The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

hellfiredragon9

Mon May 09, 2011 1:22 pm

hellfiredragon9
Deku Scrub
Deku Scrub
Ok, so the post your requests board had requests for Sony and Microsoft updates on top of Nintendo, so here's the first Sony Update. Since I'm making it, of course it's going to be a JRPG that won't be released in English for a while (think 18 months minimum, the prequel to this hasn't been released yet in English Razz). So, without further adu, I present the 13th game in Gust Incorporated's Atelier franchise, Meruru no Atelier: Arland no Renkinjutsushi 3!!

The point of this game.... to go collect ingredients and make items to fulfill quests... Yeah I'll admit the main plot to these games are horrible and the games are essentially 1 big fetch quest, but the actual stories are surprisingly detailed and often hilarious. Plus the art is actually REALLY good, especially for an anime styled RPG. And depsite the more laid back action, which the series is known for, the battle mechanics are simple and enjoyable. I can say stuff about mechanics despite this game not being released yet because they haven't changed in nearly 15 years.

Attached is the launch trailer for the game, as well as a commercial, though both are in Japanese (as to be expected since that's where it's being released lol).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daIBgfuZO38&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I93b5k-7Ecw&feature=channel_video_title

For those who watch the first video, the 3 girls shown are (in order) Rorona from the first game in the Arland Trilogy (and the only game in the trilogy released in English so far, Atelier Rorona: Alchemist of Arland), Totori (from the soon to be released in English Atelier Totori: Alchemist of Arland 2) and finally the titular character Meruru.

Now for a small explination on the entire franchise to explain why this is referred to as a trilogy game (game 3) and yet it's the 13 game in the series. Simple explination, this trilogy is the 4th such encarnation of the Atelier franchise. The first series, the Salburg series had 5 games (none of which have ever been released in English), the Iris series had 3 (the first Atelier series to be released in English), the Mana Khemia series had 2 and the current has 3, each time a new iteration starts, the numbering starts over.

One final note: NIS America has a press conference showing their entire summer and fall release lineup on Friday, so expect me to go in depth on that conference later this week. The only confirmed games from them are Disgaea 4 and Cave Story 3D, however the worst kept secret of this conference is the highly likely event that they announce Atelier Totori (thus why I mentioned it's English localization as comming soon).

Edit for extra info: To give you people an idea of just how popular this series is, the pre-order on the limited edition of this game (which comes with a crystal paperweight and a figurine of Meruru) is sold out on almost every import site still 6 weeks from the release date. J-list, Playasia and Japan Video Games.com are all sold out.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum