You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 14]

Kaz

Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:41 pm

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator

I had this song chosen since day juan, I just didn't feel like posting atm ._.
Obviously people play this game with a different goal from person to person. While in other games I like being evil like my master Ken, with this game I just feel relaxed. Something about the music, something about the atmosphere, something about the ground, something about those boulders, something about that horrible fog, something about knocking your opponents down that cliff, something about his level..IS FUCKING SWEET. This music shows you how I feel when I play this, and reminds me how expansive the land scope is.........It refracts the negative mindset of the wanderer who awaits the downcoming poors that she/he won't confront, and not on.

Last edited by Mr. GayManWatch on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Linkodude43

Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:47 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
What could better describe how I feel about minecraft than a minecraft song? This classic record game really sums up how I feel about the game. Just a light-hearted, casual game about mining and building blocks.

Last edited by Linkodude43 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the video :P)

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
RandomConsomePanchi

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:17 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
DAMN IT I LOST ALL THE ENTRIES I HAD SO FAR
Screw it all Im going to give the ones I already did ratings

Zman = TNT = 2
Bzilla = Sheep = 1
Roshi = Pig with a saddle = 1.5
Pik = TNT = 2

Ok....now to go and review the rest properly without interruption.

Hydro - Sounds cavey and diggy to me. I likey. HA IM FUNNEY. No, but this repetitive beat does match the repetitiveness of mining away, and accompanied by a nice tune...it makes for a very good tune of mining away in the caves.
Rating of TNT = 2

CL - CL...this song....the nostalgia...yes...it's there. Yet you identify the nostalgia from the looks of Minecraft and it's relation to the games of past. However...your entry...it makes mention of the past...and the wonders of life...that is what I see in Minecraft. This song pours nostalgia into me. It used to be that whenever I encountered a place that, long ago, used to be either a base or a place of conflict or shelter....it stirs my heart. This would be the song to ripple the rivers within. This would be the song that would play...whenever I stumbled upon the ancient ruins of my past glory. It makes me take for granted for the current wonders of life...for my past....CL...this is surely not only your best entry but the best entry of this entire round.
Rating of Super Squid = 2.5 (MAX)
This rating is given only to entries of extraordinary depth.

Mama - This piece is beautiful. Thank you for guiding me through out the song, for it only helps intensify the adventure of life in Minecraft. It's so strange to see a non player pick out a song that is amazing in glamor but also in the way it fits in description. I am most definitely going to use this song for an extra excerpt in the end...extraordinary entry just as well....
"What now?"
That is a feeling felt by almost every Minecraft player in existence...and to come from a nonplayer!
Rating of Super Squid = 2.5

Smash - Now Smash. As Mama has not played Minecraft yet he could put something that he saw fit something he believed Minecraft represented, could you have not done the same? This entry could fit anything had you mentioned it. Partying with friends on the server, exploring with friends. This seems like a multiplayer song honestly. Team work and everything. Such a good entry, but since you failed to explain your perspective I'll have to deduct points
Rating of Sheep = 1

MWH - Yes. This song does represent the awe in which a player feels upon casting their eyes upon the open land. The strength to muster up the courage to explore and conquer every single piece of it...yes. It's there, and very much alive. It also maintains the relaxation of it all however, so a nice touch there.
Rating of TNT = 2

Sir - This is the perfect song to go to sleep to. Why? Because I fell asleep while listening to it. This is truly the definition of relaxation. Imagine playing Minecraft and just visit the amazing scenery listening to this. No mining, no fighting, no destruction. Just walking around peacefully and absorbing the majestic sights that Minecraft has to offer. Outstanding.
Rating of TNT = 2

Linko - FOOL. USING A SONG THAT'S IN THE GAME MADE BY C418 who...who obviously felt the same as you. Thankfully that's the case for the lightheartedness is present and the simplistic view on it is as well. Yet cheerful and good. Very impressive move by you
Rating of TNT = 2

Zman - 2 + 2 = 4 + 1.5 = 5.5 + 2 = 7.5
Bzilla - 1 - 1 = 0 + 2 = 2 + 1 = 3
MWH - 2 + 1.5 = 3.5 + 2 = 5.5 + 2 = 7.5
CL - 2 + 1 = 3 + 0 = 3 + 2.5 = 5.5
Smash - 2 + 2 = 4 + 1 = 5 + 1 = 6
roshi - 1 + 1 = 2 + 2 = 4 + 1.5 = 5.5
Pik - 2 + 0 = 2 + 2 = 4 + 2 = 6
Sir - 2 + 2 = 4 + 2 = 6 + 2 = 8
Linko - 1 + 1.5 = 2.5 + 1 = 3.5 + 2 = 5.5
Mama - 2 + 2 = 4 + 2 = 6 + 2.5 = 8.5
Hyrdo - 1 + 1 = 2 + 0 = 2 + 2 = 4

Now I wish to say. This has made me realize what I believe Minecraft truly is about. Thanks to you all, I have pieced together and stitched the quilt that represents the purpose and philosophical nature of Minecraft.
Minecraft is the experience.
Life, is also an experience.
Minecraft has no purpose except for the purpose you give it. If you find nothing of worth, then Minecraft is meaningless. If you put your imagination at work and aim to create, Minecraft is a journey through your creative mind and the art that stems out from your pulsing brain. If you wish to conquer and explore the depths of the earth, then your journey is one of action and danger. Memories of conflicts and deaths help you grow stronger and learn and improve for future challenges. Minecraft is an experience that helps the player grow.
Just as is life. This is the impact that I feel Minecraft has given me. Looking back at your past from the beginning you played this game and compare that to current self. Look at how you have improved. Look how your buildings pierce the heavens and fill the horizon. Look how your skills in combat and fear of monsters have waxed and waned. Your courage grows bright. Your journey, endless to the point that you want it to end.
Such is life. If you find nothing of worth in life, then what is it's purpose? You generate your life's purpose. There is nothing more to it. You find what is meaningful to you, you create the journey to carry on your life, and as Minecraft, it doesn't end until you say it ends.

This is the journey of life, brilliantly represented in the form of a simple game.
One full of endless opportunities.

I wrote all that listening to Mama's song by the way. It's perfect.

Now...I wish to get a song that initiates an urge...to RUN! A song that urges you to get away from something! To flee from danger! To save your life! BUT, when you post this song, you must explain WHAT EXACTLY YOU ARE RUNNING FROM. NOT in the game, but the song. Running from something fearful? Scary? Hideous? Natural? A collapsing cavern? A falling ship? A meteor? A zombie? MWH's foot?

Now go!

CartoonLink

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:21 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

The beast I am running from is not himself, but the beast I am running from is on a sky scraper with me. I can feel the sense that he wants me killed, so with his last breathe he is going to crush me in the ruins of the tower. I have three options, one is to jump off the tower and have a less painful, quicker death, two is to beg for mercy, or three is to use all of my remaining energy to flee. With the third option I must run as fast as I can, make very quick decisions, and know what I'm doing and know what I really want. Because if I really want it, I may succeed.

Bzilla56

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

CartoonLink

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:40 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Buzzkilla56 wrote:

no that gives u the sense of drastication nigger

Linkodude43

Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
In my opinion, this is a bit different of a "running," theme. It is a theme for someone who is running away not out of fear, out of survival, someone who loathes him so hard he will stop at absolutely nothing to see the man dead. The pursuer is relentless, and values the other mans death more than he does his life. Every time the music temporarily stops, and we here a high pitched sound, that is the sound of him thinking about the man chasing him, the man that must kill him. On top of that, he is not JUST trying to outrun his pursuers. He is trying to run strategically, run in a way which will confuse them. In other words, not a simple getaway theme, a more complex, crafty song for an strategized, well thought out getaway.

Last edited by Linkodude43 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Smash

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:13 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

It's right behind you. Total destruction. There's nothing that can be done to stop it. You were caught in the middle of the situation. The only thing you can do now....is run. Run from the ultimate being that will destroy you if you are not fast enough. On your way, you may wonder what caused this, why you had to be involved, and what you will do if you escape. Now you must run away and escape, or else you and everyone you care for will not survive.

CartoonLink

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:34 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Smash wrote:

It's right behind you. Total destruction. There's nothing that can be done to stop it. You were caught in the middle of the situation. The only thing you can do now....is run. Run from the ultimate being that will destroy you if you are not fast enough. On your way, you may wonder what caused this, why you had to be involved, and what you will do if you escape. Now you must run away and escape, or else you and everyone you care for will not survive.

dafuq is this shit? it has to be from a VIDEO GAME.

roshipower

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:31 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
The moment I read the request, I knew exactly what I wanted to post. Just think a about it, you are being chased by a ship as you run through dangerous environments while constantly getting shot at by cannon balls as the floor behind you is crumbling. At least that's what happens in the game, but in general, I don't think you need context at all, this song to me defines a song of complete urgency and a need to run.

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Linkodude43

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:01 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Smash, I must agree with CL

Smash

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:04 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Linkodude43 wrote:Smash, I must agree with CL
I'm sorry. I don't see how this ISN'T from a video game.

MarioWorldHacker

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:19 am

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Smash wrote:

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Ten_Desires

CartoonLink

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:38 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Smash wrote:

Touhou isn't a video game. It's a rape simulation game, so it's more like a board game if that. Change your entry or you will receive a three month ban along with two years of probation.

Smash

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:09 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
CartoonLink wrote:
Smash wrote:

Touhou isn't a video game. It's a rape simulation game, so it's more like a board game if that. Change your entry or you will receive a three month ban along with two years of probation.

I knew where you were going with this. I was more curious about Linko's comment.

Linkodude43

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:33 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Smash wrote:
CartoonLink wrote:
Smash wrote:

I knew where you were going with this. I was more curious about Linko's comment.

I hope you realize that my comment was the exact same as CL's in different words...let's just drop this whole debate xD

zmanrwks

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:40 am

zmanrwks
CL and Linko, stop being nubs.

Also, my choice:

This song, in all its 8-bit glory, defines the feeling of "oshi, I need to get out of here!" The way it's arranged just makes you want to be in a dangerous situation you must run from while listening to this.

Isn't 8-bit music great?

Pikmintendo

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:14 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

self explanatory

jk heres my actual entry

Welcome to hell
~Consome
Listening to this song makes me feel an urgency, like I must outrun hell itself, cheat it's dark forces out of my life, It's either running or eternal oblivion, but this is to be expected from a track titled "Running Hell" Is it not?

Last edited by Pikmintendo on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
MarioWorldHacker

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:38 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki

What's chasing you, you may ask? Something that you can't really identify; something beyond your comprehension. The redundancy of the song can define how long this thing has been chasing you for; it could even go on for the longest of time. But what is this that's chasing you? Could it be your very fear? Are you willing to find out? This is why you're running, aren't you? You cannot accept whatever is chasing you. The fear of the unknown is truly one of the biggest fears of mankind.

Of course, I went with something more about ambiance than of up-beat and more urgent. I wanted to see your take on this.

Kaz

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator

It's 3 am and your sleeping in your peaceful bed. Suddenly you are awaken from the screams and horrors of frightened people. You are scared and questioning why you hear all the screams of the people you know, and people you don't. You step outside and you see a giant shadow moving towards you, crushing everybody and everything that happens to be in its way. As the shadow comes closer, you notice it gets bigger as well. You are so frightened that nothing comes to mind and you just run. Your momentum of running speed is nothing compared with the speed of this enormous beast. Running, scared to death, you start to notice what it is. In mere seconds you find out it is non other than Mwh's Foot. You are astounded by the fact of your doom, as it is in close range. You pray, and tell your lord that you had a wonderful life...

CartoonLink

Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:14 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Mr. GayManWatch wrote:

It's 3 am and your sleeping in your peaceful bed. Suddenly you are awaken from the screams and horrors of frightened people. You are scared and questioning why you hear all the screams of the people you know, and people you don't. You step outside and you see a giant shadow moving towards you, crushing everybody and everything that happens to be in its way. As the shadow comes closer, you notice it gets bigger as well. You are so frightened that nothing comes to mind and you just run. Your momentum of running speed is nothing compared with the speed of this enormous beast. Running, scared to death, you start to notice what it is. In mere seconds you find out it is non other than Mwh's Foot. You are astounded by the fact of your doom, as it is in close range. You pray, and tell your lord that you had a wonderful life...

Horrible, horrible choice!

zmanrwks

Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:30 pm

zmanrwks
CL, seriously, shut up.

Skochko

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:21 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Linkodude43 wrote:In my opinion, this is a bit different of a "running," theme. It is a theme for someone who is running away not out of fear, out of survival, someone who loathes him so hard he will stop at absolutely nothing to see the man dead. The pursuer is relentless, and values the other mans death more than he does his life. Every time the music temporarily stops, and we here a high pitched sound, that is the sound of him thinking about the man chasing him, the man that must kill him. On top of that, he is not JUST trying to outrun his pursuers. He is trying to run strategically, run in a way which will confuse them. In other words, not a simple getaway theme, a more complex, crafty song for an strategized, well thought out getaway.

I hate your guts. You made me look for an alternative.

Anyways, here's my entry:

The title really says it all: you are escaping a sinking ship. The level itself is pretty much your request. Everything is collapsing on your way and shit is exploding right in your face as you struggle to find a way out and survive. I have very little time, so forgive me for the lack of description. I don't really want to shorten my holiday because of this. Just feeling like this is a straightforward entry that doesn't need any guidance in order to fit your request. I should be back on track in about 4 days.

Linkodude43

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Sooo hasn't it been like 5 days since this round started? Is Panchi away or something?

roshipower

Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:02 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Give him the the time he needs, he isn't even taking longer then he did some other rounds. Ken needs time to break down each song to give a genuine unbiased rating

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum