The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

zmanrwks

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:58 pm

zmanrwks
Credit to IGN

Now with Ocarina of Time 3D out, there's nothing to say about it. So we waited for Skyward Sword news. And we got some!

- The entire game is complete, according to Eiji Aonuma. "The whole game is complete, and we're fine-tuning the balance right now." As well as this, the team is aiming for a simultaneous worldwide release, for the sake of the story being spoiled.

- Ganon will NOT be present within the game. This is because of how early in the timeline (inb4 speculation) before Ganon has risen to power. Also, the Master Sword is what made Ganon show up in the first place, and since this details the creation of it, he has no reason to appear.

- Zelda isn't a princess in this game. And I think what Aonuma said would do better explaining than what I could do...

"She's not a princess this time, which is something I'll pretty much have to put forth right now in order to talk about this title," he said. "She's a childhood friend, but she goes away in the midst of the game and it's Link's job to search for her... This game's plot is something like a school drama, you could say. The flying sequence at the E3 demo is Link competing against his classmates. One of them looks kind of a like a bad guy, as you saw, and he shows up in other ways in the game too, since he has a major thing for Zelda."

Basically, Link and Zelda are schoolmates. And they are in school. Interesting new take, indeed.

- Skyward Sword shares something similar to Clock Town of Majora's Mask.

"The game starts in Skyloft, this city that's floating in the air, and you'll come back to this town multiple times. Things are always proceeding along in town, and in that respect it's very much like Majora's Mask," Aonuma said. "Like with Majora, there are a lot of game events involving the townspeople that get intertwined with the main story. Link, Zelda and their other friends all go to the same boarding school, and you've got teachers and a principal as well. It's a bit of a different setting from previous Zeldas."

There are other places to explore, however, like the area beneath the clouds. Majora's Mask fans who liked Clock Town might enjoy this hub.

- Right from the beginning of the game, you get cool items. No need to wait and get them as you complete the game, you get awesome stuff right away.

- Birds replace horses (this should be kinda obvious, though...). Instead of riding around on horses, you fly atop birds. Link's bird is a special one. It's red. Red is this color by the way.

- Ghiraham is the name of the new villain Link encounters. You fight him at key points in the story, and gradually begins to toughen up on Link and go LOLPWN. At the beginning, he acts collected and aristocratic at the first, but later on becomes more rude towards Link. His character changes throughout the story, which is always a nice feature in a character.

- TAKE THE SWORDPLAY SERIOUSLY. This isn't the game you press one button over and over again or just shake the Wii Remote whatever way you want to kill enemies: you must be STRATEGIC. This will be important in MANY situations.

- There are a couple of Link's 2D roots in the game, like the Dash move of Link to the Past. Hidemaro Fujibayashi, who worked on the Oracles games and Minish Cap was part of Sktward Swords' team.

Skochko

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:08 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Lol Zman, I love your posts. Nice article.

roshipower

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:28 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
cant wait, this game is gonna be friggin amazing

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Pikmintendo

Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:29 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Skyloft's Similarities to clock town sound interesting.
And thank you zman, I did not know what color red was.

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
Linkodude43

Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:21 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
i dont really like the idea of: No Princess, no Horse, no Master Sword, and most importantly, no GANONDORF?????????? Im sure Nintendo will be back to the main plot with Zelda HD, but despite this, I still think it will be a good game, but im going to miss Hyrule and all it's features D: but remeber i still think it's going to be good

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
Logan

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:12 am

Logan
Olimar
Olimar
linkodude43 wrote:i dont really like the idea of: No Princess, no Horse, no Master Sword, and most importantly, no GANONDORF?????????? Im sure Nintendo will be back to the main plot with Zelda HD, but despite this, I still think it will be a good game, but im going to miss Hyrule and all it's features D: but remeber i still think it's going to be good
Beside Epona being in it, Majora's Mask didn't have Zelda (except when you learn the Song Of Time, and that's a memory), Ganondorf, or Master Sword, and wasn't in Hyrule. Link's Awakening had none of that, either, although it was just a dream. This game looks great.

http://www.happykatana.wordpress.com
Linkodude43

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:16 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
i didnt really like Majora's Mask thoguh lol Razz

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
Smash

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:02 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
A different concept sounds interesting. Do you know when it's coming out?

Kaz

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:32 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator
I played pong....

Smash

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
What does that have to do with anything?

Logan

Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Logan
Olimar
Olimar
He doesn't like Zelda.

http://www.happykatana.wordpress.com
Skochko

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:23 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Pong > Zelda. Fact.

zmanrwks

Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:52 am

zmanrwks
Skochko wrote:Pong > Zelda. Fact.
Back in my day, we would play with twigs and leaves for hours...

I was well-known in my neighborhood for having the high score with the game of twigs and leaves.

Pikmintendo

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:29 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
zmanrwks wrote:

I was well-known in my neighborhood for having the high score with the game of twigs and leaves.

Pfffff- That game sucks, I'd much rather play throw the rock.

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
Smash

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:33 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Pikmintendo wrote:
zmanrwks wrote:

Pfffff- That game sucks, I'd much rather play throw the rock.

Me too! *Throws rock. Hits man in the eye. Man screams in pain. Calls ambulance.* Uh yeah, game over.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum