The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

hellfiredragon9

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:19 pm

hellfiredragon9
Deku Scrub
Deku Scrub
As the title says, 3 lists in 1! First, Fall 2012 top 5 (of which 4 are ongoing), then 2012 Top 10 list, then Winter 2013 Anticipated list.

Fall 2012 Top 5

5. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!:
Funny, good character development, and enough plot to make it enteraining. Overall good show, but it is sometimes hurt by its use of filler (considering the novels at the time of debut had 1 volume).

4. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (ongoing): A trend will start here, as the top 4 series are all ongoing. This one was a pretty good comedy, with decent plot, and just the right amount of randomness. 2nd half should be more of the same.

3. Robitics;Notes (ongoing): 5pb and Nitro+ teamed up again to make this game originally as a successor to Steins;Gate (which was a successor to Chaos;Head). More mystery, more humour. Pretty good series overall. More the same with the 2nd half expected.

2. Shinsekai Yori (ongoing):
Would have been #1 if not for episode 8, which was the single worst episode of any series in 2012. The rest of
the series is phenominal though, so it's still on the list. Awesome expected for the 2nd half.

1. Psycho:Pass (ongoing): From the twisted brain of Urobuchi Gen (Fate/Zero, Madoka Magica etc) comes another twisted character drama. Very good show, should continue into the 2nd half.

2012 Year End Top 10! (In brackets is the airing season(s))

10. Sword Art Online (Summer/Fall 2012):
If this were on an anime site, I'm sure I'd get ripped to shreds for not putting this at the top but I don't care! First cour was decent, 2nd cour was below average (Fairy Dance to be fair, isn't a great arc anyway). Thus 10th.

9. Saki Achiga-hen - Episode of Side A (Spring 2012, Winter 2013, Ongoing): Crazy mahjong anime with a boatload of moe girls. What's not to like!

8. Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! (Fall 2012): See above #5

7. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (Fall 2012, Winter 2013, Ongoing): See above #4

6. Robotics;Notes (Fall 2012, Winter 2013, Ongoing):
See above #3

5. Kokoro Connect (Summer 2012, Fall 2012): Supernatural character drama. Pretty good overall, plus it's Kyoani, who can do no wrong!

4. Shinsekai Yori (Fall 2012, Winter 2013, Ongoing): See above #2. Would have been #1 if not for a really, REALLY bad 8th episode.

3. Psycho:Pass (Fall 2012, Winter 2013, Ongoing): See above #1

2. AKB0048 (Spring 2012): Idols in Space! Surprisingly good character drama, despite the premise. Great character designs as well.

1. Fate/Zero 2nd season (Spring 2012): Easily the best story, great art, etc. I've raved about this before, it's awesome.

Winter 2013 Anticipation List! (Note only series premiering in Winter 2013 considered)

5. GJ-Bu:
Hilarious sketch comedy based on a light novel about a school club that.... well lets hilarity ensue!

4. Kotoura-san: Based on a manga about a girl who can read peoples minds, and gets suckered into joining her schools ESP club because of it. Suprisingly dark for a comedy at times, but it has promise.

3. Amnesia: Could be a hit or miss. Based on an otome game about a girl who loses her memory thanks to a stupid fairy crashing into and shattering her soul (of note, I HATE ORION!). REALLY dark, but still showing good promise.

2. Maoyuu Maou Yuusha: Economics, demons, war, romance... where have I seen this before... Very similar to Spice and Wolf, but equally awesome.

1. AKB0048 Next Stage (2nd Season): First season was the suprise of the year in 2012. 2nd season promises even more drama, which is awesome!

Logan

Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:06 pm

Logan
Olimar
Olimar
HFD, you know a shit ton about anime. You should do a list of your favorite anime shows and anime movies of all time. I'm kind of curious as to what you would pick.

http://www.happykatana.wordpress.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum