You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kuro

Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:08 am

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
Owner commands and options

There are three commands for owners.

/s - This allows you to set a scroll message at the bottom of the chatbox where users type. You can change the color by adding #r #b or #g at the end. Example: /sTND's theme has been changed.#r This will make a red message that says the theme has been updated scroll across the bottom. I think only red, blue, and green work, but I'm not sure.

/p - This gags all new guests for 3 minutes. If the chat is invaded and people are flooding/spamming/trolling, you can gag them all immediately with this.

/i - This will show you the ID of who set the scroll.

Additionally, owners can make users members, guests, or moderators.

Commands for all users

/f - This lets you add someone by their ID. Just type /fIDHERE and it will add them to your friends list. This isn't insanely useful, but it comes in handy at times.

/t - Let's you ignore a user, just PC them and type it. Again, not really useful.

$= - This allows you to set macros. Macros will remember anything you type after the equal sign and if you put what was on the left side of the equation, the right side will be shown. Example: $youtube=Youtube.com Type the into the chat and press enter. Now every time you type "$youtube" it will put a link to Youtube.com. This is very, very useful and you can use as many macros as you want. To see what macros you have set, just type "$=" and it will show you. I don't recommend setting "$" to anything, since it won't let you see which macros you have if you do.

Powers

Powers are not that big of a deal. I barely even use mine. There are way too many to explain all of them, but most of them are just smiley effects and things to make your pawn and name "prettier." You can't abuse Xat powers. Powers are the equivalent of a Chatango BG, except some are actually useful and not just for show. Luckily, these are mostly group powers. Which I can and have already assigned.

IMPORTANT - You can embed the forums at the bottom of the chat group. If anyone is worried Xat's extra features will take away from the forum, you don't need to worry. Even if you're on the group page using them, the forum will be right below you. And if you just want to chat, there's the chatbox on the homepage.

I'll finish this later... that's just the basics.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum