View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Skochko

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:29 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
* "Gayboyz" group removed
* "Staff" group in creation progress

First, "Gayboyz" serves no purpose, thus I deleted it. But way more importantly, I am starting a project for a new usergroup, called "Staff".
Staff will, hopefully, be consisted of a lot mini groups, which I will keep track of in an open thread. People that become a part of it will have stuff to do around here. I feel like you guys can all involve yourselves more into this site, thus have more fun.

Here are two examples:
- Newspeople mini group: Members of this mini group will be in charge of putting the latest Nintendo-related news on this site, which includes visiting sites on everyday basis and checking out what's going on (for example "Bulbanews"). Zmanrwks is doing a lot already, thus he should be given the Newspeople leader title.

- Graphic Artists mini group: Artists will be obligated to participate in every graphic contest. From now on, every time we change a banner, some icons, or whatever, members of this group will be notified, so each can submit their work and we'll pick the best. The leader of this group can be the winner of the next banner contest.

- Advertisers mini group: These members will find some time to let other people know about us. Being a member of this group does not mean you should spend every minute of your life on advertising for us, but when you have time, or perhaps you find people that are potential members, you let them know. It may include some mini jobs that occur once a week.

I want you to recommend me some new group ideas and tell me how you feel about this. If your responses are positive, I will make a group sign-up thread.

zmanrwks

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:27 am

zmanrwks
I like the staff idea.
Newspeople would make it seem more like a Nintendo Forum with the news updates, graphic artists would keep the place looking new, and I was a bit skeptical about advertisers, but looking at it again, it seems like a good idea.

Linkodude43

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:29 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
i dont know, newspeople doesnt sound very great, lots of people LIKE to post the news, and also it could get woncky if someone went on vacation or something, but maybe if every day of the week had a person and substitute then things would get better, like, people go on the internet alot, but im not sure they want to be obligated to go EVERY SINGLE DAY

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
zmanrwks

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:31 am

zmanrwks
linkodude43 wrote:i dont know, newspeople doesnt sound very great, lots of people LIKE to post the news, and also it could get woncky if someone went on vacation or something, but maybe if every day of the week had a person and substitute then things would get better, like, people go on the internet alot, but im not sure they want to be obligated to go EVERY SINGLE DAY
I check news daily anyway, so it's not a big deal for me.

Linkodude43

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:35 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
zmanrwks wrote:
linkodude43 wrote:i dont know, newspeople doesnt sound very great, lots of people LIKE to post the news, and also it could get woncky if someone went on vacation or something, but maybe if every day of the week had a person and substitute then things would get better, like, people go on the internet alot, but im not sure they want to be obligated to go EVERY SINGLE DAY

yeah but newsperson still kinda, you know, lots of people like to post news, and this makes the "Legend of Zelda News," or whatever its called, all news catagories become stupid because we could just have a newsperson catgory, its not a good idea, what if someone wants to post news on there own time? nope, sorry, better do it on the forum's time

zmanrwks

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:52 am

zmanrwks
linkodude43 wrote:
zmanrwks wrote:
yeah but newsperson still kinda, you know, lots of people like to post news, and this makes the "Legend of Zelda News," or whatever its called, all news catagories become stupid because we could just have a newsperson catgory, its not a good idea, what if someone wants to post news on there own time? nope, sorry, better do it on the forum's time
We wouldn't have to post news every single day. We post news when there is news. And there won't be just one person doing the news also: it will be a group of people. Plus, we don't do it on the "forum's time": I'm on a lot, so I have a lot of time to update with news.

Crankeh

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:56 am

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
Zman is right. I would be great at advertising. Razz

Pikmintendo

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:58 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I like this idea. I would definetly sign up to help with the graphical stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
Skochko

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:17 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
@ Cranky, Pik and Zeeman: Thx
@ Linko: This is not a single man job, this is a GROUP lol. If you are not interested in posting such stuff, doesn't mean everybody is. Zman posts almost all news by himself, posts the game scores, etc. At least he should get an official title.
Also, you understood it all wrong. It is not a newspeople category. We won't open a new forum for this group. If you find some Zelda-related news, of course you are going to post it in the "Zelda News" category.

All groups will be united into one usergroup, called "Staff", but it's the mini group that decides your job. There will be a single thread, in which I will post updates and keep you guys updated about this. I won't open any forums...

Do you guys have any ideas about the new groups?

zmanrwks

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:50 am

zmanrwks
My only idea was like a "Security", where they tried to keep peace and give warnings, but it sounded too much like Mods/Modcops.
Another one I had was someone to look after the outhouse, since it is most likely to get out of hand (I called them "Janitors"), but I found it redundant.

roshipower

Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:07 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
sounds great,sadly i has no ideas Sad

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Skochko

Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:39 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
zmanrwks wrote:My only idea was like a "Security", where they tried to keep peace and give warnings, but it sounded too much like Mods/Modcops.
Another one I had was someone to look after the outhouse, since it is most likely to get out of hand (I called them "Janitors"), but I found it redundant.
Moderators and Admins are taking care of the forum. Security sounds the same, but inferior.
ModCops are moderating the Outhouse, therefore they are pretty much what you call 'Janitors'.

Linkodude43

Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
but i want to be in graphical and advertising, advertising is a great idea, no probs, but graphical i dont want to have to be in EVERY ONE, why cant the graphical wants do things like suggestions and enter at least every one in 3, also the only one i have a MAJOR problem with is newspeople, everything else is good though and i like it

Skochko

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:19 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
linkodude43 wrote:but i want to be in graphical and advertising, advertising is a great idea, no probs, but graphical i dont want to have to be in EVERY ONE, why cant the graphical wants do things like suggestions and enter at least every one in 3, also the only one i have a MAJOR problem with is newspeople, everything else is good though and i like it

Once again, the point of this is to give people some stuff to do around here. You are not obligated into joining any of these groups. They are optional, if you want to contribute to this community. If you don't, you can always be a regular member, I still appreciate it.

Newspeople will have stuff to do. Once people get more involved, they get higher positions. Why shouldn't we have more people doing what Zman is doing for months? You didn't even tell me about the "MAJOR" problem about newspeople?

Having devoted graphic artists means we will have great contests going on. If you have personal stuff going on, of course you don't have to participate in that exact moment, but the point of that group is to have higher quality contests. More people would want to improve their graphic design skills.

Linkodude43

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:28 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Skochko wrote:
linkodude43 wrote:but i want to be in graphical and advertising, advertising is a great idea, no probs, but graphical i dont want to have to be in EVERY ONE, why cant the graphical wants do things like suggestions and enter at least every one in 3, also the only one i have a MAJOR problem with is newspeople, everything else is good though and i like it

Once again, the point of this is to give people some stuff to do around here. You are not obligated into joining any of these groups. They are optional, if you want to contribute to this community. If you don't, you can always be a regular member, I still appreciate it.

Newspeople will have stuff to do. Once people get more involved, they get higher positions. Why shouldn't we have more people doing what Zman is doing for months? You didn't even tell me about the "MAJOR" problem about newspeople?

Having devoted graphic artists means we will have great contests going on. If you have personal stuff going on, of course you don't have to participate in that exact moment, but the point of that group is to have higher quality contests. More people would want to improve their graphic design skills.

okay, thank you, that cleared up any problems i had with it, if all htis applies i like the idea, only one question, can ANYONE enter the graphic things, not only graphic people?

Skochko

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:31 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Of course, you don't have to be a part of the group to participate.

Linkodude43

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Skochko wrote:Of course, you don't have to be a part of the group to participate.

after all this, i officially have no problem with the idea

5gSkyYoshi

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:38 pm

5gSkyYoshi
Administrator
Administrator
I like the concept, but I don't know of any suggestions yet.

RandomConsomePanchi

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:42 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
There should be a Consome Panchi group so they can keep my power at bay from destroying the entire forum/world. Razz

Linkodude43

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:45 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
i have a suggestion, the "spies," group, basically they go to other POPULAR forums (Not necessarily sign up) and bring ideas back here, not to shut down other forums, dont get me wrong, but to make THIS forum better

Skochko

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:56 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
linkodude43 wrote:i have a suggestion, the "spies," group, basically they go to other POPULAR forums (Not necessarily sign up) and bring ideas back here, not to shut down other forums, dont get me wrong, but to make THIS forum better
No, we are not stealing content.

Linkodude43

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Skochko wrote:
linkodude43 wrote:i have a suggestion, the "spies," group, basically they go to other POPULAR forums (Not necessarily sign up) and bring ideas back here, not to shut down other forums, dont get me wrong, but to make THIS forum better

no, not stealing, getting ideas, getting stuff thats related, not stealing, as i said, not to do any kind of shut downing, and to make it sounnd better, ill call them gatherers Smile

zmanrwks

Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:53 pm

zmanrwks
linkodude43 wrote:
Skochko wrote:

no, not stealing, getting ideas, getting stuff thats related, not stealing, as i said, not to do any kind of shut downing, and to make it sounnd better, ill call them gatherers Smile
It's not right. We shouldn't stoop so low as to spy on another forum.

Skochko

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:10 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Sorry, no. I think we are capable of thinking of our own ideas, don't you think?

Crankeh

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:16 am

Crankeh
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
Linko. That's just... wrong. We aren't dumb ffs.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum