The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

zmanrwks

Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:25 pm

zmanrwks
Yes. B/W is the most Preordered game in America. 6 weeks before launch, there are already 0.76 million preorders, and it is expected to go over 1 million soon enough.

Quote from VGChartz:
VGChartz wrote:Pokémon Black/White Version (DS) pre-orders continues to outperform every other game by a significant amount, as it adds 155,000 pre-orders this week down from 208,000 last week. The game currently sits at a total of 759,000 and is six weeks away from launch. It is currently the most pre-ordered game in America and it beats the next closest game by a margin of 4 to 1.

These are also the most preordered games in general. The games are still selling.

Credit to Pokebeach.

Skochko

Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:27 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Lol win. Pokemon is a huge commercial success for Nintendo.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:15 pm

Anonymous
aaaaaaaaaagh i want to get pokemon black soo bad :/

Kaz

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:26 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator
Wow this is one side of B/W i didn't assume

Skochko

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:35 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Mr. GayManWatch wrote:Wow this is one side of B/W i didn't assume
Why not, the game practically got more hype than Super Mario Galaxy 2, back in the day :/

Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:49 pm

Anonymous
Wasn't super mario galaxy 2 released in the summer?

I remember there was a SHITLOAD of hype for the first one <3

roshipower

Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:31 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
lol no game was hyped up as much as brawl though

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
CartoonLink

Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:41 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I don't recall much hype for the first Galaxy... but Twilight Princess had a huge amount of hype.

Skochko

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:35 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Well, they didn't turn out as failures, weren't they? Except, I already played this game through, so I am not going to surprise myself. I won't spoil your surprise though.

All I can say is that the game was fun. Much more than Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. You should totally get it.

Kaz

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:28 pm

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator
t leans more towards of a new experience than the ds games

hellfiredragon9

Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:52 pm

hellfiredragon9
Deku Scrub
Deku Scrub
I think we need to consider what B/W is competing with in the weeks leading up to it's NA release. There really isn't anything coming out in the next 3 months for it to compete with (closest thing I can think of Ar Tonelico 3, but I'm a JRPG buff so....). Most of the major titles are either being released in July or November this year (with the biggest being in November), so a more fair barometer of Pokemon's success as an overall franchise (not just a DS franchise) will be to compare sale and preorder rates at the end of the year when the heavyweights have dropped (specifically, Elder Scrolls 5). Still pretty cool to see a 15 year old franchise first lol.

Skochko

Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:29 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Yea, DS isn't getting many games this year. Everything is focused on 3DS. There is Layton VS Wright, the new Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest, maybe a new Kirby and Okamiden for me.

Pokemon pretty much dominates...

Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Anonymous
The following sentence is an opinion.

(IMO) The new title for Kingdom Hearts sounds too... stupid. Dream Drop Distance? Sounds like a sequel to a Care Bear movie.

Yeah Layton VS Wright have lots of attention at the moment...

Skochko

Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
--- wrote:The following sentence is an opinion.

(IMO) The new title for Kingdom Hearts sounds too... stupid. Dream Drop Distance? Sounds like a sequel to a Care Bear movie.

Yeah Layton VS Wright have lots of attention at the moment...
I was referring to "Kingdom Hearts Re:coded"...

hellfiredragon9

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:57 am

hellfiredragon9
Deku Scrub
Deku Scrub
Re:coded is already out and is a port of an Iphone game, so there really isn't any hype for it.

Layton v Wright will be awesome, but it's a niche market so the sales won't be as high.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum