Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Sign me up, niggurs.

roshipower

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:59 am

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
im sorry guys, i dont think i can find a good amount of time to give a proper judgement, if i do, it iwll likely be rushed and meaningless, so im asking that someone else replace me as the judge for the remainder of this round

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
RandomConsomePanchi

Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:12 am

RandomConsomePanchi
Ok. That's it. I'm taking over then.
I will take place of Roshi's judging, and I am unsure how you would like to do this.
Would you want me to take over the rounds as they are now with the 3 people, or start brand new?
And for that matter, should we just do it with the remaining 3 contestants, or shall we bump someone up from the next round?

Skochko

Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:49 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Just use the same scores and continue with 3 people. BTT used to be 3 participants and 1 judge, so it will work.

Just freaking finish this already.

RandomConsomePanchi

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 am

RandomConsomePanchi
Zman - Hm. I...I hear the streets of some gang infested neighborhood with this music personally. I really don't feel the volcanic feel in which I assume Roshi was aiming for. The guitar riffs help I guess, but it just doesn't stand out honestly. Sorry.
The intro man. Just listening to it reminds me of the fan made Minecraft commercial where the kid punches the gangsta's face out for a block of diamond.
With his bear hands.
Bloody hacker.
5/10

Pik - CALLED IT.
Ok. Now this. I personally believe that the percussion and drum beat is a huge factor in determining the "volcanic" and "heat" a song can provide. Now, there are obviously many other examples that can prove this statement wrong, but it's just an opinion honestly. It has a nice steady beat to it, with an unearthly chanting. Definitely not heavenly. So what's left then to the origin of this chanting?
Morshu.
9/10

Bzilla - Holy freak. When I saw this post I knew I was done for. This is a genius example of a "hot and lava-y" place. Volcanic. It contains a slight resemblance to the desert theme, but only the part which emphasizes the heat and desolation. Again, there's that steady drum that just fits brilliantly. And the organ is it? I can't really define it, but again. It's unearthly, and just playing through that roller coaster brings back good memories.
10/10

I've also adjusted the scores to fit if it were a 3 player match from the very beginning.

Zman - 4
Pik - 8
Bzilla - 6

Forgive my poor judging quality by the way. I needed time to get into the "mood" and thought process of a judge and away from that of a contestant.

Now for the final round. Give me a song...a boss battle. Yes. One that represents the embodiment of hell breaking lose.
I want...
CHAOS
DISORDER
DESPAIR
INTENSITY
Like the very depths of my mind I mean what
As you face a foe so terrible and evil, that if it were to be unleashed upon this world it would stand no chance.

Go!

CartoonLink

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:58 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

There you go. I SUCKED MAMA'S DICK!

Bzilla56

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:05 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

This one popped into mind.

Pikmintendo

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:22 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Hahaha,

telepathic speaking

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
zmanrwks

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:40 am

zmanrwks

RandomConsomePanchi

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:28 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
This judging round will be very sloppy and shown in pictures due to me just wanting to get this over yet and wanting to not judge in a good long time so I can be pumped up for UBtT 2

Bzilla -
 Beat The Track - Page 29 8wAwc
I don't feel it. I mean, it's a good song. It's more inspiring and adrenaline pumping then one of complete OPPRESSION and chaos
Although I enjoy it, it doesn't match the category that much.
-4*10

Pik -
 Beat The Track - Page 29 Chu
YOU KNOW I LOVE THIS SONG!
But preference aside, I shall judge based upon the requirements of the topic.
The build up is excellent. The violins and the LATIN CHANTING! GOOD GOSH! It's bloody unbelievable. Truly a hellish theme. Truly a song that matches the intensity, the suspense, the evil that swirls about in a great firestorm destroying all in its path. Simply amazing.
But needed more OPPRESSION
⑨{10}

Zman - As I listened to this song....
 Beat The Track - Page 29 Tumblr_lx13sz0cFP1qktq5eo1_r2_500
And as it progressed...
 Beat The Track - Page 29 Tumblr_lye2dz9mQK1qf4qtio1_500
THIS! GENIUS!
The orchestra at the beginning made me expect MUCH less, category wise of course. It has that evil touch to it, yes indeed. But I asked myself, where was the chaos? The intensity? The OPPRESSION?
AND THEN THOSE GUITARS HIT
Holy FREAK THAT WAS GREAT
This. Intertwined with the choir chanting out the evil one's name...JUST
*mental breakdown*
THIS IS EXCELLENT

10=10

However....there was one entry that stood out from the rest.

Beat The Track - Page 29 Tumblr_lyttveNsBU1qe9r2fo1_500
All jokes aside, I should've posted this as the example. I was listening to this when I came up with the category, and it was bad of me in not providing something close to what I wanted more of.
But in truth, Zman hit it closest to what I wanted.

Pik - 11
Zman - 9
Bzilla - 7

Pik! YOU'RE WINNER!
CONGRATULATIONS!
Good job on the other contestants. Good show
Sorry for the various inconveniences throughout the entire round. I hope you enjoyed

FOR PLAYING!

Skochko

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:28 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Panchi, don't you want to be signed up for the next available round?

Next round:
Judge: Pik
- Linko
- MWH
- Skochko
- Smash

The one after that:
- Cranky
- Coco
- Bzinga
- Zacharias

LETS GO!

Last edited by Skochko on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:02 am; edited 3 times in total

Bzilla56

Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:40 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
sign me up for the next available round please.

zmanrwks

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:38 am

zmanrwks
Sign me up also.

Pikmintendo

Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:27 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

I have some very good Ideas for this round...

We shall start off with a medieval theme of sorts, in a dark sort of sense. but aside from sounding very Gothic, I want some ambience in it, like you're fighting Dracula, for example. Basically a medieval fantasy type theme, something fitting of a classic castlevania game boss fight. That being said, I'm also banning castlevania from this particular round

now, impress me, go

edit: because skoch,

"goth·ic

   [goth-ik] adjective

( usually initial capital letter ) pertaining to the Middle Ages; medieval."

Edit 2: Im tired of this. every single time I judge BtT someone seems to have a problem with how I describe my requests, or just ignore my specifications completely, even when Ive made it perfectly clear what I meant. I will clarify on my requests as much as possible in order to have a healthy game, but from here on I simply refuse to argue with any of you.

Last edited by Pikmintendo on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:26 pm; edited 5 times in total

zmanrwks

Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:40 am

zmanrwks
I'm not in this round, but I'm posting this. I needed to as soon as I saw the word "medieval".

Spoiler:

Skochko

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:04 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Pikmintendo wrote:We shall start off with a medieval theme of sorts, but aside from sounding very Gothic, I want some ambience in it, like you're fighting Dracula, for example.
Okay, so you edit the post to prove what? Me being dumb? I just said that you should have never wrote "medieval" in your post.

Like you said, by medieval you precisely mean the Gothic age. Let's say that I don't even care that you basically said that the Gothic era is the whole part of the Middle Age, not a small part. First of all, there's no such thing as "medieval Gothic music". Gothic art is mostly architecture, painting and sculpting.

Then you tell me Castlevania's music is medieval. Okay, the organ part is influenced by lord Dracula and stuff, but the electric parts must be pure medieval, don't they? Then I simply asked you if you wanted pure classical music or something that sounds like Castlevania and you cleared it out, but that's not the point.

The point is, Castlevania music =/= Medieval.

Now I'll try to find a song that fits Castlevania games, like you asked in the first place.

Okay, here's my entry:

I wanted to go with Aensland Castle from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Ultimate All-Stars for originality, but it didn't seem as intense as it should, when you're fighting someone like Dracula. This should fit nicely. The intensity drops halfway, but even then it should give the desired effect. I hope you like it.

I apologize for overreacting and for taking certain things too seriously.

Last edited by Skochko on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:13 am; edited 3 times in total

Linkodude43

Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:11 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
My entry: I decided this could fit the games and this struck me as something that could go along with a fight against Dracula, also, just this music in general is great how it has a slow section, a fast area, and a recurring Melody.

Also, you said Gothic, so Gothic 3 x)

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
Smash

Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:19 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

This round was EXTREMELY hard for me because I haven't played very many medieval games. I will accept a low score.

Skochko

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:10 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Still eager to see MWH's entry :]

MarioWorldHacker

Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:47 am

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki

Get out, Mama.

Pikmintendo

Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:40 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
LET US GO FIND SCOUT

but first of all,
:y u no:

Now,

Skoch:
Despite your seeming confusion on this round, I think you did quite well. This has a lot of good medeival sounding instruments and overall middle agey feel to it, feels very questlike if you know what i mean, while still having some of that ambience.
8.5/10

Linko:
Oh now. I wouldnt say your interpretation of my request was wrong, but this isnt really what I was looking for. You took this a little too literally, and It's more of an epic than anything. I was looking for something a little more upbeat, and this is also a very short tune.
4/10

Smash:
FFFFFF- I love this theme. But as much as I do, It doesnt fit my criteria well. I was looking for something a bit darker, with more suspense and ambience, this is more just like running through a castle.
5/10

MWH:
 Beat The Track - Page 29 Theydontmakeemlikecoolspotanymore
THIS MAN. This is a perfect example of what i was looking for, medieval instruments, ambience, suspense, fighti....ness... This is exactly the kind of thing I'd want to hear in a middle age set RPG, or platformer, or any type of medieval set game. However, the only complaint I have is that while it is a good medieval theme, It is maybe just a bit repetitive

Beat The Track - Page 29 Thumbs_uppatchy
9.5/10

Skoch - 3
Linko - 0
Smash - 1
MWH - 5

My next request, i would like a theme that you feel represents the sky, a theme you would hear when walking on a world above the clouds, or on the clouds.

MarioWorldHacker

Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:50 am

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki

Saaaaahnick, go

Smash

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:14 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram