View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

RandomConsomePanchi

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:56 am

RandomConsomePanchi
FREAKING
FANTASTIC
As I was about to complete rating all these, THE ENTIRE REVIEW WAS DELETED
So here is my quick summary of what I said for all these songs:

Zman: Amazing song. Responds well to the topic. The rising sun represents the rising power within HAHAHA let's move on

Zman had the power - +2

Bzilla: A nice song really. Not spectacular, but the trumpets help maintain this powerful feeling along this steady beat.

Bzilla felt the power - +1

MWH: This song sounds like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Yet the power not only within oneself but the power to move on is present in this one.

MWH had the power - +2

CL: A stellar song, one which makes use of all kinds of situational power as said before. An enormous task, an incredible feat, a powerful beast. It has it all.

CL had the power - +2

Smash: A powerful rock song with a powerful inspirational message to POWER you through the fight! TOHOHOHOHO

Smash had the power - +2

roshi: This theme fits. It's powerful and majestic. But it seems to lack that powerful OOMPH which most of the other songs have. It's still good.

Roshi felt the power - +1

Pik: WHAT A GLORIOUS SONG FOR YOUR RETURN FROM TUMB-I mean. I freaking love love love love love this song and this game. Bias aside, the sense of power is present here. Although the intensity might not be present, the starting strings that climb up and down in a steady yet frantic pace and urge to stop the world from crumbling apart.

Pik had the power - +2

Sir:
Powerful in the sense of the overwhelming situation, and the freaking fact that you are out ranked by this incredible force and man with his powerful belief in his ideals. Outstanding.

Sir had the power - +2

Linko: This sounds like a bloody credits theme, what the fu- WOAH. The intense build up and the speed increase gives this theme a really nice boost...or POWER

Linko felt the power - +1

Mama: Mama, I shall ignore "Bitch MWH" and allow you to keep your first entry. I have MANY Star Wars games and it appears in that same format. A VERY intimidating and fearful song to represent the range of power that the Sith Empire has amassed, with it's deadly and merciless commander, Darth Vader.

Mama had the power - +2

Together, we fight to protect Castle TND from the evil forces of Baltosfaaaaa-
Zman - 2
Bzilla - 1
MWH - 2
CL - 2
Smash - 2
roshi - 1
Pik - 2
Sir - 2
Linko - 1
Mama - 2

Speaking of He-man...the next request shall be much different.
Not related to He-man.
http://consomepanchi.tumblr.com/post/26408517178/chains-of-black-part-1
Take this excerpt and read it. Find a song that you feel fits this scenario best.
GO
Things are going to get more interesting now...
Forgive the delay as well. My mother has had surgery and I have been assisting her around the house, along with several responsibilities that I have throughout this week. There shall no longer be a delay anymore.
I...promissse

Pikmintendo

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:18 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

Last edited by Pikmintendo on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
Bzilla56

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:17 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
www.youtube.com/watch?v=THdRs7grqhE

roshipower

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:37 am

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
what i have here isnt necassarily final (unless start to judge, then what's there is to be judged)

Last edited by roshipower on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:57 pm; edited 5 times in total

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
zmanrwks

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:30 am

zmanrwks
This may or may not change if I feel like I have a better choice.

I feel this song captures the desperate need the main character needs, as well as the horrible conditions of the desert. It's also fitting for the conversation he has with the other person; “Yes…for today…it will rain blood."

MarioWorldHacker

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:30 am

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
I wanted to go with Departure, but I wanted you to listen to something unheard of.

As the song title implies, it starts off with feelings of sorrow, emptiness, and isolation. As it progresses, a small ray of hope shines upon the user as he approaches the desolate town in hopes of survival.

Skochko

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:54 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
I posted this song a long time ago for BTT.

The first part complements the sad, struggling part. You're all alone, trying to reach for something you don't even know if exists. That said, it also gives out a bit of a cherish vibe, which gives you a glimmer of hope and pushes you forward.
The second part is when you reach your destination, only to find out that the dark times are coming. There's nothing you can do but wait...

I don't know. I may have misinterpreted you (seeing that many previous entries are a bit on the lighter side), but that's how I saw your little story.

Smash

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:36 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

Kaz

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:26 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator

I was told today was the last day, I've been busy with Kirby, TF2, QC, and Paper Mario. Lastly i bought this game during the sale. As i was playing i had the chat opened and I thought

Fuck it no explanation. No I choice to not try hard this round, teh games need to be played.

Hydrocannon2727

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark

Sir Ken, I'm here in place of Psy, by unanimous vote

CartoonLink

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:48 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

This is the best possible choice. Next time make a fucking theme or I refuse to post.

Linkodude43

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:44 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I chose the following vgm, because that chapter struck me as creepy. It started a bit slow (Not slow as in bad, slow as in not dangerous or suspensful) and the way I visualized it was a misty setting where you feel like something is watching you, stalking you even. Right around 1 minute and 7 seconds is the part where the person would hear the "It will rain blood," part. ALSO, I second CL.

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
Hydrocannon2727

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:15 pm

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark
Has everybody posted yet?

zmanrwks

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:22 pm

zmanrwks
Ken is Valve-ing.

Linkodude43

Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:07 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I thought he said at the end of the last round we weren't going to wait for people anymore.

Hydrocannon2727

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:10 am

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark
Ken, less Valve-ing, more posting on this topic, damnit.

zmanrwks

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:19 am

zmanrwks
Linkodude43 wrote:I thought he said at the end of the last round we weren't going to wait for people anymore.
He said he wouldn't delay it, but he did.

Lucky he did delay, because you would've missed the 3-day limit and lost points for it.

Linkodude43

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:08 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Whew, lucky me xD

Hydrocannon2727

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:27 am

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark
Linkodude43 wrote:Whew, lucky me xD
Indeed sir, next time, be moar punctual... Or else.

RandomConsomePanchi

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:12 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
It's official. I am Valve. Let's get to the entries

Pik - The beginning intro is genius as it brings upon the listener a foreboding feeling of darkness and such. It then transforms into one more based upon the foundation of stealth and fear of being caught then one of destruction and inner conflict.

Rating of 52/0 = 0

Bzilla - Yes, it fits a desert like area. But I didn't just want songs that focused merely on the setting itself, but on the situation and turmoil that lay between the lines and the dialogue of the character and the darker and fearful voice that lay within. This song is one more of adventure and hope and overcoming the great obstacles and becoming triumphant. Not one of shadows and dry intense heat intensifying the delusions of one's disturbed mind.

Rating of Birdemic / Nuts and Bolts = -1

Roshi - FINALLY! A BREAKTHROUGH! The solemness of the character is perfectly exhibited through this song. The sadness and despair. The hopelessness of the situation. It's perfect....EXCEEEEPT for the fact that it maintains a sense of innocence through the lullaby-like parts of the song. That takes away from the entire scene with the song, unfortunately. Besides that, perfect.

Rating of Uncharted 5 / Square Root of Miyamoto with Bananas = 1

Zman - Words are unable to describe the perfection that lies within this song combined with the words on my short excerpt. You explain it yourself Zman. Quite nicely as well. The darkness. The sadness. The harsh environment around the character. The foreshadowing of terrible things to come. It's all there. It's perfect. No...it's not perfect...it is the ULTIMATUM OF PERFECTION

Rating of 4.5 Milk = 2

Here, have a prize for being the best entry this round:
Spoiler:

MWH - Zman brought change to the entries. No longer were you all focusing on the environment alone, but also the character and the development that was taking place within. You, MWH, helped push this along. You captured the solemness perfectly of the situation, and as well with the slight hope in arriving at the town. But you didn't capture the part of the voice and the bloodshed foretold to arrive. However, since in your description you only specified what you wish to describe, I shall give you a generous score

Rating of 4 Milk = 1.5

Mama - You too was affected by Zman's brilliant entry. You too posted something worth of great value and excellence. You focused on the scene perfectly. You summarized it better than I could. You analyzed it and brought forth a song that rivals Zman's in comparison. It harbors all the elements of the scene...I just...I JUST CAN'T

Rating of 4.5 Milk = 2
You too win
Spoiler:

Smash - My gosh. This song is amazing. The piano alone symbolizes the sadness and despair of the song. The title itself is just right with the character. Daily agony indeed...it's as if you read my Internal Struggle series! I mean what. Besides that, it's perfect. Although you didn't touch on the desert theme, it's fine. Crossing itself is but part of the "daily agony" the character faces, and for that I salute you.

Rating of 4.5 Milk = 2
You win a prize also, but not as amazing as Mama's or Zman's
Spoiler:

Sir - HOLY FREAK I START THIS SONG AND LIKE WHAT? THIS SONG IS BLOODY HELLISH...like the very remnants of what good remains in the character....ahahaha....AHAHAHAHAAHAHA....this....THIS IS GENIUS. THIS IS A MASTERPIECE. THE QUIET THAT FOLLOWS THE CHANTING IS THAT OF THE SEEING OF THE TOWN AND GOOD GOSH THIS IS FANTASTIC AND THEN THE AMBIANCE AND JUST AH
Perfect.
Rating of 4.5 Milk = 2
Spoiler:

Hydro - A new challenger appeared. Since you are behind, I shall give you a 1 as score for the previous round. The entire thing is just...what? I don't even...Hydro. How does this exemplify the meaning of the excerpt? The trials and tribulations of the character? I ju-wait. What's this? The...the final part....yes...that...that is more like it! The silence...the emptiness...the ambiance...yes...the dark screams echo throughout....heheheh...ok...you pass

Rating of Nonspecific Action Figure / Nostalgia Critic = 1

CL - But what is the problem with a topic such as this? This opens up interpretation to the piece itself. In fact, all you needed was to harness a song that would fit the piece itself. Find out how it made you feel and the mood it expresses, and find a piece that works with it. But your complaining has gotten you somewhere at least. Once again the ambiance does work in your favor, but it's not...that great. But it's not a failure either.
Rating of CL is not a Troll = 1

Linko - The beginning was just lolwat. But then the creepy eeriness went into effect. But then the xylophones came back and somewhat ruin the mood I guess you could say. The random moaning doesn't help by the way. But I must agree that I could see at 1:07 that line being mentioned. I find it to be genius in fact.

Rating of 4 Milk - 1.5

Zman - 2 + 2 = 4
Bzilla - 1 - 1 = 0
MWH - 2 + 1.5 = 3.5
CL - 2 + 1 = 3
Smash - 2 + 2 = 4
roshi - 1 + 1 = 2
Pik - 2 + 0 = 2
Sir - 2 + 2 = 4
Linko - 1 + 1.5 = 2.5
Mama - 2 + 2 = 4
Hyrdo - 1 + 1 = 2

Ok then. This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But now the question remains...
UBtT2 - Page 2 Tumblr_m4v8488EzV1qerg1w

No, but I delay further...speaking of delays...I have been valving this UBtT2. Haven't I? And since this is Round 3...I guess I should make it appropriate. Portal is one of Valve's most recognized titles. GLaDOS is the villain in the first one. Her character is one of cruelty, merciless, genius, witty, and even insane. And she's a robot (TECHNICALLY A COMPUTER SHUT UP)
So...get me a song that exhibits on of her traits and is electronic in a sense. It may be an techno song, or a song that exhibits electronic sounds. The choice is yours, but you must have one of those traits mentioned above.
And sure, use Portal music if you want. But that's not as exciting now, is it?

CartoonLink

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:38 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

If you don't give me a rating of 2, you're brain dead.

roshipower

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:42 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

This song i feel portrays GLaDos very well i think, it gives a sense of fear and intimidation, from a merciless, cunning, and insane enemy. It is also very ELECTRONICY

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Skochko

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:21 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator

This is not entirely what I think you want, but your request is a complete gimmick, so I approached this differently. K.K. Slider sounds like an 8-bit country version of Glados. This song has nothing to do with cruelty, wit, or any specific attribute of Glados, but I went a different way here and I hope you like it.

Now I'm leaving for Montenegro! Farewell.

Smash

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:23 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

MarioWorldHacker

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:56 am

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Smash, I saw that entry coming from a mile away.

roshipower wrote:

This
song i feel portrays GLaDos very well i think, it gives a sense of fear
and intimidation, from a merciless, cunning, and insane enemy. It is
also very ELECTRONICY

Roshi, your entry is wonderful. You even used capitalization and punctuation, dooming us all. Good job.

As for mine, I wanted to take an environmental approach. Therefore, I present you with this.

Since I'm sure you've played and beaten Portal 1, I can also assure the fact that you've gone through the Rattman Areas during the last chapter of the game. During these sections, GLaDOS' true character was revealed for being the sadistic, insane "robot" bent on going to such extremes for the sake of testing. The "dark" tone here is what I would like to call her true nature. Like I said, don't expect something upbeat or anything, it's all about the ambiance, which I personally think fits well for Portal's atmosphere. It also sounds "electronic-ish", if I may add.

On a side note, I can guarantee this would fit during the fore-mentioned Portal sections; do not deny it.

On another side note. Inb4 Sir dissing me for posting Metroid.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum