The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TheBlueYoshi

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:10 pm

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
So, I honestly don't know who could be a potential uber, I just need some ideas as where people might go with this.

Skochko

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:57 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
5th generation is not nearly as analyzed enough to decide this yet. Better wait a little bit more. There are some obvious choices though, like a lot of Pokemon that are on the end of the pokedex.

TheBlueYoshi

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:57 pm

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
Skochko wrote:5th generation is not nearly as analyzed enough to decide this yet. Better wait a little bit more. There are some obvious choices though, like a lot of Pokemon that are on the end of the pokedex.

Well I'm worried as whether or not which pokemon could be put into my team without me getting raped severly. Could you post the obvious ones?

zmanrwks

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:22 pm

zmanrwks
Obvious Uber is Kyurem, the ice dragon. It's BST is 660, with no hindering abilities. 130 in each attack stat, 125 HP, 95 speed, and 90 in both defences.

Skochko

Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:15 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
I am not sure what will the Uber standards be in a few months, but i can name you some very strong pokemon which you can avoid using.

* Green star marks Pokemon that are not likely to be Uber, but with real potential to be top tier OUs.

* Blue star marks Pokemon that are somewhere in between Uber and OU. They may be too strong for the lower metagame, but don't quite have enough tools to compete with the Ubers.

* Red star marks Pokemon that are very likely to be Uber.

Choose your Uber Pokemon! (5th gen included) 638
* Cobalon (Steel/Fighting) - Much bulkier and faster, but a little weaker, version of Lucario, with access to Swords Dance and good moves. Amazing ability that makes it get +1 Attack every time it gets hit by a Dark move (It resists Dark by 4x) which makes it a great switch in, with it's great bulk and speed.

Choose your Uber Pokemon! (5th gen included) 639
* Terrakion (Rock/Fighting) - Destructive offensive typing, since Fighting and Rock are probably the best in the game when it comes to offense. Paired with very high Attack and above-100 speed, this will be a great physical sweeper. Same ability as above, but it "only" resists Dark by 2x.

Choose your Uber Pokemon! (5th gen included) 640
* Virizion (Grass/Fighting) - Probably the worst of the four legendaries, since it is focused on being a special tank. But Grass typing is not that good. Still it has a number of good resistances and good speed, so it can boost it's offensive stats and potentially sweep.

Choose your Uber Pokemon! (5th gen included) Spr_5b_647
* Keldeo (Water/Fighting) - Not so straightforward as the previous three. It has good stats for a special sweeper, but lacks good movepool (besides amazing STAB) and Nasty Plot (it does have Calm Mind). However, with Swords Dance, it can use it's decent physical movepool and be something like a bulkier version of Infernape, a wall breaker. I am not really sure.

Choose your Uber Pokemon! (5th gen included) 635
* Sazandora (Dark/Dragon) - One of the rare special Dark types in the game. Great attack, great movepool, but less-than-great Speed. However, since it has two immunities (Psychic and Ground because of Levitate), and with the boost of Choice Scarf, it can be a great revenge killer, similar to Flygon.

Choose your Uber Pokemon! (5th gen included) 641
* Tornelos (Flying) - Amazing offensive stats and a fail typing and movepool are what describe the first original monoFlying Pokemon (not counting Kecleon and Arceus). It has an ability that gives +1 priority to non damaging moves, but it lacks Roost. It has priority Rain Dance to boost it's Windstorm, priority Taunt and Substitute, but i can't see how is that so amazing. It also lacks Surf, so Rain Dance is not even an option. Very poor movepool will most likely push this Poke down to OU.

Choose your Uber Pokemon! (5th gen included) 642
* Voltolos (Electric/Flying) - Maybe the monoflying legendary is lame, but the ones with the secondary typing really shine. Voltolos has the same stats like Tornelos (most notably 115 Atk, 125 SpA and 111 speed), but it is backed up by decent STAB options and Nasty Plot. SubPlot may be great now, because of it's ability. I think this Poke got just about enough to get itself banned in the normal metageme.

Choose your Uber Pokemon! (5th gen included) 645
* Landlos (Ground/Flying) - Physical counterpart of Voltlos. It's Attack and SpA stats are reversed and it lacks Teasing Heart ability, which is replaced with Sand Power (which is much better). Swords Dance and QuakeEdge under Sandstorm are probably enough to secure this Poke a place in the Ubers.

Choose your Uber Pokemon! (5th gen included) 637
* Ulgamoth (Bug/Fire) - Tied as the Fire type with the highest Special Attack with Heatran, but with tricks. This bug has base 100 speed and base 105 SpD, which are backed up by the move Butterfly Dance (+1 SpA, +1 Spe, +1 SpD). Great STAB offensive moves make sure it is going to be a very powerful pokemon after just one Butterfly Dance. Stealth Rock is a real downside, but it is not as popular in Uber as it is in OU. With the right support, this Pokemon will be very hard to beat.

Choose your Uber Pokemon! (5th gen included) 649
* Genesect (Bug/Steel) - 120 Atk and SpA and 99 Speed, stat wise it isn't enough. But Genesect has Download which raises it's Attack or SpA on switch and also Rock Polish, to double it's failish Speed. It's physical movepool is pathetic, but it's special movepool is great. BoltBeam + Bug Buzz is enough to mention. So if you switch on a Poke with higher Def than SpD (or the same), you got yourself a fantastic special sweeper.

Choose your Uber Pokemon! (5th gen included) 648 Choose your Uber Pokemon! (5th gen included) 648S
* Meloetta (Normal/Psychic) (Fighting/Psychic) - Fantastic offensive stats in both forms gives this Pokemon almost unmatched diversity. Being able to change forms during the battle, it is almost impossible to completely wall this Pokemon. It is also not frail, to be taken down by Lugia. Whether you choose a physical, special, mix or defensive set, you are not going to fail.

Choose your Uber Pokemon! (5th gen included) 494
* Victini (Psychic/Fire) - Another legendary all arounder (6x100 Base stats), this time with incredible instant power. V-Generate is a 180+STAB base power move that only Victini learns. Just an example. give this crazy-looking fairy a Scarf, and watch it destroy everything that does not resist Fire. Like every other all arounder legendary (except Manaphy, who is a little limited), it has a great movepool and we can expect it to get even more power in the future (much like Celebi got Nasty Plot). In my opinion, this thing should be Uber, but we will see.

Choose your Uber Pokemon! (5th gen included) 646 Choose your Uber Pokemon! (5th gen included) 644 Choose your Uber Pokemon! (5th gen included) Spr_5b_643
* Kyurem (Dragon/Ice), Zekrom (Dragon/Electric) and Reshiram (Dragon/Fire) - I won't even bother analyzing.

I hope i helped you a little bit.

Last edited by Skochko on Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Kaz

Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:04 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator
Wow, that must of taken u a shit long of time to make...I don't even know know which name goes with which pkmn Razz

Skochko

Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:05 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
I added pictures to help you "identify" the pokemon and to make it better looking. I also added Victini, since i forgot to put it. It was a pain in the ass job to do, but it payed off i think. TBY, thank me later.

DialaceStarvy

Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:20 am

DialaceStarvy
Yoshi Egg
Yoshi Egg
Kyurem will likely not be Uber. It has amazing stats, hindered by fairly bad typing and pretty terrible movepool.

TheBlueYoshi

Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:24 pm

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
Alright thanks guys and Skoch (skoch more Razz). I already know the legendary have a high to 100% chance of being an uber. I was wondering along the lines of pokemon like Onokusu and stuff like that.
Choose your Uber Pokemon! (5th gen included) 612

zmanrwks

Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:45 pm

zmanrwks
Am I the only person who thinks Blaziken has a possibility of being Uber? Or at least OU? Friggin speed boost is like WTFPWND.

Skochko

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:05 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Ononokus will not be Uber. Read my mini analysis on Simpile. As for Blaziken, certainly not. OU for sure.
We don't know if we are going to have a Dream Clause that bans all Dream World abilities, and i hope we do.

zmanrwks

Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:33 am

zmanrwks
Skochko wrote:Ononokus will not be Uber. Read my mini analysis on Simpile. As for Blaziken, certainly not. OU for sure.
We don't know if we are going to have a Dream Clause that bans all Dream World abilities, and i hope we do.
I realized after I posted Blaziken wouldn't make uber. OU for sure. I wonder if they'll make seperate tiers for DW ability pokemon.

TheBlueYoshi

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:33 pm

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
zmanrwks wrote:
Skochko wrote:Ononokus will not be Uber. Read my mini analysis on Simpile. As for Blaziken, certainly not. OU for sure.
I realized after I posted Blaziken wouldn't make uber. OU for sure. I wonder if they'll make seperate tiers for DW ability pokemon.

At best they will have a Dream Clause like Skoch posted. A separate tier would require so much work. Skoch, could you possibly link me to Simpile's analysis?

Skochko

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Ugh, fine, lazyass. http://www.simpilepokemon.com/showthread.php?tid=132&highlight=comparison
Note that it was written 2 months ago, so i didn't have all the info needed, but it serves it's purpose.

TheBlueYoshi

Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:56 pm

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
Skochko wrote:Ugh, fine, lazyass. http://www.simpilepokemon.com/showthread.php?tid=132&highlight=comparison
Note that it was written 2 months ago, so i didn't have all the info needed, but it serves it's purpose.

Wow, I like the comparison. Pretty good Skoch Razz

Skochko

Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:11 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Question my limited Pokemon knowledge again please, will you?

You know what? Now that i think about the Pokemon i wrote about, seriously, not every Uber candidate i mentioned really has to be one. Look at Azelf. Nearly flawless offensive stats (125/125/115), with Nasty Plot and an amazing special movepool. But it is not even used all that much as a special sweeper. Hmm, we will see. We mustn't forget Pokemon that have gained big or minor boosts that will help them compete in the top tier as well.

Dream World also has to be taken into account. If we do not want to make a Dream Clause, then we should definitely have a Weather clause, that bans DW Politoed and Ninetales. Minimum Speed Politoed will always be slower than Ninetales, plus rain abusers, like Kabutops, who perform extraordinarily in Ubers (with Kyogre's permanent rain) will gain too much power.

Sandstorm teams gained a big boost that wasn't needed. Sand Power (Powers up Ground, Rock and Steel moves by 1.3x) and Sand Paddle (Doubles speed during sandstorm) abilities, with ever used Tyranitar and Hippowedon, will also dominate.

Sandstorm might dominate over Rain and Sun, because of the Species clause. I see weather teams being more popular than ever...

P.S. Don't tl;dr me Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum