You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Skochko

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:10 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Now it's my time to bitch. This is waaay out of my comfort zone, even more than the last round (at least I could find Forest Maze in the last one, which is a track I love, but it wasn't nearly good enough, so yea). I don't see this competition as a thing in which you can just narrow the choices down so much, when there are a shitload of games and hundreds of shitloads of good tracks. I just cannot relate to any of the songs. While I did like some of them, I would never even consider using them in a regular competition, no matter how perfectly they fit the request.

Perhaps I am not in the best mood, but I don't think I'm capable of writing anything from heart while listening to these songs, so my description is going to be generic.

I am not the best person to judge you, because I haven't played as many games out there, but you know I always try my best to be unique and I don't think I should be disallowed to do that, especially not in the last round.

Nevertheless, I like the idea for this round. Maybe you could have gone with "Post any VGM that is very similar to one of these songs", or something like that. I am just not able to "feel" these songs, like, for example, Panchi can.

I accept my very likely loss and here's my song:

The only two songs I really like are this one and the one that Panchi posted. I didn't want to seem desperate, so here it is. It's makes you feel like you are in an adventure. An adventure which is not dark, but you face a lot of battles along the way.

While it's super repetitive, I like the part that plays like 20 times in those three and a half minutes. It's kind of addicting. It's like during the whole song, you just wait for that one part. Brings my mood up a little.

Other than that, it's not really a masterpiece in my book. It will be stuck in my head for a while, from overlistening, but eventually I'll forget about it. Nothing more to say. Sorry MWH.

Good luck Panchi and Pik (most likely)!

Crankeh

Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
I'm sorry, but I really didn't like any of the songs. So I just picked one that seemed best. (As of Crankeh Standards) It's not like I'm going to win this game or anything.

I picked this one mainly because it gives you the feeling that you're on a new adventure or something like that.

Again, sorry for the bitching.

Linkodude43

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:42 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

I am going to be honest, I did not like any of these, but this one was the best, just because it's the most catchy, I can not provide a honest description for music I do not like.

Oh yeah, and, AGREED, this round should have been Zelda Music, since it was banned the entire time >_> Which totally took the "Ultimate," out of this game because we coulden't use some of the truly epic music Zelda has, therefore not giving us our maximum potential to beat the track.

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
RandomConsomePanchi

Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:20 am

RandomConsomePanchi
Zelda was banned due to the excessive way it was posted in each, and every round. Surely, it has one of the most stellar soundtracks in the history of music itself, but since you all had to abuse it to the point of disturbing MWH without providing any range of variety, he banned it.

Skochko

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:10 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Zelda music is overrated. It's fantastic, but there are songs that are equally good, or even better. We shouldn't judge MWH for his decisions. This is the first time we've done this, so I'm okay with everything.

Smash

Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Agreed with Skoch.

roshipower

Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:43 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

not much to say for me, besides this one was the best of the playlist, which (in my opinion) was somewhat of a lacklustre playlist, not many songs stood out to me and i this is really the only one of few i remembered, but aside from that, i would probably be able to explain how i feel about this music had i known a little bit more about the game, as i can't really decide based on what i like the most because one of the ways i like to judge, is how fitting the music is, knowing mroe about what im listening to would help, all i can really say is that is gives a mixture of feeling like its over and it in a way relaxes you, but at the same time makes your feel tense and unsure of what's to come of you in the future

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Skochko

Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Roshi needs to be taught about punctuation marks. Badly.

Kaz

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:18 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator

I like it because it is very energetic, well to me at least. It seems that it sounds something similar to something that i like. This one stands out since most are calm, while this one is not as calm, but has a lot of flavor.

MarioWorldHacker

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:52 am

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Time to exploit my intentions for this last round. The reason why I limited you all in just a few selections was because I wanted to see who was actually trying throughout this whole game, so I decided to regulate what you could post to see if this was the case or not. Not only this, but I wanted to see if you people could judge based on tracks that you don't hear as often - such as Touhou - and not post something that you're already familiar with (the only exception here is Mama). In the end, I got some interesting results, and some disappointing defeats, but all in all, it was worth it.

Zman's Entry:Disapproval
I'm disapproving simply because you did not meet the criteria and I'm only going to base it upon that. Otherwise, I would've given you a Super Approval. You stuck up with what you believed in and I respect that. You deserve a tack, son.

CL's Entry: Disapproval
If you're not going to try, don't even bother participating. I can't be arsed to read your half-arsed reviews.

Bzilla: Disapproval
I don't think you got one until now. Your description really bothers me because of the lack in detail. Also, he might've exploited my unintentional plan.

Consome's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
Need I say more?

Pik's Entry:Approval
Although you did describe it, I would've liked if you had gotten a bit more in-depth in detail.

Smash's Entry: Approval
Specifics, man. I want more specifics. Regardless, your description can fit well in the situation that you mention. Also, you can already tell who's getting the cookie.

Mama's Entry: Minor Approval
This was more of an experiment that I was performing, and you were all my guinea-pigs (ha). I apologize for the limitations that I set up for all of you, but I've already mentioned why I did it. To be completely honest, I expected better results, but that wasn't really the case. Again, I apologize. As for the song, the description is very generic and doesn't focus on specifics, like you said. Although, I have to admit that it does get redundant after a while. I don't know what else to say, really.

Cranky's Entry: Disapproval
At least don't copy others, even if you choose the same song as them. Provide me something unique.

Linko's Entry: Disapproval
Fair enough. Also, do I really need to tell you the reason why I even banned Zelda? Certain people just kept on posting that shizz when I specifically said to not post more; I had to be strict for the sakes of variety. It doesn't take out the world "Ultimate" at it. I look at it as being huge in the variety aspect, not based on a single series being posted for every bloody round. I also wanted to see what else you could post aside from Zelda music because you started to bore me. I have nothing against Zelda music (Personally, I love it), but if I have to be strict, I will do it.

Roshi's Entry: Approval
I noticed the way you judge; you based it upon on what you know about the game. I have to admit that there's bias involved in there, but that's not to say that we all don't share that "bias" trait. Regardless, I'll have to agree with your minor description of the song.

Sir's Entry: Minor Approval
This one certainly has an unique flavor when compared to the other tracks in the playlist, but your description just needed more specifics.

Consome: 15(+2)
Bzilla: 6(-1)
Pik: 14(+1)
roshi:13(+1)
Zman: 11(-1)
Gman: 10(0)
Smash: 8(+1)
Skochko: 12(0)
Linko: 8(-1)
CartoonLink: 6(-1)
Crankeh: 1(-1)

I'll congratulate Roshi, Mama, Consome, and Mama for their descriptions. Criticism is always welcomed. (Linko, you don't count -it wasn't even a good rant).

I should've expected this sooner, but I had my hopes up for another possible winner. But, of course, Consome managed to pull through at the end thanks to this round. Congratulations, Consome, you've beaten the track.

My thoughts on UBtT overall? TEDIOUS. Jesus, man. Judging a huge quantity of people for 9 rounds with different entries every time really gets tiring after a while, hence why I kept on delaying the rounds. Not only that, but it was a bit stressful to come up with an unique theme for every round without messing it up. But aside from this, in the end, you could say that I had my share of fun and entertainment participating as the judge here. Speaking of which...don't expect me to fully participate in BtT; I'm too tired of judging and I don't want to risk myself winning.

With this being said, Consome has won the BtT Badge and shall be the judge for the next UBtT. Conglaturations!

Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 9 HMbNr ~~~~~~ Ultimate Beat the Track ~~~~~~ Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 9 HMbNr

Smash

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:06 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
And he gets a cookie. Alright, let's prepare for the next round of normal beat the track

RandomConsomePanchi

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:07 am

RandomConsomePanchi
Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 9 2923796508
Spoiler:

zmanrwks

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:31 am

zmanrwks
Consome may have won, but I feel as if I'm a true winner.

roshipower

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:57 am

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
i congragulate consome on another solid victory

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Smash

Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:06 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
zmanrwks wrote:Consome may have won, but I feel as if I'm a true winner.

That's because you rejected Touhou with pride. Did you even try PLAYING the game?

zmanrwks

Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:17 am

zmanrwks
Smash wrote:
zmanrwks wrote:Consome may have won, but I feel as if I'm a true winner.

That's because you rejected Touhou with pride. Did you even try PLAYING the game?
No, but I don't need nor have to play it. If you say otherwise, then too bad.

And what does playing Touhou have to do with this anyway? I didn't reject the choices because of my refusal to play the game, I rejected them because I didn't like honestly. I don't need to play a game to like a song, otherwise I wouldn't have used the song from Iji.

Skochko

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:18 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
As expected, Panchey wins. Coz he is pro. And sexy.
However, the fact that Roshi had a point more than I did proves this competition irrelevant.

CartoonLink

Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:58 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Fuck, looking back at this, the whole judging process was biased. LOL, Ken, Pik, and Gman wins only. Yet half of their songs were terrible choices. Actually reading this shows how poor of a judge MWH is, saying my picks weren't strong yet they were the best out of anyone's...?

Let's get this up and going again

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum