The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Kuro

Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:06 am

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
zmanrwks wrote:First, why would you pay for extra things on Xat OR Chatango? They both seem quite pointless. Even if you wanna buy one thing, it's still pointless.

While Chatango may be pointless, some Xat powers have uses other than just to make your name prettier or get smileys. If buying a Chatango BG is pointless, then so is buying a painting or Christmas decorations. If powers are pointless, then buying anything other than necessities is too. Powers aren't necessary, but they DO serve purposes. Same applies for computers, televisions, etc This wasn't intended to be about powers anyway, I don't know why it's continually brought up.

zmanrwks wrote:Second: I've had not had noticed lag on chatango nor xat, since my computer always lags.

Neither usually lag under normal circumstances. If you're on a chat with 800+ people, lag is more likely.

zmanrwks wrote:Third: that thing to use whenever you want to type something of #00 words or less wouldn't seem that useful. Most things repeatable are short and/or you won't use often.

It's very useful for things... Example: A new user comes to the chat and asks for the URL of a thread or something. You have a macro set to TND's rules and rather than wasting time getting the link, you just put $rules and it shows up. It's useful for pictures, Youtube videos, thread links, or anything like that. It doesn't even need to be a link.

zmanrwks wrote:Fourth: I'm confused on how you plan on making a homepage. What is your exact idea?

This forum is using a free host--Forumotion. Hence the ".forumotion.com" at the end of the URL. They only allow certain features and you can't really customize it very much. Sites like Smogon, Msn, Yahoo, etc use a long code called HTML that has other coding languages in it and uploads it using a private host. Forumotion also allows you to add HTML pages to it. There's an option to keep the forum header and footer or to just have a blank page to work with. From there, you can set the background to whatever you want, put a banner, makes lists, tables, etc.

You'd have a page like www.pokerealm.com's homepage or anything, really. You can do whatever you want with it.

The code would be like:

< html>
< head>
< link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="homepage.css">
< /head>
< table>
< tr>
< td>
k
< /td>
< /tr>
< /table>
< /html>

That's HTML^

TheBlueYoshi

Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:39 pm

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
Deathfox wrote:
While Chatango may be pointless, some Xat powers have uses other than just to make your name prettier or get smileys. If buying a Chatango BG is pointless, then so is buying a painting or Christmas decorations. If powers are pointless, then buying anything other than necessities is too. Powers aren't necessary, but they DO serve purposes. Same applies for computers, televisions, etc This wasn't intended to be about powers anyway, I don't know why it's continually brought up.

Not really. You see, powers on XAT has no correlation to necessities such as computers. XAT powers don't really impact your life as much as Television or Computers. They're just powers on a chat. That's about it.

Although XAT powers do serve purposes, they're not massively needed like said above examples. TV isn't massively needed, but it's something that provides news to the general public and to society as a whole, it's to keep us updated on life. XAT powers once again, have no correlation to the said above, comparing them two are impertinent to the situation. XAT powers are not a necessity first of all, everybody can live without XAT powers. It's true people can live without computers and TV, but if you ever need to do a typed essay for college? If you need to know the weather to a place your going? If you need to see if stocks are up or not? Being updated about the war that your family could be in? Computers and TVs are basic necessities for a common household. The only place you wouldn't find a TV and a computer would be Africa, and that's because they can't afford one.

Deathfox wrote:
This forum is using a free host--Forumotion. Hence the ".forumotion.com" at the end of the URL. They only allow certain features and you can't really customize it very much. Sites like Smogon, Msn, Yahoo, etc use a long code called HTML that has other coding languages in it and uploads it using a private host. Forumotion also allows you to add HTML pages to it. There's an option to keep the forum header and footer or to just have a blank page to work with. From there, you can set the background to whatever you want, put a banner, makes lists, tables, etc....

I might make a Homepage, but then again, the first thing on my list is more members. The second being new skin, and the last is maybe a homepage.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum