The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

syduck98

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:34 am

syduck98
Ezlo
Ezlo
I will make my reviews into 5 classes for now. Graphics, story, gameplay,Overall and Positive and negative comments.

Graphics
I have to say, the graphics in this game are interesting. They are something very different. Overall though, i have to say the graphics are. Well. Pretty terrible.

Story
There almost ISN'T a story mode in this game. Its pretty much the same 6 levels over and over, but at different difficulties. There's a volcano, a beach, a forest , a cave and a few others. To start off you are a little rattata toy, that wants to fight in a tournament. He squeezes through the door, and gets in. He fights in the tournament, and there is pretty much no chance of winning. You get owned, get thrown out and then the doors shut sealed completely, and you can no longer get in. But look! There is a trampoline on this forest picture circle! You jump on, and run through a forest thats pretty much your level. You own everything until the game stops you with a little tutorial bubble, telling you that some pokemon that you kill can drop little versions of themselves, which you can pick up. This is the equivalent of catching the pokemon in the classic rpg style game. As the cutscene ends, you see a pikachu, which you kill and it has 100% chance of dropping its mini version of itself. This pikachu is substantially stronger then your rattata, and you can now use a different attack, besides tackle. You just keep playing through, and at the end there is a boss. This one for this particular level happens to be ivysuar. If im not mistaken, ivysuar also has a 100% chance of 'capturing' it. And thats actually it. Theres different levels with different pokemon that you can find in different levels. Once you get a pokemon with a 'power' of 100 or greater, the door to the tournament arena opens! Finally. Now once you win you are transported to a another 'level' of were you already were. Its all the same worlds, with different paths, stronger pokemon and a different variety. Its pretty much that repeated several times. The story isn't exactly a 'story' in my opinion, but it works.
Gameplay
First note that gameplay and controls will both be listed as "gameplay" Now the gameplay itself is almost the same thing every time. Its just you button mashing 1 and 2 ( on the wiimote on its side ) and killing opposing pokemon. This makes them drop these coins, that can be different sizes and colors, based on value. You can use these coins to buy moves for your pokemon, and even pokemon themselves. The game will get boring after about 1.5-2 hours of playing strait. This is one of those games that shouldn't be played on a long period of time, unless its your first time when everything seems fresh and new. Another thing that is cool about this game is 4 player action! This works good, but it can get confusing taking on mobs of random pokemon. Sadly, you cannot play this game online. the reason for this is it would probably lag severely, considering how it sometimes lags playing alone when taking on larger swarms of pokemon. Another note should be the lives feature. You have 3 lives, but this isn't to hard to keep. Considering you can switch at anytime, and unlimited amount of times.
Overall
Overall, this game is situational. It can be extremely fun, sometimes when playing with friends as you take on HUGE swarms of these little toy pokemon. This should be noted though, a small portion of people will truly enjoy this game. O
Overall this game gets 6.5 out of 10.
Positive comments- Fun game overall. Multiplayer action. A change of things from the classic rpg style games.
Negative comments- No wifi capabilities. No 'leveling up'. Poor graphics and story. Some pokemon will appear in litterally almost every level.

IMPORTANT! This game is one of the few on the wii at the moment that has a demo! if you don't feel you got enough information from this review, you can always try the demo.

Skochko

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
This game was fun at the beginning, but it got boring really soon. I like the concept, but it's only a mini game. It needs major improvements and non-My-Pokemon-Ranch-graphics.

syduck98

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:55 am

syduck98
Ezlo
Ezlo
agreed

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum