The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 39]

zmanrwks

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:02 pm

zmanrwks
Please, I must join next round and be winrar.

Logan

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:12 pm

Logan
Olimar
Olimar
I want to join a round too, whether it's the next one or not.

http://www.happykatana.wordpress.com
RandomConsomePanchi

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:16 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
all the spots for the next round are taken up, so you'll have to wait for the one after that

Smash

Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I'll take that chance too!

Hydrocannon2727

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:54 am

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark

Bzilla56

Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:02 pm

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
I call the round after next round.

MarioWorldHacker

Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:24 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Consome's Entry: 10/10
This caught me off-guard. As I'm writing this, take note that I have already replayed this song 3 times. I can already see the dire situation and the heroic sacrifice Zero will make. Destroy or be destroyed, Zero will finally know what he is fighting foooooooooooooooor.

Roshi's Entry: 5/10
Although I do like Yoko's arrangements, this isn't her best. Sure, if this track is played along with the battle itself, it fits perfectly, but as a track alone, it really doesn't stand out.

Hydro's Entry: 8/10
Ah, FFII, I have yet to beat you. This music surely sounds as if you're fighting a huge threat and you barely stand any chance against it. Clearly it sets up a concluding fight between our hero's and the evil emperor.

RESULTS:
Consome: 11 (+5)
Roshi: 11 (+1)
Hydro: 5 (+3)

It's a bloody tie. This will be concluded with a 1 v 1.

Category: Any

I will also update the rules and such, seeing as how there is confusion.

RandomConsomePanchi

Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:40 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
Time for the big guns

Let your heart melt away with this barrage of musical masterpiece.

roshipower

Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:29 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
for the lulz

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
MarioWorldHacker

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:19 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Consome's Entry: 10/10
You have done it again, Consome. You managed to find a re-arrangement that sticks to its original, if not, it did a better job. This is very soothing, and it really describes the true nature of what Cave Story is...while you just keep on climbing, with a sense of progress and adventure.

Roshi's Entry: 6/10
Metroid music, it has never failed to be ambient. This track, being re-arranged from Super Metroid, surely helps depict the dangerous area around you, while avoiding Magmoors, Puffers, and such. Nice entry.

RESULTS:
Consome: 16 (+5) WINRAR
Roshi: 14 (+3)

Reward: (I love this)

Beat The Track - Page 2 Tumblr_lpp33pL2dP1qerg1w

Seeing as how Consome is now the winner, he shall be the next judge for the following round. The challengers are:
1. Zmanrwks
2. Pikmintendo
3. Ticky Ticky (.ty)

Consome, take it from here.

roshipower

Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:58 am

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
i knew i shouldve used yoshis island final boss theme Razz

RandomConsomePanchi

Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:01 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
1. One user requests a music piece from a video game of any category/genre
2. The repliers must then post said request.
3. The requester judges the entries and gives them a rating from 1 to 10, and optionally describes the entries.
4. The post with the highest rating gets 5 points, while the second gets 3, and the third gets 1.
5. The game is over after 3 sets of one round, and the user with the highest score, obviously, wins.

Additional rules:
*You cannot join a round after 3 users are already selected.
*Every round is limited up to 3 users.
*Only 1 entry per a set of a round.
*Don't be biased (looking at you, Zman).
*Remixes are accepted.
*You cannot make an entry of a track of a series that you have already used in one set of a round. (To prevent Touhou tracks from being spammed). This is applied for every challenger. (ie. If Cirno posts something from F-Zero, neither Zero, or Quote are allowed to post music from said series).
*If a challenger does not post his/her entry within 3 days, he/she shall be disqualified for that round and automatically earn the lowest rank. The same is applied for judges, the difference being that they will be disqualified from that wave and replaced with the last round's 2nd-in-place-challenger.
*In the case of a tie, the two challengers are allowed to post any music of any category, as long as they follow the rules.

Ok challengers. Round one's category shall be: Climax before the final battle
I'll let you interpret as what that means.
GO

Ticky Ticky. ty

Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:03 pm

Ticky Ticky. ty
Mimiga
Mimiga

klonoa wins everything im pretty sure

Pikmintendo

Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:42 pm

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
EAT THISSSSS

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
zmanrwks

Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:45 pm

zmanrwks

The song gets better as the video goes on, so listen for a bit.

RandomConsomePanchi

Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:09 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
Tickyticky- I've only heard of Klonoa once, and seen gameplay of it once too, but it was good stuff that I saw. And it has a stellar soundtrack. This theme truly has a climatic feel to it. From the darkness...there shines a light...and along it a gentle yet sharp feel from the "chimes/xylophones", IDK SUE ME, as the only hope to save the world gives their farewells/goodbyes to all they know...but still hold on to the hope that they will return victorious. However, I feel that some parts are sort of in a sense bland and "empty" of the other vibrant instruments that accompany it. Other than that, its good.
6/10
NO KLONOA BIA-wait what

Pikmintendo- Pik. Oh Pik. The first thing to come to mind was that Sanae/Reimu Gundam PV video I saw. Roflz. Aside from that fact, this is orchestral goodness right here. I can picture the "fallen" hero rise from the ashes suddenly to save his companions from the grip of the evil mastermind along with this tune, and after doing so he turns around to pummel the enemy once and for all! Truly a motivational song.
8/10
NO TOUHOU BIAS

Zmanrwks- Wow. That was low of you Zman. VERY low of you in pulling such a "dirty" play in pulling out one of the best songs ever in Cave Story. However, this is a review without bias. And it is my belief that Running Hell in its self does not serve as the theme to build up before the final boss, but acts more as a boss theme entirely, since the level is bleeding hard. However, this song twists the purpose of the original. The intro is weak in a sense and as the main melody plays I feel that it sort of kills and ruins the sense of the song, but then it goes off into its improvisation area which saves it from destruction and really adds that feeling of climatic epicness. I could just see Quote and Curly shooting down demon angels to pieces and Ballos slowly descends the stairs of death towards them as the riffs play out. Unfortunately, the "vocals" ruined the rest of it for me.
5/10
NO CAVE STORY BIAS

Tickyticky - 3
Pikmintendo - 5
Zmanrwks - 1

Keep it up guys. Don't hold anything back.
Next category shall be composed of: Darkness vs Light
Again, open to interpretation. I'm looking mainly for where the darkness devours the light and all hope seems lost, or where the light overcomes the darkness in a glorious battle, or both combined. Or something else if you interpret it differently, surprise me!

Pikmintendo

Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:26 pm

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

Last edited by Pikmintendo on Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

zmanrwks

Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:27 pm

zmanrwks
NO. LIAR. LIAR LIAR LIAR. Ok, I'll post mine. Dark vs Light?

I think of the Medic as "light" healing others in pain ("darkness").

Ticky Ticky. ty

Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:41 pm

Ticky Ticky. ty
Mimiga
Mimiga

RandomConsomePanchi

Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:58 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
Pikmintendo: Ah, hyrule castel. A the place of harmony and...wait....what is this? This once safe haven for joy and happiness has been taken over by a more sinister foe...an ominous shadow that lingers over draping a melancholic rainstorm of emotion over you...what disaster brought us to the state of ruin?
7/10

Zman: Bloody el zman that was brilliant. That choir just radiates light from the heavens as the Medic arrives over the hill casting the dark shadow over the battlefield as many comrades are falling rapidly. He is the angel that brightens up the battle! Never thought I'd say this, but epic song choice Zman. Good triumphs evil once again!
9/10

Ticky ticky: A somewhat rather depressing childlike song, the fact is that whatever hope that lay here is now gone. Devoured by the shadows that now reside in these lands...bleeding creepy too. What happened to the lush green fields and the vibrant rivers that once ran through here that are now dried up and dry? THAT is what this song represents. An inconsistency with the "mood" messes with the tone sometimes...but perhaps that just adds more to the chaos that awaits in the near future? Hmm...
6/10

Tickyticky - 3+1= 4
Pikmintendo - 5+3= 8
Zmanrwks - 1+5 = 6

Final round guyz. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Ok, now post a song that holds all feeling of
Category: WHAT IS HE FIGHTING FOOOOOOOR!????
Whether it be revenge, murder, save the world/galaxy/universe/shrine,
I don't care! Just as long that the songs exemplifies YOUR EMOTIONS AS YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU FIGHT FOOOOOR!
Basically, final battley songs. Go.

Ticky Ticky. ty

Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:59 pm

Ticky Ticky. ty
Mimiga
Mimiga

zmanrwks

Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:21 pm

zmanrwks

Spoiler:

Pikmintendo

Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:29 pm

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

roshipower

Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:20 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
nice choices, btw, i want to have a rematch with ken whenever he signs up again Smile

Bzilla56

Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:25 pm

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby
Great choices. Now we just wait for the next one to start.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum