The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Kuro

Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:09 pm

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
New banner, navbar, chat page, and home page. Maybe even an "enter" page or something.

I could help as far as the home and chat pages go. They would be made completely from scratch. It could be kind of like this site.

I also think a switch to xat wouldn't kill anyone... it has everything chatano has and more. PC is better than PM, since you don't have to open a new window. It's smileys rape chatango's. It's just way more fun too. A lot more features.

The enter page would say "The Nintendo Domain Enter" or something to that effect. Kind of like the one at Aurora Gate.

Navbar need search and FAQ removed and Home and chat added, assuming this is done...

I think cleaning the forum and adding new forum smileys would be nice too... just delete all of the stupid topics and smileys are easy to add.

New.... stuff Chew

Kaz

Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:51 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator
let me guess u want a xat just because u have more power hmmmmmmmmmm?

Kuro

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:42 am

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
Mr. GayManWatch wrote:let me guess u want a xat just because u have more power hmmmmmmmmmm?

Yes, that is EXACTLY why. My Chatango BG expired and I thought, "hmm, should I buy a new one every month or just have them switch to xat so I can show off." The latter was obviously a better option. It's not like xats rapes Chatango in every category or anything. Gawmeh and DF have powers too, btw.

Thank you for your helpful response, it was very mod-like. I suppose I just suggested everything else for personal gain, rather than to help the site.

zmanrwks

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:14 am

zmanrwks
Xat is overrated, i prefer chatango tbh. Making the forum chat switch to xat is only for your personal gain, anyways. Also, these are ideas are ok, but, imo, shouldnt be used here, and maybe you could make another site if you want... this is imo...

MMM10

Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:13 am

MMM10
Balrog
Balrog
chatango is much betta then Xat...

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMoneyMan10?feature=mhee
TheBlueYoshi

Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:49 am

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
I should be making a new banner, we're staying with chatango. Otherwise, we'll need skoch for the deeper stuff, maybe even 105 if we want to get a new theme. Adding a "enter" page would be lame as well, I don't really like the concept of "ENTER A FORUM" idea. What else...Home and Chat you'll have to customize to make it look like the forums. As for forum emoticons, I'm currently looking for better ones.

roshipower

Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:52 am

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
i guess a banner update is all we really need,although i kinda like the current banner...

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Kuro

Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:45 pm

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
Well, while I am somewhat of a forumotion noob... I can do most things, or tell you how to do those things as well as write the coding. A homepage would be really nice, since you can put announcements, news, etc I can't help as far as banners or forum icons go, though. Also, Xat doesn't benefit me in any way other than that I prefer it to Chatango. I'll list some reason's why and pros and cons:

Xat - Auto-refresh, Games, Webcam, Doodle, Youtube/picture viewer, Grid (shows pics for all users on the chat), Translator, it supports instant messengers which is insanely awesome, smileys rape (power and otherwise), it's VERY customizable, you can ignore users, you can set ban time, better support and no horrible glitches, a lot of commands for users, you can put a radio station on the chat!!!!!, rather than having two tabs open... the friends tab (which includes xat AND IM friends) is on the chat PC's will also be on the chat, it also has a PM feature, you can specify a homepage, rules can be displayed on the chat

More important features:

Theres a thing called a macro on xat, where you can make the chat remember something. Example: $r=FUCK YOU Now, every time you type "$r" it will say FUCK YOU on the chat. You can change it to say anything and this will work with anything. $help=xat.com/help

There is also a feature that allows you to make the status that scrolls across the bottom correspond with something, or you can set it manually. You could set it to display the song name and artist of a song that playing for a radio station, forum updates, twitter, facebook, etc

It supports xhtml and CSS

Cons:

It signs you out sometimes if you're away for a long time (usually over 1 hour)

Chatango:

Pros: You can see a user's profile by hovering over their picture..., it shows their connection status(?), a lot of font options

Cons:

Horrible smileys, lack of features, poor user interface

Just saying... xat kind of rapes Chatango in every way. It's amazing, not overrated, if anything all it's features are overlooked. They are really good and not laggy.

TheBlueYoshi

Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:49 pm

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
Yeah, not getting XAT. Kind of unprofessional. I'm not here to host a "POWERS TOURNAMENT" with "Fuck you" emotions, I'm here to host a forum.

Kuro

Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:57 pm

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
While there is a Fuck you smiley, it's not so much a powers tournament... There are group powers, but powers aren't really that important. It's kind of like Chatango BG's, except powers are more fun.

I'm not really too concerned about switching chats, though, I'm just saying Xat is better for the reasons listed above.

I think the other suggestions are more important and take priority.

TheBlueYoshi

Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:00 pm

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
I see. Well I'll discuss this with 105/Skochko if they can help me assemble a homepage. I don't honestly see the point, a poll could be added to aid you.

5gSkyYoshi

Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:33 pm

5gSkyYoshi
Administrator
Administrator
The only thing I see we need so far is a new banner. Other than that, everything else seems fine for now...

TheBlueYoshi

Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:21 pm

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
5gSkyYoshi wrote:The only thing I see we need so far is a new banner. Other than that, everything else seems fine for now...
Basically sums up everybody else's opinion.

5gSkyYoshi

Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:48 pm

5gSkyYoshi
Administrator
Administrator
Pretty much, but other people will have new ideas...

Crankeh

Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:24 am

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
TheBlueYoshi wrote:
5gSkyYoshi wrote:The only thing I see we need so far is a new banner. Other than that, everything else seems fine for now...
Basically sums up everybody else's opinion.
Yes, I agree. I only thing we would need changed which is the banner which is changed now and looks awesome. I iz sad there is no Mario on the banner though Sad

Marioking

Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:54 am

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
No more of this black shit. It's depressing. Can we get a nice, clean white environment going?

I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE TEMPLATE YO RACIST ASSHOLE!

MarioandLuigiRule

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:48 am

MarioandLuigiRule
Kid Roy
Kid Roy
Deathfox wrote:Well, while I am somewhat of a forumotion noob... I can do most things, or tell you how to do those things as well as write the coding. A homepage would be really nice, since you can put announcements, news, etc I can't help as far as banners or forum icons go, though. Also, Xat doesn't benefit me in any way other than that I prefer it to Chatango. I'll list some reason's why and pros and cons:

Xat - Auto-refresh, Games, Webcam, Doodle, Youtube/picture viewer, Grid (shows pics for all users on the chat), Translator, it supports instant messengers which is insanely awesome, smileys rape (power and otherwise), it's VERY customizable, you can ignore users, you can set ban time, better support and no horrible glitches, a lot of commands for users, you can put a radio station on the chat!!!!!, rather than having two tabs open... the friends tab (which includes xat AND IM friends) is on the chat PC's will also be on the chat, it also has a PM feature, you can specify a homepage, rules can be displayed on the chat

More important features:

Theres a thing called a macro on xat, where you can make the chat remember something. Example: $r=FUCK YOU Now, every time you type "$r" it will say FUCK YOU on the chat. You can change it to say anything and this will work with anything. $help=xat.com/help

There is also a feature that allows you to make the status that scrolls across the bottom correspond with something, or you can set it manually. You could set it to display the song name and artist of a song that playing for a radio station, forum updates, twitter, facebook, etc

It supports xhtml and CSS

Cons:

It signs you out sometimes if you're away for a long time (usually over 1 hour)

Chatango:

Pros: You can see a user's profile by hovering over their picture..., it shows their connection status(?), a lot of font options

Cons:

Horrible smileys, lack of features, poor user interface

Just saying... xat kind of rapes Chatango in every way. It's amazing, not overrated, if anything all it's features are overlooked. They are really good and not laggy.

I thought you died in a hole or something. you like xat, like others said, because you have more power. chatango has never lagged for me. + i know how awesome it is to have a little shortcut for saying FUCK YOU but I can say that just fine by typing it. Its only 7 letters and a space, deal with it, lazy ass. and that would just result in spam, which, is a horrible thing in xat. go back to your hole so i can get more postcount than you. besides, where tf you been?

oh and on the main topic, the only new thing needed was a new banner and it is there now and I am in it and you are not so AAHAHAHAH $r

Last edited by MarioandLuigiRule on Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cause i can)

TheBlueYoshi

Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:54 am

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
MarioandLuigiRule wrote:I thought you died in a hole or something. you like xat, like others said, because you have more power. chatango has never lagged for me. + i know how awesome it is to have a little shortcut for saying FUCK YOU but I can say that just fine by typing it. Its only 7 letters and a space, deal with it, lazy ass. and that would just result in spam, which, is a horrible thing in xat. go back to your hole so i can get more postcount than you. besides, where tf you been?

oh and on the main topic, the only new thing needed was a new banner and it is there now and I am in it and you are not so AAHAHAHAH $r

Basically sums up the entire argument, excluding the rude unnecessary comments.

MarioandLuigiRule

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:27 am

MarioandLuigiRule
Kid Roy
Kid Roy
TheBlueYoshi wrote:
MarioandLuigiRule wrote:I thought you died in a hole or something. you like xat, like others said, because you have more power. chatango has never lagged for me. + i know how awesome it is to have a little shortcut for saying FUCK YOU but I can say that just fine by typing it. Its only 7 letters and a space, deal with it, lazy ass. and that would just result in spam, which, is a horrible thing in xat. go back to your hole so i can get more postcount than you. besides, where tf you been?

i like rude unnecessary comments, and you do too. DONT DENY.

zmanrwks

Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:24 pm

zmanrwks
MarioandLuigiRule wrote:
TheBlueYoshi wrote:

i LOVE rude unnecessary comments, and you do too. DONT DENY.
Fixed. And rude unessary comments are, suprisingly, not the best in every situation.

MarioandLuigiRule

Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:38 am

MarioandLuigiRule
Kid Roy
Kid Roy
zmanrwks wrote:
MarioandLuigiRule wrote:
TheBlueYoshi wrote:

i LOVE rude unnecessary comments, and you do too. DONT DENY.
Fixed. And rude unessary comments are, suprisingly, not the best in every situation.

yeah but when dfox is in the situation its fine.

Kuro

Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
MarioandLuigiRule wrote:I thought you died in a hole or something. you like xat, like others said, because you have more power.

Xat is just flat out better. I can get the equivalent of Powers on Chatango anyway. My Xat name is "Velma" and my avatar is one of the default ones, the powers I have are barely used.

MarioandLuigiRule wrote:chatango has never lagged for me. + i know how awesome it is to have a little shortcut for saying FUCK YOU but I can say that just fine by typing it. Its only 7 letters and a space, deal with it, lazy ass. and that would just result in spam, which, is a horrible thing in xat.

Chatango and Xat are both very good when it comes to lag. I believe Xat has a slight advantage over Chatango in this department, because it usually won't stall out and then post a lot of messages in quick succession like Chatango sometimes will if you're on a chat with a lot of people. "FUCK YOU" was just an example. You could set it to anything, which obviously has uses. I believe you can set it to up to 300 characters or something.

MarioandLuigiRule wrote:go back to your hole so i can get more postcount than you. besides, where tf you been?

Who're you? I've never seen you here before. Ever.

MarioandLuigiRule wrote:oh and on the main topic, the only new thing needed was a new banner and it is there now and I am in it and you are not so AAHAHAHAH $r

Okay.

I don't really get the excessive amounts of flaming in this thread. As little as I get on here, I have no reason to make suggestions for personal gain, but rather for experimentation and beneficial changes for the forum as a whole.

While it may not be necessary, a homepage would make this place a lot better.

Xat is quickly overtaking Chatango many places and for good reason. I suggested it because it has everything Chatango has and much more.

The new banner was obviously needed and looks good.

The forum smileys are still the default ones and they're horrible in my opinion.

Nothing is NEEDED, but it would make the forum better.

This thread wasn't meant to cause controversy, it was an attempt to get opinions on suggestions and better the forum. Rather than giving honest opinions, people just make false accusations and flame...

If you don't like Xat, that's fine... It's a chat. Is it really that big of a deal? It was just a minor suggestion. The banner and homepage were the ones I'd like to see implemented the most, but they see little discussion...

zmanrwks

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:27 am

zmanrwks
Deathfox wrote:
NESSNESSNESSNESS wrote:I thought you died in a hole or something. you like xat, like others said, because you have more power.

Xat is just flat out better. I can get the equivalent of Powers on Chatango anyway. My Xat name is "Velma" and my avatar is one of the default ones, the powers I have are barely used.

NESSNESSNESSNESS wrote:chatango has never lagged for me. + i know how awesome it is to have a little shortcut for saying FUCK YOU but I can say that just fine by typing it. Its only 7 letters and a space, deal with it, lazy ass. and that would just result in spam, which, is a horrible thing in xat.

Chatango and Xat are both very good when it comes to lag. I believe Xat has a slight advantage over Chatango in this department, because it usually won't stall out and then post a lot of messages in quick succession like Chatango sometimes will if you're on a chat with a lot of people. "FUCK YOU" was just an example. You could set it to anything, which obviously has uses. I believe you can set it to up to 300 characters or something.

NESSNESSNESSNESS wrote:go back to your hole so i can get more postcount than you. besides, where tf you been?

Who're you? I've never seen you here before. Ever.

NESSNESSNESSNESS wrote:oh and on the main topic, the only new thing needed was a new banner and it is there now and I am in it and you are not so AAHAHAHAH $r

Okay.

I don't really get the excessive amounts of flaming in this thread. As little as I get on here, I have no reason to make suggestions for personal gain, but rather for experimentation and beneficial changes for the forum as a whole.

While it may not be necessary, a homepage would make this place a lot better.

Xat is quickly overtaking Chatango many places and for good reason. I suggested it because it has everything Chatango has and much more.

The new banner was obviously needed and looks good.

The forum smileys are still the default ones and they're horrible in my opinion.

Nothing is NEEDED, but it would make the forum better.

This thread wasn't meant to cause controversy, it was an attempt to get opinions on suggestions and better the forum. Rather than giving honest opinions, people just make false accusations and flame...

If you don't like Xat, that's fine... It's a chat. Is it really that big of a deal? It was just a minor suggestion. The banner and homepage were the ones I'd like to see implemented the most, but they see little discussion...

Couple of things I wanna ask/say. First, why would you pay for extra things on Xat OR Chatango? They both seem quite pointless. Even if you wanna buy one thing, it's still pointless.
Second: I've had not had noticed lag on chatango nor xat, since my computer always lags.
Third: that thing to use whenever you want to type something of #00 words or less wouldn't seem that useful. Most things repeatable are short and/or you won't use often.
Fourth: I'm confused on how you plan on making a homepage. What is your exact idea?

And before I'm accused of flaming, I am trying to see both sides of the argument here. I do know you are trying to benefit the forum, but the decision is ultimately TBY's/other admins.

MarioandLuigiRule

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:27 am

MarioandLuigiRule
Kid Roy
Kid Roy
wasting time is fun

Crankeh

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:16 am

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
NESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS wrote:wasting time is fun
No it isnt. Wasting time is sometimes as boring as shit.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum