You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

roshipower

Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:38 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
i prefer reviews from reviewers that review all systems,not nintendo only,their usually better,nintendo power is absolute shit

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Kaz

Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:56 pm

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator
Nintendo Power can be a bit biased, since after all, it is their company's games.

zmanrwks

Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:32 pm

zmanrwks
roshipower wrote:i prefer reviews from reviewers that review all systems,not nintendo only,their usually better,nintendo power is absolute shit
*They're, not their. Their is used for saying something is someone else's one. They're is they + are. (ex: Their store, they're going to the store)
Sorry for my grammatical naziness there Razz
Anyway, I don't mind NP's scores. Wanna call a reviewer sh!t, say that to Destructoid. Their reviews of negative games are just complaining, no reason why it is bad. Their positive reviews aren't much either though.

Skochko

Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:22 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Nintendo Power is fine, but yea, they are always giving a couple of more points to Nintendo games.
Sometimes reviewers like IGN and GameSpot can be really wrong about a game. But both of them being wrong at the same time? Not really going to happen.

zmanrwks

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:36 am

zmanrwks
2 new reviews, by Telegraph and Eurogamer. Both of them gave 90.

I know that I expected B/W to get good reviews, but I never knew so many 90s :O

Also, according to my calculator, the actual average is 87.8, rounding to 88. Maybe it will go over 90. Maybe it'll go over 93 (the highest score of all DS games, held by GTA: Chinatown Wars).

Game comes out in Europe in less then 4 hours (which by then will be midnight in the UK, aka Joe's land).

roshipower

Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:25 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
i doubt it will hit 90s,the big names havent poured in yet

zmanrwks

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:33 am

zmanrwks
Well, roshi, the big guns are beginning to shoot (diducwutididthar?)

7 new reviews. Most are 90+.

The big reviewers, IGN and GameSpot, have rated. IGN provided a (unusual) review and gave it 90. GS is the first to give it less then an 80: the score was 75. It's not bad a score really though.

zmanrwks

Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:21 am

zmanrwks
Excuse double post. Again.

Again, more reviews. We get 2 prefect scores :O
And some more 90s.
And 2 80s.

Now why aren't critics rating Okamiden? D:<

Skochko

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:15 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Because Pokemon is teh baws. Who gave it the perfect score? Gamespot kind of failed with the lower rating, but oh well. Who cares xD

zmanrwks

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:23 am

zmanrwks
Skochko wrote:Because Pokemon is teh baws. Who gave it the perfect score? Gamespot kind of failed with the lower rating, but oh well. Who cares xD
The Escapist and Gameblog.fr gave B/W perfect scores.
GameSpot's reviews are often disappointing. Super Scribblenauts 6.5 Mad

Skochko

Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:21 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Never heard of either of them lol.

zmanrwks

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:12 am

zmanrwks
Yea, we have some more scores... 14 to be exact. I would've updated sooner, but B/W... yea.

Favorite quote of the game:
Play.tm "It's the most complete Pokemon title yet and a very appropriate way to
say goodbye to your DS before the ever tantalizing 3DS emerges."

And Destructoid somehow managed to give the game 95. Incredibly shocking. Also GameSpot is still the only reviewer to give under 80. n00bz.

Also, I'm pretty sure Metacritic needs to fix the average: I doubt it is still 87.

Skochko

Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:21 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
95, holly shit. Good quote by Play.tm. GameSpot are fail noobs. They should fuck themselves.

Any more 90+ scores?

DialaceStarvy

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:06 pm

DialaceStarvy
Yoshi Egg
Yoshi Egg
Pokemon Black and White are overrated; I have to agree with Gamespot here. It's just same old, same old.

Skochko

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:51 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
DialaceStarvy wrote:Pokemon Black and White are overrated; I have to agree with Gamespot here. It's just same old, same old.
Actually, they are not. This is the best you can get for DS Pokemon. If the other games got 80+ ratings, this should be 85+.
However, Pokemon, the franchise itself, is overrated IMO.

roshipower

Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:06 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
i agree, it is overrated, i bet someones going to spaz at me now

DialaceStarvy

Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:33 am

DialaceStarvy
Yoshi Egg
Yoshi Egg
It is definitely overrated. A ton of users gave it 10 even though it has flaws. I'd say it deserves an 8.0 at best and 7.0 at worst, not 8.5 though. There is absolutely nothing new to the game mechanics that manages to give you a different experience. Before you say it, Triple Battles suck.

Skochko

Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:48 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Now tell me, does it have competition? DS is full of RPGs, but they are very different. I think that is the reason it's getting higher scores than it normally would.

roshipower

Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:57 am

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
personally i found b/w the first pokemon game to be impressive in a while,not like ZOMG AMAZING,but better than expected

TheBlueYoshi

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:43 am

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
DialaceStarvy wrote:It is definitely overrated. A ton of users gave it 10 even though it has flaws. I'd say it deserves an 8.0 at best and 7.0 at worst, not 8.5 though. There is absolutely nothing new to the game mechanics that manages to give you a different experience. Before you say it, Triple Battles suck.

Honestly, it's not overrated, just overhyped. Have you played the game yet?

Skochko

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:50 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueYoshi wrote:
DialaceStarvy wrote:It is definitely overrated. A ton of users gave it 10 even though it has flaws. I'd say it deserves an 8.0 at best and 7.0 at worst, not 8.5 though. There is absolutely nothing new to the game mechanics that manages to give you a different experience. Before you say it, Triple Battles suck.

Honestly, it's not overrated, just overhyped. Have you played the game yet?
He played both Jap and Eng versions lol.

zmanrwks

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:26 am

zmanrwks
Dial will be Dial.

3 more scores. And possibly the best quote I have seen yet (by GameFocus)

"Pokemon Black/White isn't bad by any means, but it isn't anything you
haven't seen before either. It's just prettier and more intelligent than
its predecessors."

DialaceStarvy

Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:35 am

DialaceStarvy
Yoshi Egg
Yoshi Egg
Even if it is "prettier and more intelligent", I found it to be fairly boring. Maybe asking for a new element of gameplay is too much, I don't know.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum