The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Logan

Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:52 am

Logan
Olimar
Olimar
I was inspired by a YT Group known as New Video Game Ideas Group and I was thinking, why not start a forum similar to this? Come on, The Video Game Ideas Forum would be awesome. Sure, I could start a topic like that in The Other Games Forum, but wouldn't a forum dedicated to making ideas for games be awesome?

http://www.happykatana.wordpress.com
Pikmintendo

Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:54 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
sounds good to me. i know users have had ideas like that before, like when zman was writing a story for SSb4.

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
MMM10

Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:19 am

MMM10
Balrog
Balrog
sounds really kool i think u should talk to TBY bout this

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMoneyMan10?feature=mhee
TheBlueYoshi

Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:39 am

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
Logan wrote:I was inspired by a YT Group known as New Video Game Ideas Group and I was thinking, why not start a forum similar to this? Come on, The Video Game Ideas Forum would be awesome. Sure, I could start a topic like that in The Other Games Forum, but wouldn't a forum dedicated to making ideas for games be awesome?

Not really, as I see it, it's just an excuse to make your own forum and to be an admin on it (look @ Dragonfire and TDS, both made a forum for the adminship and both failed) and you rarely come on this forum, you probably just did this to attract more people into the new forum. Honestly, I can open a forum topic here under Misc and there could be an entire FORUM topic to it, but I can see that won't be a choice anytime soon. Go ahead and make the forum, don't come here to advertise or copy the forum content. Also, I will not partake in the forum either, since I'm already busy as it is on this forum. As for RYX, I will talk, but I will not make another forum and since this "new" forum isn't really focused on one point, it'll be even harder to keep the categories in relation to each other. If you start putting Nintendo stuff like talk about "Sonic, Brawl" etc, then you would soon have to input "Halo Reach, Mass Effect" then "Little Big Planet" because the New Video Game ideas encompasses all major systems into one, and so if you apply one of major systems, the rest would have to be applied as well to keep everyone happy, it's too spread out. Yes, Nintendo is a spread category but it's not as big as "DS, XBOX, PSP, PS3, WII, 3DS, KINECT INCLUDING New Video Game Ideas" it would be too much of a hassle to handle.

Kuro

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:38 pm

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
TheBlueYoshi wrote:Not really, as I see it, it's just an excuse to make your own forum and to be an admin on it (look @ Dragonfire and TDS, both made a forum for the adminship and both failed) and you rarely come on this forum, you probably just did this to attract more people into the new forum. Honestly, I can open a forum topic here under Misc and there could be an entire FORUM topic to it, but I can see that won't be a choice anytime soon. Go ahead and make the forum, don't come here to advertise or copy the forum content. Also, I will not partake in the forum either, since I'm already busy as it is on this forum. As for RYX, I will talk, but I will not make another forum and since this "new" forum isn't really focused on one point, it'll be even harder to keep the categories in relation to each other. If you start putting Nintendo stuff like talk about "Sonic, Brawl" etc, then you would soon have to input "Halo Reach, Mass Effect" then "Little Big Planet" because the New Video Game ideas encompasses all major systems into one, and so if you apply one of major systems, the rest would have to be applied as well to keep everyone happy, it's too spread out. Yes, Nintendo is a spread category but it's not as big as "DS, XBOX, PSP, PS3, WII, 3DS, KINECT INCLUDING New Video Game Ideas" it would be too much of a hassle to handle.

I think he meant forum as in a forum on this forum. "Pokemon News!" is a forum. Then maybe have sub-forums inside of it. I don't think he wants you to make a new Forumotion site. Kay.

Kay.
Kay.
Kay.

I dislike the idea myself. But Kay.

TheBlueYoshi

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:38 pm

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
Logan wrote:Sure, I could start a topic like that in The Other Games Forum, but wouldn't a forum dedicated to making ideas for games be awesome?

No I'm pretty sure he means forum, he could easily put it in The Other Games Forum, but he decides not to.

Logan

Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:10 pm

Logan
Olimar
Olimar
TheBlueYoshi wrote:
Logan wrote:I was inspired by a YT Group known as New Video Game Ideas Group and I was thinking, why not start a forum similar to this? Come on, The Video Game Ideas Forum would be awesome. Sure, I could start a topic like that in The Other Games Forum, but wouldn't a forum dedicated to making ideas for games be awesome?

Not really, as I see it, it's just an excuse to make your own forum and to be an admin on it (look @ Dragonfire and TDS, both made a forum for the adminship and both failed) and you rarely come on this forum, you probably just did this to attract more people into the new forum. Honestly, I can open a forum topic here under Misc and there could be an entire FORUM topic to it, but I can see that won't be a choice anytime soon. Go ahead and make the forum, don't come here to advertise or copy the forum content. Also, I will not partake in the forum either, since I'm already busy as it is on this forum. As for RYX, I will talk, but I will not make another forum and since this "new" forum isn't really focused on one point, it'll be even harder to keep the categories in relation to each other. If you start putting Nintendo stuff like talk about "Sonic, Brawl" etc, then you would soon have to input "Halo Reach, Mass Effect" then "Little Big Planet" because the New Video Game ideas encompasses all major systems into one, and so if you apply one of major systems, the rest would have to be applied as well to keep everyone happy, it's too spread out. Yes, Nintendo is a spread category but it's not as big as "DS, XBOX, PSP, PS3, WII, 3DS, KINECT INCLUDING New Video Game Ideas" it would be too much of a hassle to handle.
No, I meant you could make a sub-forum on YOUR forum. I wasn't trying to advertise anything, because I'm not creating a Forumotion site.

http://www.happykatana.wordpress.com
Linkodude43

Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:06 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Logan wrote:
TheBlueYoshi wrote:

No, I meant you could make a sub-forum on YOUR forum. I wasn't trying to advertise anything, because I'm not creating a Forumotion site.

i think it isnt exactly a good idea, mostly because you really only need atopic, i mean, cmon, a whole section of this forum for "Video Game Ideas," just is kind of dumb, maybe a section for this forum called "ideas," is a little better, but it is still pretty dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
Skochko

Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:24 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Me too. Dedicating a whole forum on something so little is not good. It is not a benefit to the forum and it serves no purpose. If you really want it, we can (or you can) open a topic about it, but that's it.
Imagine we open a whole main page category where you can post about your ideas... That would be rather dumb, in my opinion...

roshipower

Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:33 am

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
what skoch said, make a topic,ideas forum isnt worth having,but it can make a good topic for discussion

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Kaz

Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:15 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator
I don't think a forum will work out

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum