The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

syduck98

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:54 am

syduck98
Ezlo
Ezlo
Well, I've beaten the game 4 times now, and it still interests me so i figured i could review, and what a better place then here Smile ...

Story
Okay, so your just chilling, having a wicked dance party as one of of a 4 crashers, And all the sudden a friendly night gets shot with an arrow, falls down the stairs, and its war! You go outside, and There is an evil magician steeling a giant crystal thing from the king, who is cowering in his over sized chair... Good job king -_- . Anyway, now's where you come in, either alone or with a 1-3 friends... You pretty much just charge right through enemies, more and more enemies... Eventually after killing a bunch of enemies, surely leveling up at least once or twice, your ready for the barbarian boss. Don't worry, he's slow as shit, and most of his attacks are either block-able, or easily dodged. Although, this does introduce boss fights, where you see an HP meter on the bottom of the screen, and the bosses are usually much bigger then you are... Now its almost the same thing for the rest of the game, just throw in different, buffer enemies with different maps... Same concept, fight a boss, get a princess you know, standard stuff... There are a few pieces you will need to beat the game though, such as a boomerang, shovel, bow and arrow, Bugle horn,and a few boat parts ( telescope, wheel and i think a compass. You will also need a map, but that comes in handy later. You will need plenty of potions and sandwiches along the way. What does a sandwich do you may ask? Its like steroids for your crasher, because after a sandwich they have 10 seconds of brute strength, making even the lower leveled crasher do something special.
After traveling through forests, caves deserts and winter lands, you finally reach the final boss. Or so you think... They're are 3 sub bosses before you can even think about fighting the final boss. I didn't mention her in the review yet, but you fight a cyclops after killing her husband at her wedding for one of the princesses. She is back from the dead, with fire in her eye (literally, she shoots fireballs out of her eye) To destroy you. After that fight, you go into this little room, break a purple crystal thing, and move to the next boss, which is the retarded artist. Im calling him retarded, because he has a fat body and a tool box for a head, and his voice sounds like a reformed smoker. He makes these paintings, that come to life and come to rape your face... They explode too if you get to close.. Oh joy. After beating the shit out of this guy, you move to the final semi final boss thing. The necromancer i think is how you spell it... Anyway, the room is filled with dead enemies EVERYWHERE! And guess what? HE REVIVES THEM! Yup, i said it, he revives them and its an epic battle, which is really hard alone i might add. After you finish i think 3 waves of them, the little bitch comes down to fight you himself. Hes not terribly hard, although his magic is pretty powerful. After beating him, you probably think you've seen it all. WRONG! Its time for the final boss, so restock on potions and get your best weapons and pet orbs ready to gogogo. First part of the final boss, there are these 4 ready crystals, that come and fly at you, and you have to destroy them while they are in the ground. That was easy. Next, he comes down on the floor in this little bubble thing, which will go from blue, to yellow to red. When its read, don't use your magic on him, or you will get hurt instead, you have to use whatever sword you brought, whether its an actual sword, or just a lollipop that increases your agility. After this, he gets extremely fat, floats up into a ball, and you just have to hit him while up there. Its pretty easy to avoid his minor attacks though, just these little white balls that fly at you , and they aren't very accurate. After this, your an MLG PRO! YOU beat castle crashers! High five! now just open that chest that fell on his body, and gain your reward.
Just kidding, you open the chest and out comes a raging spider thing. This is probably the hardest part, but his attacks are block-able and dodge-able and all you have to do is your jump magic and then hit him. He turns into that ball again after beating this stage, and now you just beat him again. He falls to the ground, and raises his hand, and an epic dragon like sword appears, and he gets on the ground, and its the final stage of the final boss, and you just beat him up again, regarding you can, considering this is one of the harder stages of him as well.
After that the world collapses, and you watch some cut-scenes. Also, you have to land on that crystal thing, that was stolen and fly it all the way back. Don't worry, it has auto pilot.
Now for the ending credits, which are so epic they are indescribable. Heres a video to them. before i forget, after beating the final boss, you unlock insane mode on that character, which will help unlock even MOAR characters.

Graphics
The graphics are nothing to drool over, but they aren't bad. They look cartoon-ish, which fits well with the game. Aren't much to say, but if you really wanna see them you can check out the video above.

Gameplay
Gameplay is usually a huge button masher, little times you have to take your time, and aim your shot besides boss fights.
You use X/A to jump, square/X to attack, triangle/Y to do a stronger, yet a little slower attack, and O/B To use an item, or a tool like the shovel or bow. Now if you hit R2/LB, you will get a weird glow, where now all your attacks are magic Very Happy . You can use a splash typed magic attack, a single shot magic attack, and a magic jump, which gets you higher off the ground.
In the game, you also get skills, and skill points which you get via level up. You get 2 skill points a level, until you reach level 20, when you get only 1 point. You can use these on Strength ( raises power of melee attacks ) , defense ( Raises health/defense ) Magic, raises how much magic you can hold, how fast it recharges, and how powerful it is, and last but not least, agility, which raises overall speed, power of your bow and how fast you can shoot your bow.
In case your skills aren't that high, you can use weapons/animal orbs to help you out! They're are multiple animal orbs, and multiple effects of them. Some raise certain stats, some attack enemies or help you level up faster equivalent to lucky egg in Pokemon i guess? ). The weapons are totally random, going from a lobster, to an epic dragon sword to a chainsaw, to a piece of raw meat, and even a lollipop. They all have pros and cons, some only pros though. The game also has an online multi player, which doesn't lag as much as you would think, although everyone is going in different directions, and if they don't have a mic things can get extremely frustrating. Their is a map on this game, but theirs not to much to say about it.

Pros: Overall great, long lasting game, keeps player entertained, better then your average button masher, graphics work with the game, loads of unlockables

Cons: multiplayer online gets annoying, insane mode is a little TOO hard, when even all maxed out skills its still hard, and insane ( Razz ) alone.

Overall- Honestly, i think this game would be loved by anyone, from the ages of about 9-15. Older crouds might find this game dull, and might just wann go and shoot people in the face in COD or somthing.I think anyone should get this game, and its available on ps3 and xbox360.
Overall rating- 9/10

Last edited by syduck98 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Hydrocannon2727

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:49 am

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark
Syduck.... this, this is win.

syduck98

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:57 am

syduck98
Ezlo
Ezlo
thank you Smile

Hydrocannon2727

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:14 am

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark
Castle Crashers is smecksy stuff.

roshipower

Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:40 am

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
castle crashers ftw

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
syduck98

Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 am

syduck98
Ezlo
Ezlo
Im trying to beat it o insane mode now 0_o

Crankeh

Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:11 am

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
Hydrocannon2727 wrote:Castle Crashers is smecksy stuff.
Mmmhm. Kissing Princesses, fighting epic bosses, and those weapons.

dooba

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:15 pm

Bulbmin
Bulbmin
have u ever heard of paragraphs ? Razz Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum