that was released in the year 1994. Why? Need I say more? Plenty of good games were released that year. GOGOGO.

RandomConsomePanchi

Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:32 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
Spoiler:

Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508
*see's roshi's entry*
Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508
*see's zman's entry*
Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508
*see's all Sonic 3 entries and anyone elses*
Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508 Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 6 2923796508

Last edited by RandomConsomePanchi on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:58 am; edited 3 times in total

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum