The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should We Create A TND Website?

Does Anyone Think TND: The Website Is A Good Idea?  Vote_lcap43%Does Anyone Think TND: The Website Is A Good Idea?  Vote_rcap 43% [ 3 ]
Does Anyone Think TND: The Website Is A Good Idea?  Vote_lcap57%Does Anyone Think TND: The Website Is A Good Idea?  Vote_rcap 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Logan

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:32 am

Logan
Olimar
Olimar
I promise I'm not going to advertise here. I just want to know if you guys think it's a good idea to make a TND website (not a forum). We could have Nintendo reviews, news, articles, Top Tens, and maybe even user blogs and a Nintendo wiki. And in case no one wants to pay, we can use a free web host like Tripod, Webs, Weebly, etc. It would be a community created fan site dedicated to Nintendo. We would still have this forum and chat, but we could also create a great fan site. And I apologize if it seems like I'm trying to advertise something here. And in case you guys are in favor of it, I still want mod and admin approval before we make it happen. Again, I'm not trying to advertise and it's only hypothetical at this moment.

http://www.happykatana.wordpress.com
zmanrwks

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:51 pm

zmanrwks
Hmmmm... I personally see nothing wrong with the idea, but see what Skoch says.

Logan

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:23 pm

Logan
Olimar
Olimar
Well, I want to know what people think of it first. So far, I'm the only one in favor of it. But yeah, we could all make a great fan site together.

Skochko

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:47 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
I can't say I haven't thought about it, but it is certainly a LOT of work. The money is not a problem, it's like 30$ per year for an amateur site, but I really don't think we should do it now. The forum is not at it's best, at this moment, so we really should focus on getting it active enough to have some sort of foundation before we try and expand it.

So yea, I am not rejecting this idea at all, I just think the forum should be a priority right now. If we get like 20+ members who post regularly (that is, if people from the chatbox showed a little bit more attitude when it comes to posting), I would really consider it.

Logan

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:43 am

Logan
Olimar
Olimar
I fully understand, Skochko. However, if we do eventually do it, we don't have to use a paid host.

Marioking

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:10 am

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
Firstly, the forum isn't big enough. And what does another Nintendo site offer? Unless the coding is done perfect (Which takes even a pro a couple of months) and the site looks amazing, nobody is going to be cohered into using a TND site over any other bigger site.

I actually really want to create a website, and would help of course, but not for something that I know for a fact won't work. The internet is always changing, and those who get there first are those who run the market. Smogon, Bulbapedia and Serebii aren't that fantastic, unfortunately, they're the leading Pokemon sites.

You need to create a new idea, something that has not been done.

Logan

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:23 am

Logan
Olimar
Olimar
Thanks for the feedback and honesty, MK. I could think of something totally different. Perhaps a website dedicated to video game urban legends, like The L Is Real 2401/2041, Pokegods, getting the Triforce in Ocarina Of Time, Polybius, etc. Or what about a website dedicated to the 16-Bit Era? There are already websites for the different consoles, but I've never seen one about the era as a whole. Or perhaps we could do a website about video game history, posting articles about different moments in gaming history. It doesn't have to be a chronological/timeline thing. There are other things I could probably think of.

5gSkyYoshi

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:38 am

5gSkyYoshi
Administrator
Administrator
Imma agree with MK here. First come, first serve is how it goes here. I do like the idea, but it'd be outclassed by other, bigger sites.

Skochko

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:32 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
But if we had a fairly good number of dedicated members, who would actually visit it every day and spread the word around, we would. That's my point. I'd like to see something like that in the future, but just not at the moment.

Hydrocannon2727

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:55 pm

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark
I probably could get some members. It wouldn't be a sure thing, but I belong to a quite large site that is an affiliate with BG.

Skochko

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:38 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
That would be good. I am encouraging members to spread the word about us when they have time.

Crankeh

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:42 am

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
You should probably wait till this forum is ranking high on Gaming category on Forumotion before making a real site.

Skochko

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:43 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Sergeant Crackers wrote:You should probably wait till this forum is ranking high on Gaming category on Forumotion before making a real site.
Trust me, that does nothing to the activity. Monakus Karion was in Top 5 gaming sites on Forumotion and we all know how that ended.

Hydrocannon2727

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:25 pm

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark
Lol, I don't, but I assume it ended in a crash.

Crankeh

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:07 am

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
You don't wanna know Hydro.

Hydrocannon2727

Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:16 am

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark
Yeah, I won't ask.....

Marioking

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:22 am

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
The problem is, nobody will take a forumotion forum seriously. Even if you had a Vbulletin forum, there are so many on the web, that it'd be outshone anyway. They best form of advertisement is someone like Deathfox, who can bring 'Fans'.

Skochko

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:00 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Nobody will take it seriously if it's a professional forum. However, this is a fan forum, with nothing pro about it. We need to bring Nintendo fans around. We are not building an empire, we just want to grow as a hangout place.

CartoonLink

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:57 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I like it, Mama (aka Mama) and TBY (aka pro) created the greatest site in the world. Home to the Legendary Sparkeh, Zman, CartoonLink, Mama, Pikguy, Gman, Roshi, Hydro, Syduck, SuperYoshi, Tails, and Consome (aka Ken aka hotstuff).

syduck98

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:52 pm

syduck98
Ezlo
Ezlo
hmmm.. If we should start with like, a free version of a website and see how it goes, that would be the best idea.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum