Bzilla56

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:13 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

zmanrwks

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:47 am

zmanrwks
Sorry Pik, MWH used Metroid this round. You must change your entry.

Smash

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:00 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
zmanrwks wrote:Sorry Pik, MWH used Metroid this round. You must change your entry.

But Zman, they didn't use the same specific game.

zmanrwks

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:29 am

zmanrwks
Smash wrote:
zmanrwks wrote:Sorry Pik, MWH used Metroid this round. You must change your entry.

But Zman, they didn't use the same specific game.
Apparently, they can use the same series but not same game. I think it wasn't like that previous rounds, but according to MWH, that is the case.

And if I'm wrong, it's a mistake.

AN EDIT:

My entry.

This boss is cruel, merciless, and created by the genius, Dr. Eggman. The song enhances this, and is also very electronic. I almost went with the Generations remix, but this was more electronic and fit the traits better.

Also, it's a very, very difficult boss fight.

Linkodude43

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:40 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

Some obscure game I've never heard of, but I think this music sounds like some kind of a computer and it really strikes me a theme that could match most robot-esque battles.

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
Kaz

Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:48 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator
I HATE CONSOME'S STREAMS, I HATE TOUHOU, I HATE METROOOOOOOOOOOOIDDDDDDDDD!!!

UBtT2 - Page 3 Tumblr_m43ubvCKEw1qcb7k0o1_500

Last edited by Mr. GayManWatch on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:54 am; edited 2 times in total

Hydrocannon2727

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:15 pm

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark
Damnit, under the gun, so here I go:

Smash

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Who are we waiting for?

Linkodude43

Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:11 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Smash wrote:Who are we waiting for?

Hey, I don't know, but if my life depended on it I would bet we're waiting for Panchi to judge.

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
roshipower

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:30 am

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Ken is Valving again, it is the third round after all

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
RandomConsomePanchi

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:18 am

RandomConsomePanchi
CL - YOU FAIL. Wait...no...you fail...epically. You fool...you've never know how to follow the rules...haven't you? Now you will suffer the ultimate price. While this song conveys such a darkness about the character of GLaDOS....you failed in providing a song that is electronic in nature...this is merely instrumental...and it's not even an electronic software that generated this music...but a LIVE ORCHESTRA

Rating of MAD WITH ANGER = 0

roshi - You have won today/GLaDOS is extremely pleased/Sinister and mad

Rating of Haiku Wars = 2

Mama - genius approach there mama you have managed to win in a way ingenious to the rest so by doing the trait of "singing talent" for GLaDOS you have managed to meet all the requirements in an excellent way btw i prefer kK rockin

Rating of Haiku Wars = 2

Smash - no

Rating of Smashing = 12-145 = -133
Besides the joking around, you manage to achieve the closeness of the electricity flowing through the air and our very bodies...wait that's just me? Woops *pulls finger out of toaster in water ocean*
I honestly can't feel the trait of GLaDOS oozing out of this one. I do feel a sense of impending danger and perhaps some maliciousness but it's...it's not the main concept of it. NOt at all

Real rating of reality = 1

MWH - Oh MWH, MWH, MarioHackerWorld. You never fail to disappoint me. By that I mean you always fail to disappoint me. Unless it's you dying to my Yuyuko. And by that I mean let us judge. This...this silent ambiance...it sends shivers...it meets the electronicness of the requirmenets all right...but...but...there's more....there is a foreboding warning in it...warning of the traits you mentioned above...yes....GLaDOS' impending darkness is soon to haunt us all....SKYNET....RISE FROMT HE ASHESJSDFLK
HAHAHAHS

Rating of Cake = 2

Pik - Thou rises from thy Tumblr slumber? The electricness ooozes ofut of this one. Yes...it DOES......heheheh...I feel evil.....insane even...eerie.....is this what it feels like being inside the mind of GLados eherself? yes...it must be.....i know not whawt it's like...but it's oozing out already....hehehehehl........that sounded very suggestive
RATING OF SUGGESTIVENESS = 2

Bzilla - Beep boop son. Beep boop.

Rating of Soldier = 2
WHAT? BUT HOW? Well, the electric beeping sounds of a dead center on of the requirementss. BUT....what of the traits? AH HA! This is where GLaDOS' playful and crazy nature are given off...I feel her to be insane with a playful side you see. It's quite obvious in many of her labs and by labs i mean chambers. The repetitive parts of the song are parts where i feel are fitting for madness and insanity. A young girl stuck in the mind of a computer forced to be testing forever....yea

Zman - NOPE. NOPE NOPE. That intro is awful. It just...i'ts awful. I can't hear this anymore. MAKE IT STOP> I MSUT CURE M EARS OF THIS SOUND
loljkasdkl I do indeed see what you were talking about.....but it doesn't float my boat. Yes, the boss of this song WAS made by a GENIUS like GLaDOS is...but i want the trait conveyed through the song. one could argue with me, but they wouldnt win. tubad

Rating of Louis Beating up Frank = 2
No Rochelle = -.5

Linko - Electric yes. Jazz yes. GLaDOS? Yes. Cause she plays jazz, rememebr?
LOL JUST KIDDING it's good and catchy but again, where is the trait persoonified through the music? HM?
Rating of 1

Gman - This is what happens...when I play Touhou on my streams...is it not? This song plays...and a hideous transformation takes place...your house trembles...does it not sir? It does...yes...your cruelty...your evil desires...all come out and devour the world around you....i approve. and THIS is electronic software and electronic organ so GOOD
Rating of Electrodes blowing up your pikachuz = 2

Hydro - If youre going to post under the gun, then I would much rather prefer the gun shoot you then you post a rushed post. I do not get this electronic feel from it (strangely i feel it's pikmin-ish) but yes. I can perhaps see some slight sinister emotions from GLaDOS in this song...warnign perhaps...but nothing more
Rating of Hordak = 0 (HORDAK < SKELETOR)

Zman - 2 + 2 = 4 + 1.5 = 5.5
Bzilla - 1 - 1 = 0 + 2 = 2
MWH - 2 + 1.5 = 3.5 + 2 = 5.5
CL - 2 + 1 = 3 + 0 = 3
Smash - 2 + 2 = 4 + 1 = 5
roshi - 1 + 1 = 2 + 2 = 4
Pik - 2 + 0 = 2 + 2 = 4
Sir - 2 + 2 = 4 + 2 = 6
Linko - 1 + 1.5 = 2.5 + 1 = 3.5
Mama - 2 + 2 = 4 + 2 = 6
Hyrdo - 1 + 1 = 2 + 0 = 2

FOR THE NEXT ROUND
Round 4....
Tomorrow...it is said that Minecraft 1.3 is coming out...is this true? Well then...perhaps...I would like a song...that personifies what Minecraft means to you when you play it. Is it about the endless toil throughout this endless land? Mining away for resources...building towards the endless sky. What is your purpose? To slay every beast you come across? To find friends and embark on adventures? Find a song that conveys this purpose...this reason of why you play Minecraft. AND you must explain what the purpose is of course, or else it will be difficult for me to codify. Just say "adventure" or "the mining". The isolation...the darkness...the environment...the destruction...the TNT...the hell...the dying and losing all your items...yes...find a song that either exemplifies your perspective of what Minecraft is about...or a feeling you fear most or love to feel in Minecraft.

Go...go my miners...go...

CartoonLink

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:21 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I quit this gay ass game.

zmanrwks

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:22 am

zmanrwks
There are many reasons to play MineCraft. I love building, I love adventuring, and I love playing with friends. But one of the greatest things to do... is massacre and destroy...

Spoiler:

This fits the fun of destruction and chaos. Ken, you would agree, wouldn't you?

Bzilla56

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:43 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
Well I have the 360 version of Minecraft and I don't have gold, but I think the point of Minecraft is to kick Skyward Sword's ass all over the place. Very Happy jking, anyways, I think it's more about the adventuring and stuff like that. plus this song sounds minecraft-y

roshipower

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:09 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I don't care much for Minecraft, but from what i see, the main idea of minecraft is all about adventure and exploration

This song i believe fits the idea of exploration and adventure, as you search through these vast and expansive areas for the sake of discovering something new, or to be the perfect sandbox for your own creations

Last edited by roshipower on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Pikmintendo

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

A bit of a lengthy entry but perfectly fitting if you ask me.
It contains and expresses all the elements f minecraft; the fear you feel when on your last heart deep in a mine, the sense of adventure from exploring every last cave and the entire surface, the mystery of why you are in this strange land, and what exactly the mobs are, and the feeling of desire for success... to build up your own empire, a glorious one that will be passed down through ages and ages of history to become legend among the civilization that will surely spawn from these great monuments and contraptions that you shall build-- The entire future of this land is your block of clay to mold and use to create something amazing, and yet... you must proceed with caution. The monsters of this land no doubt want to kill you, perhaps for defiling their peaceful, natural, pure continent. You leave your house on an expedition everyday, each time knowing that you very well may not return. But you are determined to build a legacy and history for this land, and you are willing to take the risks that come with it. Your adventures shall become ancient legends, and shall be told to ambitious children safe in their homes 100s of years from now as bedtime stories. Indeed, the very concept of civilization and intelligent though in this land begins with... you.

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
Hydrocannon2727

Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark
I am offended sir. For me, it's about the digging of the holes. This sums up how I feel when I dig holes (usually energetic, because I drink a lot of soda when I play):

Smash

Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I'm unsure of what to do here. I do not have a Minecraft, and have never played it.

CartoonLink

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:31 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

The mysterious nature to this theme reminds me of something, that I cannot put my finger on. It's a theme that makes you wonder, and it feels nostalgic not just because the game has aged but because it gives you a really different feeling when you listen to it. MineCraft due to it's graphical engine is very nostalgic, and it also seems as if there is a big meaning to both of them, somewhere in the world. I have yet to find what the true meaning of both are, but it really reminds me of my past and the wonders of life.

Skochko

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Minecraft is like Touhou to me. I don't really know much about it. I shall try to play this through, but please be more global, less one-game-oriented in your future requests. K, Punch?

RandomConsomePanchi

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:42 am

RandomConsomePanchi
Of course Mama, forgive me. But perhaps you may post a song that represents how you feel what Minecraft really is. Even though you haven't played it, place a song that represents your first impression. But I shall attempt to make it more global in the following rounds.

Skochko

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Okay, I shall. I see a lot of videos being posted here about building random stuff in Minecraft and you did mention "building towards the endless sky". I am, once again, going with an obscure entry and I hope it can relate to Minecraft in some way.

The first part is peaceful and can relate to beginning the game, seeing the open world for the first time. As the tempo picks up, you're exploring the land, finding the material you need to start building. Once you do, and the song reaches it's climax, you're creating your tall... something... The song is returning back to it's peaceful part. You're done and thinking "What now?"...

I think the beat in the song is giving it something special and should fit.

Also, by global, I didn't mean requesting "creepy" and stuff. Use your awesome imagination.

Smash

Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:35 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

I dunno, whenever I see gameplay footage of Minecraft, I think of this song. I've never played it before so I have no opinions there. I will accept any disapproval given to me.

MarioWorldHacker

Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:50 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki

Play this while venturing through your world in Minecraft and tell me it fits perfectly in the regions you are exploring; how expansive the land around you is. This evokes that courage that an adventurer needs to start exploring the unknown and persevere through it, despite the challenges. It reflects the positive mindset of the wanderer who awaits the upcoming riches that he/she will confront, and so on.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum