You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Hydrocannon2727

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:48 am

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark
MarioWorldHacker wrote:Alright, that's it. I'm banning Twilight Princess from this round. The redundancy on this particular game is tiring. No more.

The reason why I even made that restriction of only using one track from one game from a series was to encourage people to post a variety of music from different series. But this...no. Everyone who posted music from Twilight Princess MUST change their entries.
Damn it!

Kaz

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:42 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator

This was a really hard one, damn you mwh

Skochko

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
It's been over 60 hours now. Come on, people.

Crankeh

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:59 am

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
I've been waiting all fucking weekend.

MarioWorldHacker

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:46 am

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
First of all, I would like to apologize(again) for my delay. I have two reasons for this(one that I should've stated earlier). Number one being that I wasn't really in the mood to rate all of these tracks for the past few days; call it a block if you will. Number two being that I deliberately extended this particular round because certain people failed (and STILL did in this round) to provide some variety, so I gave them more time to resubmit.

With that aside...
shall we?

Zman's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
-THANK YOU for the lyrics as captions. Personally, I find it hard to follow the lyrics when I'm used to listening to the instrumental more. To be completely honest, the lyrics is what makes this submission dabess one(nope, still pretty good). These really can be applied on Isaac's situation, but portrays it in anger; I feel this way because of the way the vocals are expressed with the instruments in the background. However, looking at the image, you can clearly see Isaac's anger as he triumphs the enemy he is facing, thus depicting the scene perfectly.

Roshi's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
What is this feeling? Why do I suddenly feel as if my hope has been drained? Did the light that I was following extinguish? Will I ever be able to see my companion again? All of these questions will be answered in the cruelest manner; there is simply nothing that you can do to save her. You fought to survive, with the goal to save your beloved, but it was in vain. You learned that her fate has been sealed. There is no reason for you to go on. Just go on ahead and join those who had fallen victim to these inhumane creatures. Roshi, this bloody entry just depresses me, and I love it (masochistic?). As I listen to this track, I can slowly imagine Isaac discovering the truth of his inevitable demise. This...is perfect.

Consome's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
I think going for this direction to represent Isaac's character is much more effective than going into something like Zman's entry. The description that you provided with the entry is simply outstanding. Jesus, man. It sounds so depressing at first, but then...that last ray of hope shines upon you. It gives you a reason to keep on fighting...to survive...to live on your life as you wish it to be. The trials up ahead cannot be accomplished by brute force alone. You need to know what you're truly striving for. You later accept your beloved's death, even if it affects you greatly, but you know that she loved you, and that she wants you to survive.

Pik's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
This entry sounds more about regret than anything else. You suddenly regret coming to this place, knowing that your chance of survival was minimum. I actually imagine Isaac not making it alive because of this great defect. This has surely destroyed your will to fight. You lay down, waiting for your life to end. Overall, I do think that this en- Ok, I'm being redundant here. NO MORE. It fits, man. It just does. It stands out because of the fore-mentioned feeling that I get out of this entry.

Bzilla's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
What I love about your entries is that I can almost always guarantee good quality and variety from you. What I get out of this one is a feeling of isolation, and then later it morphs into a feeling of desperation. You know you're the only survivor on board the station, but you also know that you actually have a chance to escape with your life. You strive for this, but you soon realize that your chances are growing slim. You look at your gear, you're low on stamina and ammunition, you're also weak from all of the fighting, yet they keep on coming. Despite the odds, you keep on fighting until your last breath...beautiful.

Skochko's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
As I listen to this theme, I try to associate each segment with Dead Space's story, and I have to say, it works out very well. I can imagine Isaac boarding the ship, later to be ambushed by the horde of creatures that lurk around said ship. As you run defenselessly, you get separated from your crew. You then try to rendezvous back to the docking station to escape, only to find out that your ship was destroyed. You then sit and wonder what to do next. You then remember the sole reason why you volunteered to check this station in the first place; to save the person who you hold dear to. You then explore the whole ship, slaughtering everything in your path. As you wander around the ship, you later learn of her that person's death. You can't help but wonder what you did all of this for. All hope is lost for you now. The only thing left now is to simply try to make it out alive. But at what cost? As you fight the Hive, you can see a small glampse of hope that you will survive. In the end, you manage to escape with your life, just barely. You have triumphed in the end. Or so it seems. Mama, the feelings that you mentioned are all mentioned in what I have written here. And it is by far the best entry simply because of this variety. I could give you some extra points for this entry, but that will be against the rules.

Smash's Entry:SUPER APPROVAL
Isaac's despair...it's highly represented here. His sadness is also shown here. He cannot accept his beloved's death; it's simply too much for the man to accept. He simply cannot go on. He had just wished he could hold on to her one last time.

Hydro's Entry: Approval
Interesting, using FFX's music. Let's see. Well, it surely appeals to the scenery in the picture and how Isaac must slaughter the malice reformed into terrifying creatures. However, it does not help me picture the other instances on what he is fighting for in the first place. I'll give you kudos for providing such a fitting song for his battles, but that is all you're getting out of this.

Cartoonlink's Entry: Minor Approval
Ok. This really helps me think about the atmosphere in the game and all (of course it will fit. It's Metroid music). But, I think it only portrays the isolation that Isaac is going through and nothing else. The song itself is too quiet for it to depict anything else.

...Do I really need to say anything about the next two entries...

Cranky's Entry: Minor Approval
-Dat LttP arrangement... I luvr it. Despite that, I'll not let that blind me. I have to say, it does fit in what Isaac is going through. The piano helps me think about the sadness that Isaac is going through, but again, this is all that I am getting from this. It's still a good entry, though. It's just that it doesn't do its job right.

Linko's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL.
-I can't believe I'm doing this, but bare with me. I'm not doing this out of nostalgic purposes. The track itself is too strong for me to reject as a very good entry, especially on how it fits with the theme on this round. Linko, your reasoning is probably the best I've heard coming from you and I do love it when you get deeply think on the meaning of tracks. It gives a sense of purpose for each song that is composed.

Gman's Entry: Approval
Obscurity, go. Personally, I never heard of this. I can't help but think of TF2. Don't ask me why. But as for the song. It depicts more on a sense of motivation. Motivation that is needed to accomplish the great task that you wish to accomplish. It's the initiative to what one needs, overall.

Sean's Entry: Are you even trying anymore?

Consome: 8(+2)
Bzilla: 5(+2)
Pik: 5(+2)
roshi:5(+2)
Zman: 6(+2)
Gman: 4(1)
Smash: 3(+2)
Skochko: 6(+2)
Linko: 5(+2)
CartoonLink: 4(0)
Hydro: 4(+1)
SRB: -3(-1)
Crankeh: 2(0)

I have to say, I am very satisfied with the outcome of this round, as you can already see. Hopefully, you all can present the same quality in the later rounds.

Now...the next theme must express at least three feelings that correlate with each other. Again, I'm not demanding anything specific, but find me something that sparks up three feelings that can be associated with one another. If you need an example, I do think that Mama's entry from the last round is the perfect example for this. Oh, and you must state these feelings and I'll be up to me to judge it based on that.

I'm doing this for the sake of variety. Oh...speaking of which, because of the over usage of Zelda tracks from the last round, I'll be banning LoZ until further notice. GG. BON VOYAGE. That's why you don't mess with me.

Last edited by MarioWorldHacker on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bzilla56

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:56 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

It starts off with a hopeful part, then it goes to a part that sounds revengeful. then it ends with a sad part.

Last edited by Bzilla56 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pikmintendo

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
bam...boom...BIPPITY BO-

The feelings Being
Decisiveness - The track strengthening the knowledge and feeling of how descisive this battle is- for you and the world.
Momentum - the track portraying the memories and feelings of just how much youve achieved on your way, how much this battle is personally worth to you, and that you must fight for it.
Power - You realize youre messing with a powerful force here, yet youve made it this far and believe you have the strength to stand up to it, the track simply solidifying and representing that feeling of power.

I... i feel like the way i described the feelings made them sound too similar, im just not good at describing my emotions with words
yet here i am
describing them with words

I hope you see what i was going for here

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
Smash

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
How come I got a Super Approval but only got 1 point? I didn't have zero in the last round.

zmanrwks

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:30 pm

zmanrwks

Power - You are facing a man with massive amounts of power, and having just fought a tough previous battle with N, he seems more dangerous to you.

Fear - The overpowering percussion and name One-Winged Angel-esque chanting really makes you fearful of what Ghetsis is capable of.

Hopelessness - Mainly a cross between Power and Fear: your enemy's immense power and the fear he strikes into you make it seem all is lost.

Crankeh

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:47 pm

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

roshipower

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:56 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

another mario entry, i have so much variety right now Smile

1.This song makes you feel fear as you are to infiltrate a heavily guarded enemy base, with little chance of survival

2.It makes you nervous as you must do this difficult trial in order to save the girl you love(well i guess you could skip it in the game but you know what im getting at)

3.It gives you confidence as you have made it this far, and you already are an expreinced....erm...platofrmer so you know that despite the difficulty you can still make it

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
RandomConsomePanchi

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:12 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
Spoiler:
I mean
Spoiler:
Ok no seriously

This song....so much...feeling.
Intense emotions have often coursed my veins when I listen to this song.
So powerful...impacting.....the piano...the drums...the trumpets....the sound of the sea shore itself. They all work together as if formed by some kind of romantic writer.

Sorrow - The piano. Perhaps you could identify it has melancholic, for the piano exhibits a feeling of sadness that wavers over me...this song has brought me to tears many times when I was ready to burst....it's that powerful.
Yet...this...this nostalgic element intertwined with the melancholy just fills my spirit
Thoughtful Mystery - I guess you can say that I identify this with mystery in the sense of aimlessness, or the thought of not knowing where to go after some chain of unfortunate events...yes....yes indeed. Although it may represent depression to a degree...it still mystifies you of what is to come...
Hope/Inspiration - The trumpets that break the veil of silence exclaim a valiant call of courage and hope...the light has overcome...and your path has been lighted. There is no reason to fear for your life! It is safe! Just continue down this solitary road, for your destiny awaits! Sorrow now has no control over you! You will one day encounter happiness and your days of misery and pain will be over!

In all...this song...I have been through much listening to it.

I...I can not say how much I identify with this song...the fact that I was unable to tell what would happen next...the fact that I was powerless to change what had happened and what was to come....why couldn't I? This...this wave of sorrow and depression.....the tears. I was lost. Confused. WHY WHY? ~Charmew
Why did this have to happen to him? My heart wrenched in pain and sadness and I was swallowed by darkness. My thoughts were clouded by worries of the future....what was I to do? Why am I so helpless? I can't stand if something were to happen to him. NO. THAT CAN'T BE. I...I must not give up. I can't be weak. I must be strong...I MUST SUPPORT HIM! There remains but a glimpse of hope...and despite the possibilities....we still have a chance to make it happen.
Despite the odds
The sobs
The depression
The confused thoughts
The falling tears
The hopelessness for the future
There remained a shining light before us.
And I ran.
I ran with all my might.
To break through this darkness of the night
And shine the radiance of this hope
All over the darkened land
THIS
I...I may be too personally attached to this song...and perhaps this is why I see these emotions exhibited in this piece...but...regardless...I shall stand by what I feel is right.

And before some people begin exclaiming BUT CONSOME, THIS ISN'T IN A VIDEO GAME
No. It is.
1. ZUN, a music composer for games, published this on a CD, yes. But as a continuing part of a series of "remakes" of songs from his games.
2. This song was remixed and put into a fan game. Thus, I should be allowed to use the original since this has appeared in a game before.

Ok?
:Okay..:

CartoonLink

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:46 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

It has the essence of the past in it, meaning for any hardcore Zelda fan, the nostalgia level is high. It's mysterious in it's own mystical manner. It's sad... although I cannot describe it, it is.

So much emotion in this song, and I swear, if you give it a bad rating, then you're a terrible critiquer.

Crankeh

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
CL, did you not see that Zelda is banned until further notice?

CartoonLink

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:55 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Well, that's a little too bad. I recall him saying TP, if you don't allow SS, then you're a fucking niggur. Because SS > all soundtracks.

zmanrwks

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:31 pm

zmanrwks
MWH:
"I'm doing this for the sake of variety. Oh...speaking of which, because of the over usage of Zelda tracks from the last round, I'll be banning LoZ until further notice. GG. BON VOYAGE. That's why you don't mess with me."

Also, that song is a failed abortion.

CartoonLink

Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:14 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
That's not what your girlfriend said, and I am keeping the song because it's the only reasonable music for this sight.

MarioWorldHacker

Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:42 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
I clearly stated that I did not want Zelda tracks to be used during the remainder of UBtT unless I said so otherwise. If you decide to leave this entry, I can gladly give my opinion on it, but I will not give it a rating. This will grant you an automatic "disapproval".

Smash

Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:09 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

Conclusiveness: The song has all the elements of a good final boss.
Intensiveness: While Master Hand is pretty easy, the song gives a feeling to make it look like he is wreaking you.
Hope: This is probably my strongest point. A little bit before the song loops, the mood changes completely. It sounds like everyone on the planet is praying in hope that you will save them from this disastrous threat to mankind.

Damn MWH this one felt like school.

Linkodude43

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:15 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

1. Near the beginning, this sounds like a 'playful,' theme, with it's bouncy, staccato, sounding theme

2. Once your about 30 seconds in, it sounds like a "You can do it, your the best!" theme.

3. Throughout the whole thing, it has a friendly attitude to it, reminding you it's a friendly battle, just for fun! Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
Pikmintendo

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:33 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Linkodude43 wrote:

1. Near the beginning, this sounds like a 'playful,' theme, with it's bouncy, staccato, sounding theme

2. Once your about 30 seconds in, it sounds like a "You can do it, your the best!" theme.

3. Throughout the whole thing, it has a friendly attitude to it, reminding you it's a friendly battle, just for fun! Very Happy

Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 5 Tumblrlv76etofey1r0c0e6
I just had to okay

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
RandomConsomePanchi

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:00 am

RandomConsomePanchi
No Linko
Pokemon battles are SERIOUS BUSINESS
THIS IS SRS

CartoonLink

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:48 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

This.

It has the sense of epicness that Mario games have always had.

It has a sense of nostalgia for anyone who's playing the SNES Mario games, including Yoshi's Island.

It has a sense of joyfulness. It sounds absolutely terrific.

Skochko

Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:32 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Panchi is making it impossible for us to have a chance at winning this Sad

Imagine yourself trying to save your loved one from a fatal end. You know you don't have many chances, but you are not giving up. The suspense is building as many obstacles arise. The time is running fast, but you are trying not to let panic get the best of you.
However, the inevitable has happened, as your quest ends in sorrow. Your loved one dies and you are left all alone.

linkosux92

Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:02 am

Yoshi Egg
Yoshi Egg
youtube(dot)com/watch?v=vf12nHhz5XM
youtube(dot)/watch?v=IXpj3x2oLho&feature=related

ok i win easy

i cant hotlink those coz linko sux

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum: