The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skochko

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:36 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
I hope TBY will forgive me for going ahead of him and posting this update thread.
It's almost a complete transformation of the forum. We have gone from pure black to white-blue. I mean the biggest update because we changed a lot of stuff at once. Here are the things we have done:

* The skin was changed, drastically (duh?)
* The banner was changed, with TBY and I working together on it.
* The forum icons are changed. Sorry Sparky for putting Toad instead of ElectroKoopa, but I just couldn't fit it nicely with the other two.
* I had to make the navbar, since the default one sucked balls.
* The chatbox was recoloured once again. Sorry if you have to change font colour so early :]
* The forum icons are changed, though we are, once again, using the default ones, since they are pretty.

Things to be done:
* Recolour the Mods and ModCops groups (I have temporarily changed this, but after I speak with the members, I will change it permanently)
* Add customized ranks on your request, if I get an approval from TBY.
* Fix up the problems with the skin, if there are any.
* Put the music player back.

So please, comment, rate and/or tell me about flaws you spotted.

Skochko

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:35 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
*Sorry about the double post, but...

Guys, I put up this thread so I can hear your opinions. Nobody made a comment, yet I find out a lot of you have been complaining about everything. I come here and I find a new banner, even though the majority of members told me how pretty it is, including TBY himself. I don't like suckups and liars. Seriously, say you don't like it, so I can make another one that satisfies your wishes, or just live with it... I don't care if you changed the banner, I just want the truth. If you don't like the banner, you can ALWAYS request a new one. I can also help anybody here, who wants to be better at graphic design. I am not a freaking terrorist...

So I am asking you again, please tell me what's wrong...?

Last edited by Skochko on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Marioking

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:40 am

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
The skin was changed, drastically (duh?):
This is shitty, get a good colour and maybe ask people before you say "HERP DERP LES CANGE DA TEME INTO ANOTHR MONO CRAP COLRU!"

The banner was changed, with TBY and I working together on it.:
It was fine, gtfo all other faggots

The forum icons are changed. Sorry Sparky for putting Toad instead of ElectroKoopa, but I just couldn't fit it nicely with the other two.
It's fine, Sparky is only one out of 189 registered users, he can live with it.

I had to make the navbar, since the default one sucked balls.
Looks shitty along with the skin

Not going to comment on the rest, cause I can't give a shitfuck.

Skochko

Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:19 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
1. Deathfox requested a brighter look, members agreed. Of course I couldn't ask every member, but the ones I did ask had no complains.
2. I don't know why it was changed.
3. That, like the others, is a notification, thus doesn't need any further discussion.
4. Your opinion. Thanks.

Others?

Kuro

Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:22 am

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
Uhm... Make a thread for members to suggest themes and hold a "make your own banner competition" and let everyone vote for the banner? That should please just about everyone.

My biggest problem with the last color scheme was that black was invisible when posting and in sigs. So were other dark colors. A dark gray almost looks black and black shows up on it. I would've preferred that, but not with this theme.

Skochko

Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:34 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Deathfox, if anyone actually cared to post, they should have done it in this thread. It clearly says "So please, comment, rate and/or tell me about flaws you spotted.".
People are talking on the chat only or not at all. Only four people that really told how they feel about the theme are Pik, Cranky, FrozenWinters and MarioKing. Pik doesn't care, Cranky likes it, FrozenWinters doesn't get to have an opinion, because he is not posting on the forum and MarioKing, well, he isn't exactly the ultimate member role model, but at least he gave an opinion about the theme...

The theme can be changed if necessary! I am not going to change it if nobody cares to post, though.

MarioWorldHacker

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:03 am

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
I didn't get much of a say in this, so I might as well say it now. To be honest, the last skin was better, but it doesn't mean that I want it to be the way it used to be. I agree with foxeh's suggestion on this part.

As for the banner, I wasnt being a suck-up when I said I liked it, it was my own personal opinion. The banner just lacked *character*; the last banner we had before we made this update represented each of the most appreciated members here. Plus it felt unique and not as bland as the one we recently had.

Skochko

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:05 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
MarioWorldHacker wrote:the last banner we had before we made this update represented each of the most appreciated members here.
I can always make something like that, maybe even better. Why didn't you say so? Thx for posting, though.

Crankeh

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:47 am

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
I liked the banner before this one. And Skoch, can you make a skin color a little tiny bit darker? The white is kind of killing me (not to be rude...)

Skochko

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:48 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
I can't, but we can change the skin again :/

MAJOR UPDATE!

New banner!

The biggest skin update since The Brawling Yoshis! 2zz2emv

No, just kidding. I'll make a proper one with all the characters in + Ness, which I forgot about.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Anonymous
Your banner... aren't those people from the new cooking mama game?

TheBlueYoshi

Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:16 pm

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
--- wrote:Your banner... aren't those people from the new cooking mama game?

You've been warned. First warning. I told you to control yourself. Date will be relinquished 2/12/10.

Smash

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:21 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I like it. It's got Wii colors now! The only downside is that Ness isn't in the banner anymore and Mother 2 is my favorite SNES game =(

Skochko

Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:18 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Smash560 wrote:I like it. It's got Wii colors now! The only downside is that Ness isn't in the banner anymore and Mother 2 is my favorite SNES game =(
I already said I'll make a banner with everyone + Ness.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:46 pm

Anonymous
TheBlueYoshi wrote:

You've been warned. First warning. I told you to control yourself. Date will be relinquished 2/12/10.

What the hell did I do? The banner had characters from a New cooking mama game and I was wondering if they were actually from that game. (It was on Skoch's banner)

TheBlueYoshi

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:43 pm

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
--- wrote:
TheBlueYoshi wrote:

What the hell did I do? The banner had characters from a New cooking mama game and I was wondering if they were actually from that game. (It was on Skoch's banner)

You can take that warning and apply it to your signature.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum