You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Crankeh

Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:06 am

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
Smash don't make Mama mad or you'll experience pain.

zmanrwks

Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:32 am

zmanrwks
Skochko wrote:WTF MWH, now I am mad as well Sad
Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 8 Cry-some-moar-ryu-4551_preview

MarioWorldHacker

Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:41 am

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Get mad at me for delaying this, I'll simply ignore that. I'm getting tired of being the judge of 10 people for 9 consecutive rounds.

Consome's Entry: Approval
Quite frankly, this is one of the most memorable themes in the game simply because you don't expect the Mother Brain to pull off a Gainax when you're fighting it. Bloody ell, this theme just strikes true fear; your weapons are useless against this colossus of a beast. Everything that you fire just doesn't seem to damage it. You also get huge intimidation out of this track alone, making it perfect for this kind of situation. Although, I have to say that there are better themes out there.

Bzilla's Entry: Approval
Dat Earthbound techno. Aside from Porky Means Business, this is one of those themes that stay embedded in your head. Just what makes it so bloody catchy? Just like Earthbound's atmosphere, it sounds something out of this world. That's pretty much it, really.

Roshi's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
DAT FEAR FACTORY. I'll agree with you when you say that the DKC trilogy had wonderful soundtracks and this track stands out to be one of David Wise's best compositions. It gives that "You're almost done!" feeling, but it doesn't rush you. It also expresses pure ambiance in the place you're exploring; a factory, of course. The motivation in this song could be only reason to beat the bloody levels... and I luvr it.

Zman's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL

THAT'S IT. I'M DONE.Zman probably cheated because he just knows how much I love this track. This is quite possibly the best track in the game, IMO. It's also dabess intro stage music out there. It has everything, man. The suspense, the determination, the indescribable power that X possesses, and the bloody adrenaline rush that gets you ready for the whole masterpiece of a game. Basically:

Mama's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
LoTR game for the SNES? I've never heard of this.

Always aiming at obscurity to be different, Mama? I respect that, really. It adds variety to the rounds, for the better or worse. Anyway, as for the song, this is supposed to be pure ambiance, isn't it? I didn't expect the track to sound this good, to be completely honest. Does it not want to tell you of a journey that you shall be soon pursuing? As you wander, you take note of your surroundings, and enjoy the paradise that you're surrounded with. Pure harmony, I must say.

CL's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- This bloody boss battle theme, man. It's highly ranked to be one of dabess for me. It doesn't try to be too hard for it to be a boss theme, but it still is? HOW, NOBUO, HOW?! You can just slap this theme into any boss and it will fit. It contains that sense of hope of thwarting your foe, but you sure know that it won't be an easy task. You stand down and fight with all of your might. Gogogogo.

Gman's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
Sir, you're killing me. This track...THIS TRACK. I always look forward to it whenever I play dabess Sonic game out there. It's perfect for a conclusive battle, and actually makes Robotnik look like a threat with his new devastating machines. You can easily panic whenever this song plays because you know that the boss isn't toying with you anymore; it's time to be serious and end this once and for all. Also, R.I.P Rubberfruit.

Smash's Entry: Approval
Dat techno, man. Dat techno. For a final level, it does something unique...in fact, it doesn't sound like a final level at all. It just sounds more of something among the lines of how you must pick up the pace, or else your foe's plan will be a success, rendering all of your effort in vain. Just a"GOGOGO, SONIC" feeling, to put it bluntly.

Pik's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
Darkstalkers...another obscurity track with that smexy SNES instruments. To top it all off, it's from a game I've never heard.
Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 8 Mybodyisready
I...I cannot describe the appeal in this track, to be completely honest. Just what makes it so...good? Is it the ominous atmosphere? Although, I have to admit, it reminds me a bit of Castlevania because of this. Every segment here plays a part that just makes the track sound fresh and new every time you hear it. Just, WHAT IS THIS GAME? Ever heard one track in a game you never played which motivates you into playing it? This track does this.

Cranky's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- This is one of those tracks in DKC that you just prefer because of that perfect ambiance, man. I would gladly delve inside an abandoned mineshaft or cave and play this while I'm there. It makes it sound so bloody deserted too, with that echo. Words cannot simply describe this wonderful track, I'm sorry.

EDIT: FFFFFFFFFFFFFF- I did not notice Linko's entry...But I like it how he did not point this out to me...at all. I'll just rate it.

Linko's Entry: Approval
I can only say so little about this song. Of course, I enjoy it, but this is one of those songs that you just can't listen to unless you're playing the game. It just does not feel right.

Consome: 11(+1)
Bzilla: 7(+1)
Pik: 11(+2)
roshi:10(+2)
Zman: 11(+2)
Gman: 9(+2)
Smash: 5(+1)
Skochko: 12(+2)
Linko: 8(+1)
CartoonLink: 7(+2)
Crankeh: 3(+2)

Overall, I was very satisfied with this round.

NOW, FOR THE NEXT THEME. Not like I don't really have any idea what it'll be, though...(I really don't). I'll let this be a freebie round. Just throw in anything that you like, PROVIDE A BLOODY DESCRIPTION ON WHY YOU CHOSE THE SONG, and just have fun with it. Don't worry, I have something special saved for the last round, so I haven't ran out of ideas.
EDIT: I'll be more descriptive(Strict) in this round. You will NOT post a song from a series that was already posted in this round, for the sake of variety. Also, Zelda is still banned.

EDITEDIT: After thinking this through, I decided to go with something very bizarre. You can choose any song of your liking, BUT, it must be a YTPMV (Youtube Poop Music Video) of the song. I'll rate it based on how it sounds. Zelda is STILL banned, btw.
I.E of what I want:

Last edited by MarioWorldHacker on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:11 am; edited 4 times in total

Pikmintendo

Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:07 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

also, Inb4 nuclear octagon

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
Kaz

Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:10 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator

RandomConsomePanchi

Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:11 am

RandomConsomePanchi

Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 8 2427309780
I will not lose......
No...
This....THIS
IS THE THEME
OF THE FINAL BOSS
OF THE INTERNET
NOW BE GONE
ALL OF YOU
You can't compare to the awesomeness that this video contains.
THE SHEER TERROR!
IT IS A GAME ITSELF!
INCOMPARABLE TO ALL!
Unless you get Ronald Story
Thankfully, that one got removed.
Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 8 2923796508
Oh
And this
Spoiler:

Last edited by RandomConsomePanchi on Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

zmanrwks

Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:16 am

zmanrwks

Skochko

Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:01 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
I find this sort of unfair, because I didn't know what YouTube Poop was (well, almost). Still, I found this. Beware the forest Peters.

Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 8 Theodore-ted-buckland-esq-26622

Smash

Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:40 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

Of all the YTPMVs this is my favorite.

roshipower

Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:45 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

i really know close to nothing about YTPMV, so i just went through a bunch at random and found this, but i feel similar to skoch about this round

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Bzilla56

Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:21 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

Tetris+Pony=Epic Sauce.

Last edited by Bzilla56 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Crankeh

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:46 am

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
I also know nothing about YTPMVS, so I really just picked the best I could find.

Linkodude43

Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:53 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

I don't really know what Youtube Poop is.... so I chose the Stupidest Video Game song remix I could find.

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
CartoonLink

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:05 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

This is win.

MarioWorldHacker

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:35 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
For this round, the entries' rating description will be short...very short. I really had to paraphrase.

Pik's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
Auto-win. This is clearly one of Zumspeedboi's finest works. In fact, it's a joy to listen to this again. The pitch levels go with the main beat of the song perfectly and it doesn't abuse many sources to recreate a song that we all still love. *Best Cry Ever*

Gmans Entry: Approval
I'm not sure if it's because of Khil, but is by far the best YTPMV of RR I have heard in quite some time. Them pitches, man. However, this isn't perfect. I feel like the mentioned pitches could've used some finer tuning; they just suddenly stop. If they had an "echo" effect, then this would sound better.

Consome's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
NO. CONSOME. WHY?! You speak the truth by saying that this is a game itself. Oh, the times that I tried to dodge the Ronalds using only my mouse cursor without pausing the video. Is it even possible? Regardless: I cannot give this a low rating for my own sakes. It has enough variety for it to be the perfect Ronald source for this particular theme. Also, them visuals.

Zman's Entry: Approval
Dat Running Hell. I have to say, I don't find this to be the greatest source for this particular track. Sure, it's TF2, but it just doesn't have that spice. I can say that it's catchy but I think you could've gone with a much better one.

Mama's Entry: Minor Approval
It's a bit unfair to give you this rating, but hear me out. I will clearly beware these Peters because of how unappealing they sound. Quite frankly, I'm not enjoying this one simply because the pitches are just not as loud as they should be. Not only that, but it just needed more sources for it to actually sound like something that I would like to listen to often.

Smash's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
Why do I feel like this just gets better by the second? How does it accomplish to pull off so much variety into one track? HOW?! Let me make a comparison and a statement here. I do believe that YTPMV can be a pleasure to listen to if it's simple too, but this makes this much more complex, demanding much more. This manages to pull it off quite nicely, actually.

Roshi's Entry: SUPER APPROVAL
There is something that I really love about this one. It isn't it marvelous variety, or how it sounds overall, but just how it sounds very similar to the original. It tries to simulate the same instruments that were used for Rusty Bucket Bay's theme, and it did so very well.

Bzilla's Entry: Minor Approval
Your entry is undeniably the tripy-est of them all. But personally, I think it highly relies more on the actual song than on the sources that are being used here, which I really don't like.

Crankeh's Entry: Disapproval
This made me think if I was really using the term YTPMV correctly...or is it simply this vague? Personally, if I was unsure of what I was looking for, I would've listened to the others entries first than to post something irrelevant. Then again, I can't really blame you.

Linko's Entry: Approval
I didn't expect you to use this one, at all. I would be enjoying this so much more if the "MAN" part wasn't so overused. In fact, this track lacks a bit variety. This doesn't stop it from sounding good, though.

CL's Entry: Minor Approval
Honestly, I would've gone with the other songs that you found over this one. I didn't want to tell you which one was better because that would've been unfair for everyone else. Anyway, I just think this song is more of a filler than anything. What I mean by this is that I don't feel as if much was done with this. Not only does it get tiring, but it also gets boring. It's not even that catchy.

Consome: 13(+2)
Bzilla: 7(0)
Pik: 13(+2)
roshi:12(+2)
Zman: 12(+1)
Gman: 10(+1)
Smash: 7(+2)
Skochko: 12(0)
Linko: 9(+1)
CartoonLink: 7(0)
Crankeh: 2(-1)

I apologize in advance for the inconvenience. I didn't think most of you wouldn't know what a YTPMV is.

Finally, the final bloody round. I was looking forward to this from the very beginning.

The final theme is...
Spoiler:

zmanrwks

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:16 pm

zmanrwks
No. I can't. I just can't.

Listening to the tracks, I seriously cannot find one that stood out - in a sense of sounding appealing to me, or differentiating itself from the other tracks. And I KNOW some fool will call me biased, but I really don't care. I legitimately did not like any track, and I don't feel like I can make a choice. I like to pick and use tracks I like, and put some thought into, not just half-ass it. Even when I chose a track for the obscure music category, I genuinely liked the track I picked despite hearing it for the first time. I simply refuse to put some random song from there for the sake of putting a song in.

And so, with this, I will instead post music from Iji, because I haven't yet. Let this song motivate the rest.

I accept my Disapproval with pride.

MWH, DON'T change the criteria of this round just because I'm bitchin' about it.

As for the rest of you, good luck.

CartoonLink

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:24 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

It gave me an eargasm. What else? Um, it sounds really neat, definitely proud of Koji kondom for spiking this one up. It just has a mysterious feel to it that not many other music producers other than every race of Kondom's can do.

Bzilla56

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:29 pm

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

Why I choose this one? Because I really didn't care for the other songs. at all. They're not bad, but they're not good, IMO. But I think I choose this one just 'cuz it kinda sounded like Kirby music, which is pretty good. However I think this was just MWH's attempt to get us all to be Toe Hoe fans.

RandomConsomePanchi

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:37 pm

RandomConsomePanchi

Ah....yes...
This theme...the very first one I chose from the beginning of this round
FITTING
Seeing how I will now end with the song that I first started out with!

Ah...yes...I know that MWH has a huge preference for this song. Indeed...I do
But that does not sway my opinion of this being one of the greatest tracks I have heard, especially out of this entire playlist. MWH and I are known to hold many interests in common, and this rating is my own.

Ah...this song. The intro...yes...a slow start.
A suspenseful feel to it. This is it. The final showdown.
Slowly, but surely, the intensity rises still.
ZUN, you musical genius. He has done it once again. From the depths of his mind he was able to craft a masterpiece that exemplifies the sheer essence of intensity, suspense, and climax!

The piano...the melody. The excellence. As the song progresses, you feel the tension build up within as you feel the presence you seek. You are nearing the end...but a wall stands before you! A wall...in which YOU MUST PIERCE!

Ah...yes indeed. So beautiful...there are several times I would like to point out
0:55-1:18 This segment is one who's melody persists through the song...now remember it...as it will return...only to impress you further.

1:19-1:31...it is a section which is repeated and used to instill this feeling of confrontation. But it is only amplified with the sound of climax starting at 1:32-1:44! The trumpets! Their sound rings through the air sending shivers down your spine! What you are about to face shall be the toughest challenge yet!
THEN THAT FINAL CLIMAX AT 1:45! THE TRUMPETS SAY IT ALL!
They sound out the fighting spirit within as you are surrounded by an unspeakable aura of sheer power! YOU ARE THE STRONGEST!
YOU CAN DO THIS! YES YES YES! Woosh! ~Piccolo

2:10-2:32 THERE IT IS AGAIN! The lovely piano melody in which we were so delighted in seeing the first time! Yet...it has returned even stronger! IT HAS RETURNED WITH A POWERFUL VENGEANCE! THE TRUMPETS EMPHASIZE THIS INCREASE IN POWER, SERVING ONLY TO INCREASE THE POWER WITHIN YOU!

Oh Zman. You so silly. I need no other song BUT THIS ONE ITSELF!
It drives my spirit, it pumps my blood! I am empowered and inspired to persevere through all life's challenges! Let this be a song of inspiration against the darkest and evilest obstacles in life! Whether it be the travesty that is school, or the terrible deeds done unto you by others ignorant of the good that lies within. This song...it has it all.
The suspenseful intro. Will I make it? Will I survive?
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR?
The playful and tense melodies. This darkness toys with me...and I am giving my best. Yet...there is more than meets the eye. Beneath this image of a person
Lies a force not to be reckoned with
Lies an infinite spring
Of ultimate
Power
THE POWER TO PIERCE THE HEAVENS!!!!!!!
Never give up! Never despair! There is always a way!
All you have to do is try, and the door shall be opened unto you...

This song deserves the ultimate rating of
⑨ Buckets of 4.5 Milk out of 42 Sky Sharks

Ultimate Beat The Track - Page 8 Tumblr_lyzz13vg5o1qerg1w
PROBLEM!?
I THINK NOT!

Pikmintendo

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:46 pm

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

ah yes
this
this is most certainly my favorite theme from fairy wars.
Why, You ask? because, it's a perfect balance of that mystical fantasy feeling, and battle music. when ZUN composed dis, he had in mind a final boss fight that didnt take very long to get to, so he made it not like a normal final boss theme would sound, but instead made it something much more magical and conveying of his ideas.
Also, Faily wars.
That is all

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
Smash

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:13 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Panchi, you chose the same song as Bzilla

Anyway, here's my choice.

This song, THIS SONG. It's the song of all eargasms. And it fits Marisa so perfectly. This song has the conclusiveness that I love. When it comes to video games music, songs that are very conclusive usually turn out to be my favorites, and this is no exception. I feel the fate of the world in danger so strongly that I want to shoot a magical bullet. When ZUN composed this song it was... it was.....

Now to Zman. I have one thing to say.

Spoiler:

Anyway, while I was far from victory it was fun, who ever wins gets a cookie.

Last edited by Smash on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

Bzilla56

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:21 pm

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
Smash wrote:Panchi, you chose the same song as Bzilla

It's ok, he's allowed to. MWH said so.

MarioWorldHacker

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:21 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Smash wrote:Panchi, you chose the same song as Bzilla

If you weren't allowed to use a song if someone had already posted it, why would I just add 10 songs to the playlist when clearly there are 11 participants?

Smash

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
ooohhhh yeeeeaaaahhhhh

-Gir

zmanrwks

Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:07 pm

zmanrwks
Smash wrote:Now to Zman. I have one thing to say.

Spoiler:

You're just jelly.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum