https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=peacful+vgm

I did Peaceful, Because I <3 peaceful music :3

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
Skochko

Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:06 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Panchi - Wow. Definitely the most original adjective. The song sounds epic, overall. 8.5/10
Smash - It's feels repetitive at times, but it's great nevertheless. 8/10
Roshi - Wow, again. This song is gonna get a high rating because I'm not judging the way it represents the used adjective (it's more disturbing rather than depressing). 8.51/10
Linko - IMO, this is just ordinary. It's not bad, but I feel like you should have gone some other way. 7/10

1. Panchi - 11 points
2. Roshi - 9 points
3. Smash - 6 points
4. Linko - 1 point

Panchey wins! Congrats! And yay for finishing the round in less than 48 hours.

Next Round:
Judge: Panchi
- Zman
- Pik
- Bzilla
- MWH

The one after that:
- Skochko
- Roshi
- Smash
- Linko

Last edited by Skochko on Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total

roshipower

Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:31 am

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
sign me uo once again mama Smile

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Smash

Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:47 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Sign me up too.

RandomConsomePanchi

Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:47 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
:aww yeeaa:
ABOUT TIME I MAKE A COMEBACK! Now...let us begin, shall we?
But first, the traditional opening with a video:

DON'T BREAK THE FREAKING RULES!

Now...what do I seek? What do my ears crave to listen to?
Listen to Zman rapping?
No. Never would I desire to listen to such an atrocity.
No...I wish to listen to....winter music. But...what do I mean by winter music? It is such a broad term that could mean many things. A peaceful snowy night by the fireplace? Or a Christmas themed song, one that is familiar with the ringing of bells and cheerful music. No...

I want a song that personifies the essence of walking down a snowy road, under a gloomy sky. The harsh cold, yet intensely chilly, is quite soothing as the gentle wind accompanies this severe environment with a lovely kiss. A reminder that amidst this setting devoid of life, you are still loved by those you fight for.
Now GO!
Basically to sum it up, a slightly melancholic and peaceful winter song.

Smash

Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:09 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
That's Panchi. Speaking from the heart is beautiful. Also lol at MMX4 reference

Linkodude43

Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:10 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Sign Meh Up Teddeh!

MarioWorldHacker

Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:14 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki

Of course, I would go with this. A bit more melancholic than it seems, I believe.

Bzilla56

Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:36 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

I could just see this playing on a winter day when the snow is starting to fall.

zmanrwks

Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:24 am

zmanrwks

Pikmintendo

Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:32 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
RandomConsomePanchi

Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:19 am

RandomConsomePanchi
:y u no:
The Harvest Moon series has some of the best wintery themes around, but never mind that.

Well, despite this, your choices were very good, so I shall begin my rating now.

MWH - Ah...a classic and probably one of the best title themes for the Touhou series in general. The beginning of the song is very melancholic, with the piano, and later on the violin, setting the mood of this theme. Perhaps it is too, harsh in this tone of depression. It misses part of the peacefulness of what I seeked, but that is only the intro. It then transitions into a slightly upbeat and cheerful song, juxtaposing the very melancholic feel I also seek, and the two bend beautifully as it goes on. It's great, but the...the intro is what ruins it to a degree. It's too "heavy", if you know what I mean. Not to say its a terrible entry, its indeed very good as it goes on. But yeah. Let's go on

Bzilla - Hmmm, Skyrim. Now, at first I had a terrible problem of being able to hear this song due to the quietness, but that's besides the point. A lovely violin plays in the background and maintains the emotion throughout the entire song. It's very peaceful, and a lovely piece for sure...but I don't feel that melancholy. The harshness of winter. In my eyes, I could see this as a piece that plays during the revival, or return of a hero long lost to the hands of darkness or even death, and plays as he walks back home to greet his friends and loved ones. Finally at peace after ending the battle. I don't know, that's just me really. It just lacks that sadness to mix in with the peace already masterfully taken care of. Still, a lovely song overall.

Zman - NOW THAT INTRO! Beautiful man. Although this song does contain a cliche instrument, the bells, its used in an effective manner. It helps with that cheerful and calming mood, while the harp and piano maintain this chilling feel. However....at 0:33....that is truly where what I was looking for is revealed. The harmony between the saddened and peaceful is born, and the violins later on! MY GOSH! They just exemplify this heavenly feel....the harshness of winter intertwines with the warmth of life. The perfect contrast of coldness and warmth...truly do I feel this would be fitting as I walked down a snowy road...and the wind upon my face....yes....truly...

Pik - Why do I get a MMZ vibe from the beginning? I'm going crazy man...well now. This song is a remake of a tune in Zelda which I can't put a name on it because I am really...um...well....yeah. Whatever. The instruments....it's highly reminiscent of Harvest Moon instruments, so that's a huge plus. But...the feeling of it...it feels too...adventurous. Not that it's a bad thing, but it doesn't match the feeling I was searchiiing fooooooor. The bells in the background add a nice touch to it however, but I just don't get the wintry harmony like the rest do. Sorry. SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LOSE YOUR LAST RUPEE?

Zman - 5
MWH - 3
Bzilla - 1
Pik - 0

Now...next category. WHAT DO I SEEK? I seek...INSPIRATION! I want to feel alive! Give me a song that invigorates one with life! The will to fight on! The will to protect one's friends and the establish justice through the land! THE VERY WILL TO PIERCE THE HEAVENS!
GO!

And if you didn't get what I meant, here's a dumbed down version of what I mean:

Bzilla56

Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:00 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
EDIT: my first entry wasn't allowed, here's a new one:

Last edited by Bzilla56 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My first entry wasn't allowed)

Linkodude43

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:03 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
RandomConsomePanchi wrote:
The Harvest Moon series has some of the best wintery themes around, but never mind that.

I was seriously thinking the same thing when I saw you requested Winter Music....

RandomConsomePanchi

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:23 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
Very true Linko, but that song wouldnt have beaten zman's ya know
jus saiyan

zmanrwks

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:55 pm

zmanrwks

Bzilla already won, though.

Pikmintendo

Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:16 pm

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Now Bzilla, I'm real happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but

also, Picture from Joeland

Linkodude43

Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
RandomConsomePanchi wrote:Very true Linko, but that song wouldnt have beaten zman's ya know
jus saiyan

I know, his was great, amazing pick for the category, super fitting with it.

MarioWorldHacker

Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:50 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki

zmanrwks

Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:02 pm

zmanrwks
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Erryone wins.

RandomConsomePanchi

Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:35 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
Bzilla - First of all, I'd like it next time to be a song that was designed for the game itself, and not just added into the game. If this one was, well my bad. Sorry. Despite this, it's a pretty kewl song, even though I'm not a fan of this kind of music. And that's impressive. While at first I didn't begin to enjoy as much, it got much better over time. I get that confident feeling off of this song, very strong one at that. But the lyrics and the rapping itself make it slightly, well, cocky. An over confident emotion at that. It doesn't exemplify the I CAN DO ANYTHING feel that I was looking for. But the song fits with that Piccolo scene, which is rofl. Bonus points for that

Zman - Gottam love this song. That intro. This is a song that I can actually see inspiring a hero to get up on his feet and go onward. Ya know what I'm saiyan? And this also fits bloody great with the video of Piccolo as well. Next thing we'll know is that the Consome Panchi theme will go with it as well. INCEPTION But like Bzilla's, it lacks that extra touch. That finishing blow that would send a chain of events rocketing toward the destiny of this one man, who CAN DO ANYTHING!

MWH - That beginning. Why is there text. NO. IZ WRONG. Lol don't worry, it's not gonna affect your score....or is it? :troll:
But as the song begins...IT FITS WITH PICCOLO TOO MAN! WHAT IS HAPPENING????
But back to the judging....it's beautifully great. Truly an inspirational song. I FEEL GREAT! I CAN DO THIS! HAHAHAHAHAHA! I want to stand up and just yell that out loud to this song. A real good pick man. Real good pik. And speaking of Pik...

Pik - Ok folks. Pack your bags. It's over from here. This round was completely owned by Pik. THIS SONG FITS BEST ON THE VIDEO ALSO! (No Im not rating due to fitting video, its just a little fun thing I found amusing in making that vid + the music I was judging)
The orchestra. The trumpets. Those glorious and victorious trumpets! I have conquered my fears, my chains are broken, and I am free! I AM NOW READY TO TAKE DOWN THE FOE THAT HAS RULED TYRANNICALLY OVER MY LIFE FOR SO LONG AND NOW IT SHALL PERISH AT MY HANDS! NO FEAT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME! I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!! PREPARE TO DIE COLLEGE APPS!!!!!!
I seriously want to yell all that. And fly.
Saying WOOSH when I do.
11 Sky Sharks / 4.5 Milk
Winrar

Zman - 6
MWH - 6
Bzilla - 1
Pik - 5

Now...WHAT DO I SEEK AS THE FINAL ROUND!? THE ROUND THAT SHALL DETERMINE IT ALL?
Hmmm....yes....YES! *keyboard*
I want CLASSIC MUSIC! No, not the harpsichord kind. CLASSIC VIDEO GAME MUSIC!
FROM THE NES ERA! Yes. I want a classic NES game song that is UPBEAT AND AMAZING! ONE INTENSE, FAST PACED SONG THAT MAKES YOUR BLOOD RUSH WITH FIRE! I CRAZE THIS FEELING, AS IF MY LIFE WERE ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T WANT A PERIOD THAT'S SILENT! I WANT IT FULL OF GLORIOUS SOUND AND 8-BIT MUSIC! ONE THAT WOULD HELP ME SHATTER THE HEAVENS AND TEAR THROUGH TIME ITSELF!
Yes, NES only. NOW GO!

Last edited by RandomConsomePanchi on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

zmanrwks

Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:39 pm

zmanrwks

Winrar'd

MarioWorldHacker

Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:47 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki

Pikmintendo

Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

OHNO
OHNO
HE'S DEA-
*later*
Ohey Pit
I thought you died
GET IT
CUZ HE'SAN ANGEL
I MADE A JOOOOOOKE
*bowling pins*

Also, while not too, lets say, exciting, I believe this entry is quite empowering and inspirational

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum