Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Linkodude43

Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:04 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I liked this round zema cheers

I decided on this song because it starts slower and ends slightly faster. This is related to acceptance because someone doesn't just go from depressed to fine. It's a little somber at first, representing when they are accepting the fact, then it slowly gets a LITTLE bit more happy and faster, along with adding more elements to the music, representing the person's life getting back to normal.

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
roshipower

Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:19 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I feel as though the idea of what acceptance should sound like could be very broad. I decided to go with a song that initially sounds like you are giving up, as in you are no longer denying the truth willfully, but then sounds rather triumphant afterwards because you finally accepted the truth, and nothing is bothering you anymore

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
RandomConsomePanchi

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:19 am

RandomConsomePanchi
Too easy

Bargaining is said negotiation between a buyer and a seller. They haggle each other over a set price or established payment until they come to an agreement. Simple, right?

Not when it comes to the 5 stages of grief. This is a process where we come to accept the devastating terms that comes to one's life. Bargaining is more of a desperate plea in order to escape one's situation, when in reality it is futile. Futile. FUTILE. The tug of war between life and death.

An desperate struggle between HOPE and DESPAIR, with an utterly hopeless verdict.

CartoonLink

Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:38 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
RandomConsomePanchi wrote:Too easy

Bargaining is said negotiation between a buyer and a seller. They haggle each other over a set price or established payment until they come to an agreement. Simple, right?

Not when it comes to the 5 stages of grief. This is a process where we come to accept the devastating terms that comes to one's life. Bargaining is more of a desperate plea in order to escape one's situation, when in reality it is futile. Futile. FUTILE. The tug of war between life and death.

An desperate struggle between HOPE and DESPAIR, with an utterly hopeless verdict.  

Although inspirational, you're a day late on posting and therefore does not count.

Skochko

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:19 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Sorry, Canadian laws do not apply here.

Kaz

Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:50 pm

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator
Angry

Can you not feel the anger in this retro song?

zmanrwks

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:01 pm

zmanrwks
This round was fucked up.
Here's a nice song that I really like and you should too:

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 6 Jz4m2eQ

BZILLA: Because of Sean's withdrawal, some people will be judged similarly to how the first two UBTTs were judged: good entry is +1, not good entry is 0, and no competition. Bzilla's entry for Denial gets him... a point! The song itself convinced me it was worthy, but the lyrics were the kicker that solidified it as a great entry. Hell, I could see this working for 3/5 of the stages, but definitely is powerful for denial. +1 for Bzilla.

MWH v MAMA

MWH: Ah yes, the classic "angry white boy" music choice. Not gonna lie, I dig this song a lot... I mean, for the category, it fits well. Very angry. It works. Solid entry.

MAMA: I looked at it from your point of view. Thought about it for a bit, then I began thinking about Attack on Titan because I just finished that show and it's hella good. Then I thought of this song over an intense Eren moment from the show. And it worked. I felt the anger. I get what you were doing. You took a risk but I think it payed off.

While I like MWH's song better to be honest, Mama's conveyed anger much better and more interestingly. +1 for Mama.

SMASH v KEN

SMASH: ...I'm not sure. I'm trying to look at all angles to see bargaining but I ain't seeing it.

KEN: Now THIS... THIS is bargaining. The struggle of life and death, as you described it, perfectly fits this song and the idea of bargaining. Not gonna lie I wasn't sure how to think bargaining should be judged, but this definitely convinced me what to think. Good job.

Ken gets +1. Don't worry Smash you still got +1 from bonus point.

WIIFAN v HYDRO

Now... oh boy... well, I've said that I was going to kick Hydro out of UBTT4 if he didn't post for this round, which he didn't. I'm going to keep my word and kick him. However, unlike Sean who dropped out this round, Hydro was still participating technically... this means... wiifan wins... with his amazing entry.

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 6 FWV0mYy

ROSHI v LINKO

ROSHI: This entry is powerful. Being able to stand up to the truth... accepting it for what it is... and becoming better for it... that is acceptance. This song has those traits to it that justifiy acceptance and stuff... good entry.

LINKO: This entry is powerful, too... but for different reasons. Actually, this song, especially how you described it, kinda describes the whole 5 stages... how it starts depressing but ends on the powerful acceptance later. This song definitely emphasizes acceptance, and it's so beautiful and perfect for this.

Linko gets the point for this.

CL v SIR

CL: This kinda reminds me of Linko's entry, about how this song not just describes acceptance very well, it also covers all 5 stages. Unlike Linko's, who had a more beautifully happy song, this is beautifully depressing... but it's perfect of accepting what dark thing is about to happen.

Shit, I did yours and Linko's entries back to back and I feel really bummed out.

SIR: I feel some anger. I also feel like this entry is boring as fuck. Sir, your magic is running out.

CL gets a point.

BONUS POINTS: As stated, bonus points are being given to Smash and CL for contributing to the original, shitty round 6 topic.
However, with Sean gone, 4 wonderful points are going to waste... so, I'm giving one extra bonus point this round, and saving the other 3 for future bonus points possibily... and this round's BONUS BONUS POINT goes to... KEN for having an amazing theme for bargaining that even I didn't know how I should judge.

STANDINGS
MAMA: 3
KEN: 6
SIR: 5
SMASH: 3
MWH: 5
LINKO: 4
CL: 6
BZILLA: 4
WIIFANBOI: 502
ROSHI: 6
HYDRO: dropped
SEAN: dropped

ROUND 7

THIS ROUND IS THE FUN ROUND AHAHAHAHA

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 6 ZML6WZh

This round will fuck some of you up. This round will be fucking fun for me.

For this round... you get to pick any song. Any fucking video game song you want. But there's a catch...
I'M PICKING THE ONES I LIKE THE MOST
THAT'S RIGHT
TO WIN THIS ROUND YOU NEED TO PICK A SONG THAT PLAYS TO MY TASTE
YOU NEED TO WIN ME OVER WITH MY BIAS

REMEMBER YOU CAN STILL ONLY USE VIDEO GAME MUSIC THOUGH MOTHERFUCKERS

DEADLINE WILL BE SATURDAY THE 20TH. POST BEFORE MIDNIGHT ON THAT DAY EST.

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 6 6J8miJG
ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 6 Y5zvYHU

CartoonLink

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:37 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

This is my favourite track in Pikmin. I love the area as a whole, watery, but relaxing... until those fuckers come at you. This track provides me with happiness and relaxation crowding my mind. When you feel the good vibes from this music, it puts you to your happiest memories as a child. Need to replay Pikmin now, thx Zema.

Skochko

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:07 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
In your face, Marishka!

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 6 Happy-Dance-GIF

Kaz

Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:11 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator

RandomConsomePanchi

Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:43 am

RandomConsomePanchi

It's already been 2 years since UBtT2....and 2 years since I dared you all to explore the bias of my being. Now, the tables have turned. And yet, the delayed decision has continued to yield more and more results that aren't anything related to the true victor.

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 6 E664b4b8b89b68d8f729e0996dc1312b
I was going to go with something a little bit more creative and in depth in terms of exploring Zman's taste in music and bias instead of the game itself, but instead I remembered this goldmine and had to go for it.

Been a while since I've listened to this song too. Freaking amazing.

zmanrwks

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:03 am

zmanrwks
WOOPS i forgot to post the matchups!

ROUND 7 MATCHUPS
VERSUS
WIIFAN v SMASH
ROSHI v KEN
CL v BZILLA
LINKO v SIR

ALONE
MWH
MAMA

Skochko

Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:15 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
I remembered you liked it when I posted Mudvayne in UBTT3, so I'm going with a similar approach. The first thing that crossed my mind is my favourite song from NFSU2, so here you go. I also vaguely remember you saying you liked Rise Against, but it may have been someone else. Either way, you better like this song.

Linkodude43

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:34 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

I have no clue what your taste is, take this.

Skochko

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:52 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Linkodude43 wrote:I have no clue what your taste is, take this.

You posted Ezio's Family like ten times in BTT, lmao.

Wiiboii

Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:36 am

Wiiboii
Yoshi Egg
Yoshi Egg

4u <3

Linkodude43

Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:29 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Skochko wrote:
Linkodude43 wrote:I have no clue what your taste is, take this.

You posted Ezio's Family like ten times in BTT, lmao.

But the question is: have I done it this time, gonna go check.

Edit: Haven't used it gggg

MarioWorldHacker

Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:52 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Screw you.

roshipower

Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:57 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Bzilla56

Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:01 pm

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

zmanrwks

Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 pm

zmanrwks
I liked this round.

WIIFAN v SMASH

This is incredible. Smash didn't post meaning Wiifan gets the point. His song was technically legal anyway, but he wins regardless. However because Smash seems to not have been online in the past few days, I might give him the chance to win this point back.

Maybe Wiifan is just so good, Smash didn't even bother. +2001 to Wiifan.

EDIT: Smash posted, his song is better, Wiifan gives up a point to Smash. Wiifan gets to keep 2000 though.

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 6 2jFQWPN

ROSHI v KEN

ROSHI: MMMMMMMMMMMM YES Kirby music is fantastic and this song is fantastic this is one of the best Kirby songs hella fine job.

KEN: WOW KEN YOU ARE AN EVIL GENIUS it's true I still really love this song and it's still one of my favorites but then you have to fucking screenshot the post I made in UBTT2 you're mad with power.

I have to give it to Ken here, his entry was #powerful.

CL v BZILLA

CL: Pikmin music is always very nice also I like this. It's soothing and soft and calm and is fitting for the game and I like this game and song good job.

BZILLA: Ah yes this is industrial as fuck but I like it. I dig it. It's like Marilyn Manson up in this bitch. Good song.

Of course this round is about my biased and this is tricky. Do I go biased towards Pikmin or biased towards metal? I'm feeling Pikmin tbh. Bzilla's song is good but it's not super amazing. CL's is super amazing.

LINKO v SIR

LINKO: Eh not feeling it.

SIR: Yea I'm feeling it.

Sir gets +1.

MWH: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yes this is good. It's kinda like Bzilla's but... something about it is more epic to it. But I really like this and I really like Binding of Isaac and its soundtrack so this is worthy of +1.

Also you're a little bitch.

MAMA: Well you're right that I like Rise Against. In fact they're in my top 5 favorite bands. In fact this is one my favorite songs by them. Sure you get a +1.

BONUS POINTS: First bonus point is for KEN for basically cheating. Second bonus point is for MWH for being a little bitch. Third bonus (I'm giving an extra this round and next two to give away the points Sean had) for Roshi for having a BALLING entry that lost to Ken cuz he cheated.

STANDINGS
MAMA: 4
KEN: 8
SIR: 6
SMASH: 4
MWH: 7
LINKO: 4
CL: 7
BZILLA: 4
WIIFANBOI: 2502
ROSHI: 7

Ken has lead be careful

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 6 ZCd53lF

ROUND EIGHT MOTHERFUCKING MOTHERFUCKERS

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 6 Yodu0uT

I'm gonna be blunt and this round, inspired by MWH, you're gonna post the WORST FITTING MUSIC.

Post a song that does not fit the topic. Your song MUST BE WHAT THE TOPIC IS NOT. And every matchup gets a different topic their song must NOT be.

WIIFAN v SIR: VIOLENCE
MWH v CL: LIFE
KEN v BZILLA: PLEASURE
MAMA v LINKO: TIRED
SMASH: HOLY
ROSHI: PERFECT

DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 25TH
LISTEN TO THE ABOVE SONG BTW IT'S A LYRICAL MASTERPIECE

Last edited by zmanrwks on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Smash

Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:54 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Round 7

Round 8

Now, what is the opposite of holy? Something demonic, ominous or just plain creepy. So I give you the song that changes the entire mood of one of the most inocent (on the outside) looking series.

This song was in my nightmares for two weeks when I was 7.

Last edited by Smash on Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

RandomConsomePanchi

Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:41 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
Pleasure. What is pleasure? Is it the desire we seek that makes us tingle inside? Pleasure is the euphoric sensation where every single nerve on our being rattles with a heavenly presence. Then that raises a very important question.

What is...the opposite of pleasure?

Pain

We avoid pain. We hate pain. It makes us fear, and it scares us to death. We will do whatever it takes to escape pain's icy and uncomfortable grasp over our lives.

Pleasure is a hard earned treasure
Pain is a despised commodity

Pleasure is found at the world's most extreme and difficult to get locations
Pain is just around the corner

While we seek pleasure to be happy and release ourselves into bliss
Pain seeks us to break everything we are

I originally said that the opposite of pleasure was pain. But pain is so....limiting....in fact. My first idea of an entry juxtaposed the idea of pain being opposite pleasure since it was the theme of a character who found PLEASURE WITHIN PAIN...like masochists such as MWH (Not really)...so...what is the true antecedent to our dream's desire?

Discomfort? Misery? Apathy? Nothingness? No feeling whatsoever?
I say that these are all components of the essential being that opposes pleasure. It devours your happiness, that which is produced by pleasure. It dissolves away any feeling of warmth or comfort that you have, essentially leaving you with a void of feeling or emotion. Ironically, you still feel this absence of human essence.

So, what is this identity we seek?

That to which we lose our very human soul and become empty shells of nothing.

Nothing but the very fabric of our nightmares....the thing we want least.

Last edited by RandomConsomePanchi on Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:09 am; edited 2 times in total

Skochko

Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:55 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
I won't be able to post until the 26th. I have an important exam on the 26th. Maybe I find some time tomorrow, but I doubt it.

CartoonLink

Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:33 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

This is the exact opposite of life. What is the exact opposite you ask? Well, it is non-life, or efil. jk is death

Also, Zema listen to the whole thing to get the whole feel of it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum