The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 19 of 39]

RandomConsomePanchi

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:44 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
No, it's totally fine. You can't rush judging. The judge themself must determine the rate at which they judge, or else they'll do it quickly and won't do a good job as they're supposed to.

MarioWorldHacker

Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:16 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Bzilla's entry: Lol, spy. Yes, yes...this track expresses a feeling of tension and it slowly rises. Although it's not exactly something that I would call espionage; it lacks the cautious and passive soundings that really signify the essence of one being sneaky, someone who could be in this very room. It could be you...it could be someone in this very room! It could even be...!-shot
8./10

Zman's entry: Although a good entry, I do think that it only sounds "sneaky" in a few sections of the track. The rest just doesn't sound entirely appropriate. It also gets just a tad repetitive during some of these sections as well. However, it does get you in the mood to be sneaky.
7.5/10

Gman's entry: I really expected a MGS track to be pulled off, then again I wanted one in the first place. I like it how it keeps the pace slow, suggesting to proceed with caution and try to remain undetected by the enemy. Just make sure that they don't see your footprints...or walk around with a box.
9/10

Roshi's Entry: Personally, I think Perfect Dark did a better job in espionage-based tracks than Goldeneye. With that being said, I do think that this track suits this theme pretty well; not only does it meet the criteria that I keep mentioning(cuz redundant), but it also invokes that feeling that you're the one behind this sneaky operation. Of course, I'll leave out the last section of the track, seeing as how it only plays when you're detected...or so it seems.(I never really got that far in the game)
8.5/10

Bzilla: 6 Pts
Zman: 3 Pts
Roshi: 4 Pts
Sir: 5 Pts

LAST ROUND. Make it count
Theme: Overworld
Submit something that suggests a vast and huge terrain waiting to be explored.

Bzilla56

Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:26 pm

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

zmanrwks

Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:26 pm

zmanrwks
This may or may not count.

roshipower

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:16 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
WHY DID I ALREADY USE ZELDA MUSIC?CURSES!!!!

nah im good with this Smile

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Kaz

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator
Well i lost, but it was fun. Here's my entry:

Just imagine it, a big grassy land, with a sun shining, or whatever

RandomConsomePanchi

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:59 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
Best way to win a BtT with MWH as judge: Metroid.
GG guys, GG

Linkodude43

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:20 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I know the perfect track...

Am I allowed to post it, even if I'm not playing?

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
Skochko

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:22 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
If everyone posted in this round, you may.

Linkodude43

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:37 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Skochko wrote:If everyone posted in this round, you may.

Okay, so now I can't get in trouble

If I were playing in this round I bet this one would've won :3

Ironically, this is the "Underworld" theme XD

zmanrwks

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:08 pm

zmanrwks
linkodude43 wrote:

Ironically, this is the "Underworld" theme XD

Icwutudidthar

Linkodude43

Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
But seriously, MWH, even though I'm not playing, can you rate it too?

Also, Skoch, could you update the participants list?

Skochko

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:26 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
There's nothing to update. MWH didn't rate the entries yet, so we don't know the winner.

Next round:
- Smash
- Skochko
- Linkodewd
- Kipmintendi

The one after that:
- Panchi
-
-
- (?)

Smash

Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:57 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
This is probably the longest I've ever waited for it. (Not that I have a problem with it)

MarioWorldHacker

Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:59 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Bzilla's Entry: This track...it sounds very immersive. I do also think that it invokes a feeling for adventure, in which case is necessary for an over-world. I can already imagine the wonders that are to be explored by both the protagonist and the player him/herself. The choice of instruments here also contribute to these factors. A very fine choice, Bzilla.

8/10

Zman's Entry: Although very catchy, I fail to see why I would choose this song as an over-world theme. Even though I know where that thought comes from, it really doesn't sound like something that yells out an adventurous feel.

6/10

Roshi's Entry: *insert spasm here* This song...THIS SONG, MAN. Truly, this is what I've been looking for. This bloody track has everything when it comes to an over-world. It welcomes you to a vast world that awaits to be explored by an individual, provoking you into progressing with enthusiasm and a sense of ADVENTURE. Words cannot fully describe how perfect this entry is. Roshi, I am impressed.

10/10

Gman's Entry: I swear, I really need to point out the rules here...As of now, I'm going to reinforce additional rule #7 : "You cannot make an entry of a track of a series that has already been used in one set of a round." I'm forgiving you this time, but don't let it happen again. This is applied for everyone. Anyway, as for this song, I really don't get much of an over world feel. It lacks the immersive-ness that Bzilla's entry has, along with the urge of exploration that Roshi's had. It has more of a welcoming feel to it.

5/10

TOTAL SCORE:
Bzilla: 9 Pts
Zman: 4Pts
Roshi: 9 Pts
Sir: 5 Pts

A tie, eh? Well then, let us settle this.
The theme? Give me something from MegaMan. Any series will do (except for Battle Network & ZX. And no, you cannot use the Intro Stage Theme from MMX. I'm being strict, I know.)

As for Linko's entry, I might as well rate it as well.
Linko's Entry: Despite the fact that it says UNDERWORLD, I bloody love this track, almost as much as Roshi's. I swear, the theme for this round really emphasizes on that adventurous feel that I've been looking for. I really don't want to sound redundant here, though. Regardless, Linko, you can just slap this track into any over-world and it would instantly fit (I think so, anyway). A very fine choice.

9/10

Smash

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
You should have said don't do Dr. Wily Stage 1 either, knowing how frequent it is.

Skochko

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:04 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Please finish this already. MWH, try to rate faster in the future.

Bzilla56

Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:30 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

zmanrwks

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:43 am

zmanrwks

I do not accept defeat!!!

Skochko

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:57 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Zman, while the odds are astronomical, you cannot post a song before the actual participants post their entries, so you can avoid posting the same song before them. This is only a tiebreak, which you are not a part of.

roshipower

Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:57 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

im not sure if im aloud to post this as bzilla used megaman 2 music as well,if thats the case, i would like to be aloud to post another entry

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Smash

Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Metalman, BEST THEME EVAH!

zmanrwks

Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:05 pm

zmanrwks
Skochko wrote:Zman, while the odds are astronomical, you cannot post a song before the actual participants post their entries, so you can avoid posting the same song before them. This is only a tiebreak, which you are not a part of.
It was a for-the-hell-of-it post.

MarioWorldHacker

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:30 am

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Both entries are from MM2? I'm okay with this, really. It'll be pretty hard to judge too...

Bzilla's Entry: Them...lasers...I never looked forward to this stage back when I played Megaman. However, one thing made me keep on going, despite the fact that I had to go through frustration, and was this stage's wonderful theme. It's packed with the sense of speed and motivation that you experience as you fall down inside that vertical shaft. And then...Quick Man happens. *insert rage here*

Roshi's Entry: This is the stage that I always picked first, and the bloody music was the reason why. It's awfully catchy and absolutely catches the feeling that you're playing what we call a Megaman game. The song also goes with how the stage's gimmicks work, making it more enjoyable. However...this entry cannot beat Quick Man (or Airman loljoke) since I am personally more tied with that one instead of this.

Meaning, Bzilla = WINRAR!

Also, Zman. If you were participating in this last set, you would've instantly won with that entry. No doubt about it.

Now, I would like to apologize for my tremendous delay on this round. To be completely honest, I need to be in the mood to rate these accordingly, analytically, and avoid bias. I'll try my best to judge faster by coordinating my time wisely in the future.

zmanrwks

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:31 am

zmanrwks
Sign me up, Scotty!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum