The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skochko

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:06 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Okay, this is part 1, since I've only gotten up to 5th badge. I'll be giving my comments about the notable changes that have occurred. Let me just say that this game is already twice as better as BW, but the fake 3D is still bugging the hell out of me.

*Note: For some reason, the screenshots are crappy-looking. I'll try to fix this.

Cities/Towns

You start out in a much bigger city than any of the previous ones. Aspertia (pic 1, 2) has a PokeCenter (though, when you fly there, you land in front of your house), a gym and some filler stuff not worth mentioning. While this is cool, since I don't know Japanese, I already found myself lost before I even got my starter Pogayman.

The second town (pic 3) is called Sangi in my game and Floccesy on Bulbapedia, but idc about names, tbh. It's a very basic town, though I like the scenery. It's not at all stupid like Oldale and that second town in Sinnoh, with the beach. It has a clock tower, a park and that orange haired (Goku style) dude has his place here, where he maybe trains students, or whatever (don't know, don't care), so, all in all, not bad GameFreak.

The third - Virbank City (pic 4) is not very pretty for the eyes, but the design is great. From there you can access some industrial complex, Hollywood-thingy and the ship to Castelia. Nothing really is important here. You see Team Plasma (Version 2. These look more like Team Rocket. The old ones appear later and they are apparently good guys now). Moving on...

Castelia and Nimbasa look pretty much the same. Castelia has sewers now, from which you can access different places, including a small patch of grass where you can catch Eevee, among other things. I couldn't bother to go there and take a SS, so you'll have to see it for yourself.

Driftveil (pic 5) seems a bit less redneck than it used to be. They added some hotels, but the market, the gym and the other buildings are still there. Cold Storage is now a place for Pokemon World Tournament. You get a Zorua from the old Team Plasma here. Irrelevant. On the pic you can see the new city name and weather indicator, which looks very sexy.

Pictures:
Spoiler:

Gyms

Aspertia Gym - The first gym (pic 1 from below) is Normal, led by Cheren (rival from the first games). The whole gym is very basic, with the entrance being a classroom and the actual gym something of a backyard practice area. Apparently, it's very new, so it's a good gym design.

Virbank Gym - This gym (pic 2) is Poison, led by Roxie, who looks familiar (probably a character from the previous games, which I don't remember). It's extremely shallow. When you enter, you are in a dirty old hall, with music playing the background, like you are hearing it from the distance. When you enter the gym, you hear everything. The gym trainers and the leader are having a jam session and the whole ambient is really awesome.

Castelia Gym - Same homo leader, but with a new Jim. It's a web of cocoons (pic 3), which transport you from one place to another. It's very big and great looking. The background music is also fantastic. Way better than those idiotic sticky honey walls from before.

Nimbasa Gym - This one has a trick. You first enter the old gym (pic 4), with the mini roller coasters and you are forced to reach the end. You even fight two trainers on the way. When you reach the gym leader place, someone random gives you a Paralyz Heal and the new gym, a bit further away in the amusement park is free to enter. It's a fashion runway (pic 5), with 3 models on your way, ready to battle you. It looks good, the music is good and the gym leader makes a big entrance (pic 6). The best gym so far.

Driftveil Gym - Sucks big time. It's a played out idea that wouldn't work since the third Gen. I did not bother to take a pic.

Pictures:
Spoiler:

Places of interest

Sangi/Floccesy Ranch - soon
Pokestar Studios - soon
Some useless avenue - soon
Hidden Hollow - soon
Pokemon World Tournament - soon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum