You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 14 of 39]

Linkodude43

Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:18 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Am I actually allowed to signup for the empty spot in the round after this round or am I not since Im playing right now >_>

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
Skochko

Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:00 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
You are not allowed to do it. You can win and be the judge in the next one. I can sign you up for the round after Smash's and Pik's, but that would mean you will have to pause two rounds if you don't win this one. Just wait until you finish.

MarioWorldHacker

Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:16 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Zman's Entry: Bloody hell (no pun intended), this is what I call fast-paced. The track itself expresses a sense of urgency that indirectly tells you to hurry it up. Truly a fine entry.

9/10

Bzilla's Entry: inb4 SHAUN. The track is not joking around. It gets right to the point, expressing a feeling of desperation. I do like it how the track becomes stronger as it progresses; it even starts to invoke fear. However, this isn't something that I would call "fast-paced", seeing as how it does not have a memorable charm to it.

6/10

Linko Entry: Bam, Super Meat Boy, a fine source for this theme. I find it to be very catchy while giving away a sense of speed. Although a good choice, it wasn't enough to beat Zman's.

8/10

1-)Linko-8
2-)Zman-8
3-)Bzilla-2

KK. Last Round.
Theme is...Apocalyptic

Bzilla56

Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:23 pm

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

Linkodude43

Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Even though I have never played Touhou, I heard it has a great soundtrack, so I looked at some music, found this, and THIS is what I call Apocolyptic VGM

PLEASE READ THIS: ONE THING, To get the full effect you should listen to the whole thing, it has some VERY dramatic, apocalyptic sounding parts.

zmanrwks

Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:41 am

zmanrwks

/skilled

MarioWorldHacker

Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:38 am

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Bzilla's entry: After hearing this entry (and not un-hearing Jack Black), I can't really say that this sounds apocalyptic. It sounds more of something that plays when you're slowly ascending yourself towards victory. There is no sign of hopelessness or dread. This is not what I was looking for.
3/10

Linko's Entry:...Where do I start...Linko, this beautiful track is anything BUT apocalyptic. Look, I've played these games, I know what these tracks are supposed to represent and all, but this as a track itself doesn't show any signs of a world-ending situation. Instead, it emulates a feeling of confronting an all-powerful being...a feeling of "you're almost there!". I don't recall a Touhou track that symbolizes something apocalyptic; the closest one is Utsuho's theme, but not by much.

1/10 (I stopped myself from giving you a zero and gave a 1 simply because it's Touhou)

Zman's Entry: Zman, you bloody genius. THIS TRACK IS THE BLOODY EMBODIMENT OF APOCALYPSES. It's fast-paced, it shows signs of dread, it invokes hopelessness, it signifies anguish, it represents a mighty God that only wishes destruction....and that one segment at 1:56...so bloody beautiful. This is indeed one of Nobuo's finest compositions. Let me congratulate you on a job well done; you deserve a perfect score.

10/10

Zman: 13
Linko:9
Bzilla: 5

Zman, YOU'RE WINNER. CONGLATURATIONS!!

zmanrwks

Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:43 am

zmanrwks
:aww yeeaa:

Consome, Skoch, and Roshi, time for die!

This category: A character's theme

Kaz

Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:55 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator
I'm not in, but i found the perfect theme for Zman

MarioWorldHacker

Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:05 am

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Mr. GayManWatch wrote:I'm not in, but i found the perfect theme for Zman

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS.

roshipower

Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:26 am

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

this theme is sexually pleasing to my ears

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Skochko

Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:35 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator

YAY!

Nah, Peach!

Bzilla56

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:26 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
sign me up for the next one please Very Happy

Skochko

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:56 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Next round:
- Smash
- Pik
- Bzilla

The one after that:
- Linkodude
- MWH
-

Last edited by Skochko on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

Linkodude43

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:55 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Skoch, Can I be signed up for the round after the next round?

RandomConsomePanchi

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:37 pm

RandomConsomePanchi

zmanrwks

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:51 pm

zmanrwks
No one picked Deadpool's theme from UMvC3. I am disappoint. Everyone loses. GTFO.

loljk

Roshi: A good choice, a wonderful classic! Truly fits Star Wolf.
8/10

Skoch: Eh... as a theme for Peach, it does not fit. Of course, if this was a theme in it's own right... it'd still be pretty meh.
3/10

KEN: Decent, but too "soft" for Ganon. Not fitting. But decent. Better than Skoch.
5.5/10

Roshi: 5
Skoch: 1
KEN: 3

Next round: Organ music!

roshipower

Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:02 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

never payed much attention to organ music in games, so i picked this since it came to my mind first,

Skochko

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:27 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Zman, next time PLEASE write a full sentence of description about your request. How could I know that the song actually has to fit the character? It said "A character's theme". Could be any theme about any character, fitting or now.

Anyways, I picked this awesome 8 bit song. I found a guy that just plays it on the organ and it sounds amazing. Obviously I couldn't post the original song.

RandomConsomePanchi

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:42 pm

RandomConsomePanchi

zmanrwks

Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:57 pm

zmanrwks
Skoch, I realize that was bad, sorry about that.
However, I did decide to re-rate, but then I decided not to, as the point distribution would've been the same anyways after listening to them again.

Roshi: I like it. Very dramatic and has that Banjo-Kazooie sound to it.
7.5/10

Skoch: Secks. An awesome remix that sounds pretty boss.
8/10

Consome: A wonderfully choice. It combines the dramatic awesome of Roshi's and the awesomeness of Skoch's.
9/10

Roshi: 6
Skoch: 4
KEN: 8

Finale: a song from a game released in 2011.

roshipower

Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:10 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

umad zman?(wouldve used skyward sword but zelda was taken D: )

RandomConsomePanchi

Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:19 pm

RandomConsomePanchi

Skochko

Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:16 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
♫♪ I used to want you dead, but now I only want you gone ... ♪♫

zmanrwks

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:52 am

zmanrwks
This is by far the hardest judging I have done in my judging career, which I don't actually have.

Roshi: NO THIS IS SKYRIM YOU AUTO LOSE!!!!1!1!!1!1!!
loljk
This is the definition of epic, and reminds me of totally awesome battles with guys in armor and shields and giant spears and overall it's bloody awesome.

Random: Ahaha, using my love for this game against me... unfortunately for you, I'm not biased.
I must say, this is also epic, and a truly fitting final boss theme for this particular final boss, and while it doesn't match up to some other Kirby final boss tunes like 02, it's still amazingness.

Skoch: I should've known someone would do this...
Another comedic Portal song, and both similar and different enough from Still Alive to be great. It strikes a perfect balance between both humor and serious, and as Travis Touchdown would say; "Catch as hell"

The ratings for each thing are as follows:
Roshi: 9.3/10
Ken: 9.1/10
Skoch: 9.2/10

Roshi: 11
Skoch: 7
Consome: 9

Congrats Roshi, you have just won.

Your judging begins once you say so.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next