Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

roshipower

Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:25 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
YUSSSSSSSS I GOT IT FOIST

We all saw this coming and I apologize for this typical and common entry, but i'm sure thisMikau, song fits the bill very well. I can't really sum up into words the emotional masterpiece that is this song, the song speaks for itself. But if you think about the times they play within the game...there are a lot of examples...Death of Mikau...The healing of Sharp...The reuniting of Pamela and her father...

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Smash

Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:39 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

Hearing this song always brings me to tears because of how this game ends. When I first beat Mother 3, just seeing Claus's death immediately shattered my heart. In short, the ending made me hate myself. This sad ending is one of the many reasons why this is one of my favorite games of all time.

UBtT2 - Page 7 Family_Reunion_MOTHER_3_SPOILS_by_artemis251

Pikmintendo

Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:49 pm

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

This isnt a video game track but i absolutely still had to post it

now, as for entry wise

Fair warning okami spoilers below
Spoiler:

EDIT:
I've changed my mind, a much better choice came to my mind.

This song is the credits theme for the absolutely fantastic The World Ends With You. It helps if you know the context of the game, but i think It speaks for itself pretty well.

Last edited by Pikmintendo on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:08 am; edited 2 times in total

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
MarioWorldHacker

Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:50 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
So it was I who kept you delayed? What have I done?

Reasoning for choosing this track? Think of this way: How can other tracks capture the same feel for its predecessor? By evoking the best arrangement you can for a game that has soul and dedication mixed into its formula, eventually forming a game that stays true to the franchise. This track has so much strong emotion to it, that I have grown to love this more every time I listen to its glorious composition.

zmanrwks

Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:55 pm

zmanrwks
Pikmintendo wrote:
This isnt a video game track but i absolutely still had to post it
UBtT2 - Page 7 Spiderman-that-post-gave-me-cancer

Now, for my entry. This is difficult for me, because I don't care for somber, sad shit you people are posting. Of course, there are some I like. Unfortunately, I used inFamous 2 this game already, so I must resort to my second option.

This song, which shows inspiration from Mother 3, is played when N leaves after you've defeated Ghetsis. When he learns Ghetsis was using him to help him conquer the world, N rethinks his ideas of Pokemon having to live free from humans, and flies off with Zekrom/Reshiram, telling the player to continue his dreams with his Pokemon, as they are friends. It's exceptionally sad, I'm just poor at explaining it properly.

I change my mind, this entry is shit. This song is pretty meh also, now that I think of it.
Here's something that is listenable compared to what is being posted.

Why do I pick this? For one, it's rock, and not some shitty piano solo. Second, it sounds unique and much more interesting. And third, the message it gives is strong emotion of living your life, not letting anything stop you (unless that thing is stopping you from getting this game, then listen to it). It makes you happy, and you cry tears of happiness and want to do things such as living life to the fullest and not delaying any future rounds of UBtT2.

There's your emotional sappy shit.

Last edited by zmanrwks on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

RandomConsomePanchi

Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:55 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
Now now everyone, I'd just like to make a quick note. I am requesting a song that will make me cry (rainbows make me cry BOO HOO) yes. strong emotion is necessary. but a poignant emotion would be utterly fantastic. one that is capable of stirring the rivers within oneself.
but it needn't be one of sadness...one can cry of happiness and joy as well
just one that stirs up your emotions in a sappy way. YES. SAPPY.
(EDIT)
Something that stirs you deep within. Something that stirs the feelings that are inside you. That make you feel alive. That let you know that you are human. Perhaps a great sadness. That tears roll down in streams. Perhaps a great happiness, and not the typical cheery happiness. But a happiness that is planted deep within your spirit. A powerful happiness that makes you look toward the rising sun in a great hope, grateful for all you have met. Tears can also be involved in this as well

Smash

Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
RandomConsomePanchi wrote:
Something that stirs you deep within. Something that stirs the feelings that are inside you.

Inb4 Immature laugh

Skochko

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:43 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
RandomConsomePanchi wrote:Something that stirs you deep within. Something that stirs the feelings that are inside you. That make you feel alive. That let you know that you are human. A powerful happiness that makes you look toward the rising sun in a great hope, grateful for all you have met. Tears can also be involved in this as well
While I do have a fantastic entry that gives out a powerful emotion of sadness and pain, I decided to take a different approach in this round, because of what you wrote in the quote.

Please listen to the whole song and stare at the video, because it's an enjoyable experience. It's a music video of a Civilization 4 song, using that game's visuals. While it cannot be applied to a powerful emotion that you had, or I had, it can be applied to the human race as a whole. The video sums a number of big achievements and turning events that affected us, indirectly. These events formed the world as it is today and you have to be thankful for it, but also proud.

This will not break your heart, but rather put it back together. If you don't feel anything while listening to this, you are a rock. I'm taking a big risk in this round because this song is very powerful, but it doesn't fit your request entirely.

RandomConsomePanchi wrote:A song that holds sentimental value within you. Check.
A song that has driven you to the brink of tears. Check.
A song that holds great emotion whether because of the situation during which it plays, or because of the beautiful masterpiece it is. Check.

Kaz

Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:18 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator

no description available

Linkodude43

Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I THINK I'm allowed to post this, or am I not because of using Zelda last round?

This song is one that I will always remember for it's sadness. The desperation of someone who you are starting to realize isn't as arrogant as you initially thought. It is an emotion filled song which holds a place in my heart.

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
zmanrwks

Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:03 pm

zmanrwks
Linkodude43 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I THINK I'm allowed to post this, or am I not because of using Zelda last round?

This song is one that I will always remember for it's sadness. The desperation of someone who you are starting to realize isn't as arrogant as you initially thought. It is an emotion filled song which holds a place in my heart.
It goes by game, not game series. You're fine. I know this because I used 3 Sonic songs so far.

Smash

Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:20 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Waiting on Panchi again?

RandomConsomePanchi

Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:29 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
Nope. not at all

zmanrwks

Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:16 pm

zmanrwks
RandomConsomePanchi wrote:Nope. not at all
His body is ready.

Skochko

Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:14 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
RandomConsomePanchi wrote:Nope. not at all
You know you are allowed to rate whenever you want, after 3 days have passed? It would be funny, after all the delays.

How many people to post? Hydro and...?

RandomConsomePanchi

Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:26 am

RandomConsomePanchi
I shall judge today and aim to publish it by tonight and if not tomorrow morning

zmanrwks

Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:50 am

zmanrwks
RandomConsomePanchi wrote:I shall judge today and aim to publish it by tonight and if not tomorrow morning
If you delay it, MWH owes me a Fall Key.
Spoiler:

Linkodude43

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:16 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
You have been...Delayed.

zmanrwks

Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:27 am

zmanrwks
Damnit Ken

RandomConsomePanchi

Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:12 am

RandomConsomePanchi
UBtT2 - Page 7 Tumblr_ma1to2qGCA1ryc7xgo3_250
Oh hey everyone posted time to judge

Bzilla - What the fuuuuuuuuu your descriptino has nothing to support yoru entry YOU ARE BANISHED TO THES HADOW RELAM....no but honestly in my opinion the piano is an excellent way to express emotion in songs...especially saddening ones. this is great cause it sounds PATRIOTIC HAHAHHAHA ANd that spanish guitar or whatev tha tkicks in later on...this is truly a great emotional song like willy wonka's factory would listen ovar and voer
Rating of 50 Crocodile Tears out of Eggman - +2

CL - waoh cl you know this entry is just SO SZD YOU WANNA MAKE ME CRY IMA 1v1 YOU WYAT AHw ok i need to stup sdrinking before raitng GOODNESS. but yeah good sad song like that of people departing, best friends who shall never see each other until the next day. so sad
Rating of 85 Crocodile Tears out of Robotnik - +2
(Robtnik is actually negative 35 so it cancels out)

Roshi - holhy FWHAT HTE FUREAK maen. Ok in all seriousness this is a genius entry because not only is it solemn in it's own way, but the countless times you have to play this song such as Pemala's daaaaad and other situations its just so emotional cause it plays during sO MANY HAEART BREAKING SCENES IMA CRY (inb4 sum moar IN YOUR FACE MWH)
rating of 9251 oh who gives shi- +2

Smash - Mother is basically the manifestation of sadness but also hope and emotion. And DAMN this song hits you hard when it plays. That game as a whole. Jsut an emotional masterpiiece. just no seriously i teared up a bit when I beat this gam I TEARED. UP. But then i found out everyone (SPOILERS) HAHAHAH AAHHAHA ok but no seriously fantastic entry
Rating of _2 (btw that picture was MESSED UP THANKS A LOT)

Pik - holy freak jsut MAK UP your Miiiiind....like the minds of those who believeeeeee......no but oik i never played twewy SHOOT ME. But this song is good. Again I love piano. it's like holy freak manifestation of emotion in ANY SUNG YOU KNOW? just man...this song...it makes me wish....if only....i wish I couldve BENE A BETTER WOMEN TO YOU JACQUE I
Rating of Gud Job - +@

MWH - What's this?
UBtT2 - Page 7 Tumblr_m9rrnrwMF41reugqko1_400
YOU DARE BREAK THE TREND OF SAD AND HEART BREAKING/WARMING SONGS? HOW DARE YOU. YOU FOOL. YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DO? YOU CHALLENGE THE VERY EDXISTENCE OF DELAYS ITSELF holy freak this is a good song them RIFFS BROTHA
Ok so when I started out I wanted something that hit the spirit or sumthign like that i dunno DONT ASK MEEEE
and MWH went against the trend of "make me cry" into "make me burn my eyes by staring into the rising sun in a dramatic and hopeful way cause it's just bad ass and symbolizes the daily struggle we as humans face each and every day yet we fight constantly to overcome our problems for a hopeful future for surely as the sun sets it will rise again and again, a constant ball of light and hope"
IMD ONE
Rating of GENIUS interpretatino brother now lets play sum dino city bro + 2.6-0.1

Zman - Hope you enjoy your fall key. Now get out
+

NO BUT YOU NEED TO GROW A HEART GO TO THE WIZ OF OZ OR SOMETHING cause like there are MORE sonic songs that are more emotional in my opinion like That one shad the hedgepig song where it's piano at the beginning then it gets really kewl the not looking back or turning back I DUNNO but its a good one but this one works too im just saying you know ok NOW YEAH
+2

Mama - I liked how they were singing all happily when they were all fighting
+2

Sir - Why...the silent wind...bringing nothing but sadness...loss...an empty end...full of...of nothingness....accompanied by the light strings and the quiet xylophone...
good entry +2 man gooD JOB

Linko - UBtT2 - Page 7 Tumblr_m6z3uhX8ur1qjyfxj
Do you know how FREAKING OFTEN I EXPECTED THIS SONG THEN YOU GO AND POST IT DKLAFLKDJ GOSH DANG IT RT YOU BROKE THE RUl
no but i honestly love this song for the emotion it gives off. when i first heard this song i fell in love with it for it too made me feel a terrible sadness and urgency to save IRIS
so yeah good too
2+

Hydro - Gooooooooooooooooood
+-

Zman - 2 + 2 = 4 + 1.5 = 5.5 + 2 = 7.5 + 2 = 9.5 + 2 = 11.5 +2 = 13.5
Bzilla - 1 - 1 = 0 + 2 = 2 + 1 = 3 + 2 = 5 + 1.5 = 6.5 + 2 = 8.5
MWH - 2 + 1.5 = 3.5 + 2 = 5.5 + 2 = 7.5 + 2.5 = 10 + 2 = 12 + 2.5 = 14.5
CL - 2 + 1 = 3 + 2 = 5 + 2.5 = 7.5 + 1.5 = 9 + 2 = 11 + 2 = 13
Smash - 2 + 2 = 4 + 1 = 5 + 1 = 6 + 2 = 8 + 2 = 10 + 2 = 12
roshi - 1 + 1 = 2 + 2 = 4 + 1.5 = 5.5 + 1.5 = 7 + 2 = 9 + 2 = 11
Pik - 2 + 0 = 2 + 2 = 4 + 2 = 6 + 1.5 = 7.5 + 1.5 = 9 + 2 = 11
Sir - 2 + 2 = 4 + 2 = 6 + 2 = 8 + 2 = 10 + 2 = 12 + 2 = 14
Linko - 1 + 1.5 = 2.5 + 1 = 3.5 + 2 = 5.5 + 2 = 7.5 + 2 = 9.5 + 2 = 11.5
Mama - 2 + 2 = 4 + 2 = 6 + 2.5 = 8.5 + 2 = 10.5 + 2 = 12.5 + 2 = 14.5
Hyrdo - 1 + 1 = 2 + 0 = 2 + 2 = 4 + 0 = 4 + 2 = 6 + 0 = 8

Ok time to be a jerk. The next round is going to be fun. For me. As set by the first UBtT judge, MWH, we shall have a round that's so awful everyone will be bitching about it. Yes, in MWH's honor we shall hold this.
So please choose a song from Cave story and write a 1000 word essay on why Cave Story is the best game every find a song that you believe that I shall absolutely LOVE and ENJOY AND JUST BE LIKE OH MY GOSH 3'S FOR EVERYONE
Ok? We cool?

We cool.
Now
UBtT2 - Page 7 Tumblr_ma1vucssvp1qhme5q
Go

Think of this round as the round to help everyone catch up or watch everyone fail

UBtT2 - Page 7 Tumblr_ma1xyzl39j1qlvt53o2_r2_250

Bzilla56

Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:24 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

Kaz

Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:40 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator

No description available.

Linkodude43

Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:26 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

You can't not love this song. The instrumentation and musicianship in it, the slow crescendo near the begging, the PERFECT speed for a race theme, and absolutely one of my favourite vgm's.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum