Mimiga
Controls are gonna be used by the brain. Very Happy
Wii Successor: Project Cafe! - Page 2 Nin_wii2

Marioking

Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:40 am

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
I like the guy that posted above me.

But seriously, Nintendo are rich, yes. Microsoft is Richer and Sony has enough revenue from leading the market in gaming before the 360 came out that it can easily keep up. Nintendo has to stop being tight and fail innovative. They need to do what we love - Gaming. If CoD and other similar games can't be enjoyed on a Nintendo Console, they've lost a lot of their buyers, because everyone and their mum wants CoD.

Also, a lead Sony has is Blueray, which is actually owned by Sony, and there is no chance that they're going to allow the competition to have it. What does Microsoft do? Plans to develop something even more remarkable than Blueray. How does Nintendo respond to this? Shitty graphics and old, over milked games, i'm sorry, but it's true.

They need to be innovative, but not stupid like in the past. People don't want to exercise when they're meant to be gaming, they want to play video games like a boss.

Nintendo has to spend a fuck load of money to do one of three paths:
A) Upgrade, a lot to get to the level that Microsoft and Sony are at in terms of Graphics.
B) Work fast on Motion Sensing so that people can really get a good First Person Shooter feel
C) Both, and make the Superninja Pirate Console Hyperforce GO! The best on the market, for awhile.

Nintendo is dying, though, and they need to work fast because soon people are going to stop feeding them money.

Skochko

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:51 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Actually Nintendo isn't dying. Nintendo owns the gaming market. They pwnt their competition in sales and that is the only thing worth fighting for, in their eyes at least.

Nintendo has a huge fanbase and a lot of successful franchises. However, they need more third party support. Much better one, at least. As soon as they introduce some pwnage sauce hardware, third party developers will fight for them. 3DS is the perfect example.

As for Blu Ray, it's potential isn't used enough and PS3 is suffering. Some games just look better on the Xbox (Dual Layer) than on the PS3 (exhibit A: Bayonetta).

Nintendo has the advantage over Microsoft and Sony. Nintendo's motion controls are just superior... Investing in hardware is generally much cheaper and less complex than motion controls. Nintendo is also a company that focuses on gaming only, while Microsoft and Sony PROBABLY have a smaller budget when it comes to consoles.

Marioking

Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:44 pm

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
Of course Nintendo has own-age of the gaming Market. Aside from Halo and a few other games, Microsoft and Nintendo don't develop their own games.

Their motion sensors are good, no doubt, but I think Microsoft could do a better job. The Kinect needs no controls or anything of the sort, and it is still pretty accurate.

I agree, Blu Ray's potential isn't being used as well as it should be, but it's an avenue the Sony could go down, with a risk factor of course.

I agree, Microsoft and Sony probably have a smaller budget when it comes to consoles, however, I think that's only because they are currently being used more than Nintendo consoles. IF Nintendo does make this Nintendo Cafe better than the Xbox and the PS3, then I have no doubt that they'd invest more money to catch up.

Skochko

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:57 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Nintendo couldn't risk losing another console war after N64 and GameCube. Thus they made something different - crappy graphics, innovative controls. It obviously worked, so now they can safely invest more money in something amazing.

They milked DS to infinity and it's the second best selling console of all time (after PS2) and 3DS is not super duper mega giga awesome, but it is much better than shitty PSP (Go).

And Kinect? It sucks. Target age of this shit is 0-10 and not even those kids enjoy playing it. And in a few months, it is going to cost just as much as Wii (when it's price drops to 150$). Move is alright, but it is also too late to do anything for Sony.

zmanrwks

Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:49 am

zmanrwks
I have 2 things to say: good news and bad.

Good news: That wasn't a docking station (that's one less mystery to solve...)

Bad news: I just lied, there is no bad news, only more good news. The Wii 2 WILL be showcased at E3 2011, confirmed by Nintendo. It'll also be playable.

Skochko

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:12 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
I see the controllers look somewhat like Wii Classic Controller Pro's with touchscreens... Where are motion controls in that?

zmanrwks

Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:14 pm

zmanrwks
Well, IGN has gathered all the info on the Wii 2 so far and made an article. I'll sum it up for you all.

-Tentative title of console: "Stream"
-Planned for a release of 2012, sometime April or on.
-Suggested price at the moment is $350-$400
-The publisher is teaming with AMD for its graphics processor, developing a chip featuring a custom version of the R700 architecture. Cafe's CPU will be coming from IBM, this time a custom-built, triple-core IBM PowerPC chip
-Significantly more powerful than 360 and PS3
-1080p HD graphics, 3D possible
-Cafe's main controller will feature dual analog sticks (which apparently are not staggered) and a d-pad, plus shoulder and face buttons. Where this design deviates from the norm is that it contains a six-inch tablet-like screen in the middle, which cannot only be used for displaying menus or gameplay, but is touch-capable.
-This is not a replacement for the Nintendo 3DS, and while we know the controllers are wireless, there is likely some sort of limit to the console's signal strength as well as the portability of this functionality.
-Wii and GameCube game support
-Wii Remote and GameCube controller support
-More info at E3 2011

Discuss what you think.

RandomConsomePanchi

Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:39 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
It better have gamecube support. But it doesnt matter really, i still have mine. Razz
But so far it sounds pretty nice. Hope they do an amazing job with this.

OH! And how WILL Wii games that require sensor bar motion be played? Will there be a slot for the sensor bar as well?

5gSkyYoshi

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:53 pm

5gSkyYoshi
Administrator
Administrator
Looks like we'll have to wait for E3 for more details on this. o=

Skochko

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:42 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Yep. Since it's COMPATIBLE with previous games, it will support motion controls. Compatible means they run as they are, not ported, which is awesome.

Hmm, this is interesting.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum