The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pikmintendo
#1

on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:15 am

avatar
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
So, I has been spending a lot of time with Paint.net lately, so i decided to upload a few of my works.
Here are a few:




So tell me, what do you think?

http://youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
MMM10
#2

on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:04 pm

avatar
Balrog
Balrog
I....I.... im speachless... the art work is awesome with Sonic and Knuckles and the art work of some of the fourm members

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrMoneyMan10?feature=mhee
5gSkyYoshi
#3

on Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:03 pm

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Incredible job on these. I'd like to learn how to do things like this. cherry


____________________________________
Spark~, Thanks Pik, for the sig.
Wings... Don't fail me now!!


Spoiler:

Electro-Award - 5gSkyYoshi
Sonic Rainboom Award - 5gSkyYoshi
Most Shocking - 5gSkyYoshi
Strongest Gamer - 5gSkyYoshi
Best Person who "Flies Away Now" - 5gSkyYoshi
Bzt!~ Thanks all who voted for me!~
Kaz
#4

on Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:57 pm

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
The outline of Sonic is showing
Like the second one
Olimar looks kinda, zmanish
Best IMO is the last one


____________________________________
Skochko
#5

on Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:38 pm

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
It is good. Not bad at all, although some pictures have blurry parts (Sonic The Hedgehog title, etc). You can make signatures, which are smaller, so you don't have to stretch the small pictures to make them fit.

I like the small one with a lot of characters.


____________________________________
k
Marioking
#6

on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:26 am


Kid Roy
Kid Roy
It's kinda boring and has a repetitive design. If you seriously want to flaunt your ability to the world at least make sure it is worth showing.

Just the truth.

Pikmintendo
#7

on Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:07 am

avatar
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Marioking wrote:It's kinda boring and has a repetitive design. If you seriously want to flaunt your ability to the world at least make sure it is worth showing.

Just the truth.
*ahem* well for one thing, paint.net has limits, i cant do what i could do if i had photoshop. for another thing, that comment is not constructive criticism, its just plain bashing. -_-

http://youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
Marioking
#8

on Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:41 am


Kid Roy
Kid Roy
The truth hurts.

If you wanted me to say "Yeah great work, you're amazing" then I could, alike the rest of the people in this thread.

If you want true assistance, then you should listen to the negative criticism more so than the positive, because the negative is what you clearly need to improve on.

Yes, Paint.net does have it's limits, and I have no bashed you for lack of special affects, etc, I have however expressed your lack of creativity in the shown pictures. In advertisement, you always emphasize the most important piece or objective in the middle, generally slightly off to the side.

However, I can say "Great Job, keep up the amazing work!", to make your ego and self esteem rise, but life isn't going to be like that. People are harsh. People tell the truth, and to get anywhere you have to realize that or you're setting yourself up for failure.

Pikmintendo
#9

on Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:06 am

avatar
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Marioking wrote:The truth hurts.

If you wanted me to say "Yeah great work, you're amazing" then I could, alike the rest of the people in this thread.

If you want true assistance, then you should listen to the negative criticism more so than the positive, because the negative is what you clearly need to improve on.

Yes, Paint.net does have it's limits, and I have no bashed you for lack of special affects, etc, I have however expressed your lack of creativity in the shown pictures. In advertisement, you always emphasize the most important piece or objective in the middle, generally slightly off to the side.

However, I can say "Great Job, keep up the amazing work!", to make your ego and self esteem rise, but life isn't going to be like that. People are harsh. People tell the truth, and to get anywhere you have to realize that or you're setting yourself up for failure.
Fucking troll.

I mean srsly. if you dont have anything nice to say, i prefer you kept your comments to yourself.

http://youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
Marioking
#10

on Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:27 pm


Kid Roy
Kid Roy
Get madder.

Also, the game.

Pikmintendo
#11

on Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:04 pm

avatar
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Marioking wrote:Get madder.

Also, the game.
I dont get why ur being like this. its not like i bargfag'd or anything.

also im not mad. Umad??

http://youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
Marioking
#12

on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:24 am


Kid Roy
Kid Roy
I'm not being like anything.
I am telling you the truth. It's not my fault that you can't handle it and resort to QQ'ing and and raging.

You're mad, it's quite obvious so spare us all the denial.

Kthnxlovubai

Pikmintendo
#13

on Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:45 am

avatar
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Okay, first of all im not raeging, second of all, im not as you say "flaunting my abilities", i sinply posted a few pieces and asked opinions. i didnt ask for what you call "the truth".

But its fine if you want to continue this arguement. all the better for my post count.

Kthnxluvutoobishgtfo

http://youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
MarioandLuigiRule
#14

on Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:18 am

avatar
Kid Roy
Kid Roy
ITS SOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Marioking
#15

on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:00 am


Kid Roy
Kid Roy
Okay, you want my opinion? It sucks ass, you should give up because you're not open to any constructive criticism and you certainly don't posses any form of real talent.

I wish Zelda was a girl.

Skochko
#16

on Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:10 am

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Pikmintendo wrote:Fucking troll.

I mean srsly. if you dont have anything nice to say, i prefer you kept your comments to yourself.
Actually, you put this up, saying "What do you think?". Then you bash him for not liking your work. I am sure you do not enjoy his criticism, but you didn't specify that those who don't like your work should not comment at all. Just saying...


____________________________________
k
Mercury
#17

on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:55 am


Yoshi Egg
Yoshi Egg
Your art isn't bad, but isn't exactly good. The first picture isn't very attractive, as the title and the main picture of sonic are blurry. The Knuckles picture is good, as far as I can see. Third picture is really weird. Pikachu has lost haf of its tail, link is blurry, so is the blue yoshi and the koopa thing. Sonic colours is also good, but some of the alien things are slightly blurry.

I look forward to your future pictures, or maybe improvements on the ones you've shown us.

TheBlueYoshi
#18

on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:55 am

avatar
Bulbear
Bulbear
Here's some constructive criticism that hopefully won't start a troll war.

The first one is classic, with the old sonic sprites and everything, looks good in my opinion. Here are the cons, The title (Sonic The Hedgehog) is blurry and you can see white pixels of erasing left on there. For some reason, (either it's my eyes and Merc's) your art always seems a bit blurry. Sonic has white pixels left, and you can see the shoe on the bottom isn't glowing like the rest of body.

Second one, this one is perfect. Nothing wrong with it yet. Knuckles is copied out perfectly, and once again classic

The third one, I don't know it's use. Is it a siggy? Anyways, despite the cleverness you posted in it, some of the pictures are once again blurry. Link and Yoshi. I know Minish cap Links are hard to post on there since I've experienced sprite problems back in my days, but it shouldn't be blurry like that

Fourth one is great as well. I love the numerous filters you put on there (I call them filters due to PS) but one problem is that the logo is stretched out, and the very bottom right corner wisp(?) is very blurry. I think you did it intentionally but it's a pain for the eyes. I thought you copied this poster, removed it's contents and added wisps, but it seems like this is from scratch so I was really impressed.

Keep this criticism in mind and you'll do great in future pictures. Everybody has potential, you just have to use it to the maximum.

5gSkyYoshi
#19

on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:41 am

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueYoshi wrote:Here's some constructive criticism that hopefully won't start a troll war.

The first one is classic, with the old sonic sprites and everything, looks good in my opinion. Here are the cons, The title (Sonic The Hedgehog) is blurry and you can see white pixels of erasing left on there. For some reason, (either it's my eyes and Merc's) your art always seems a bit blurry. Sonic has white pixels left, and you can see the shoe on the bottom isn't glowing like the rest of body.

Second one, this one is perfect. Nothing wrong with it yet. Knuckles is copied out perfectly, and once again classic

The third one, I don't know it's use. Is it a siggy? Anyways, despite the cleverness you posted in it, some of the pictures are once again blurry. Link and Yoshi. I know Minish cap Links are hard to post on there since I've experienced sprite problems back in my days, but it shouldn't be blurry like that

Fourth one is great as well. I love the numerous filters you put on there (I call them filters due to PS) but one problem is that the logo is stretched out, and the very bottom right corner wisp(?) is very blurry. I think you did it intentionally but it's a pain for the eyes. I thought you copied this poster, removed it's contents and added wisps, but it seems like this is from scratch so I was really impressed.

Keep this criticism in mind and you'll do great in future pictures. Everybody has potential, you just have to use it to the maximum.
This is pretty much what shouldve been said in the first place. Glad to see someone's using their head. Razz I see potential in these though.


____________________________________
Spark~, Thanks Pik, for the sig.
Wings... Don't fail me now!!


Spoiler:

Electro-Award - 5gSkyYoshi
Sonic Rainboom Award - 5gSkyYoshi
Most Shocking - 5gSkyYoshi
Strongest Gamer - 5gSkyYoshi
Best Person who "Flies Away Now" - 5gSkyYoshi
Bzt!~ Thanks all who voted for me!~
TheBlueYoshi
#20

on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:59 pm

avatar
Bulbear
Bulbear
5gSkyYoshi wrote:
TheBlueYoshi wrote:Here's some constructive criticism that hopefully won't start a troll war.

The first one is classic, with the old sonic sprites and everything, looks good in my opinion. Here are the cons, The title (Sonic The Hedgehog) is blurry and you can see white pixels of erasing left on there. For some reason, (either it's my eyes and Merc's) your art always seems a bit blurry. Sonic has white pixels left, and you can see the shoe on the bottom isn't glowing like the rest of body.

Second one, this one is perfect. Nothing wrong with it yet. Knuckles is copied out perfectly, and once again classic

The third one, I don't know it's use. Is it a siggy? Anyways, despite the cleverness you posted in it, some of the pictures are once again blurry. Link and Yoshi. I know Minish cap Links are hard to post on there since I've experienced sprite problems back in my days, but it shouldn't be blurry like that

Fourth one is great as well. I love the numerous filters you put on there (I call them filters due to PS) but one problem is that the logo is stretched out, and the very bottom right corner wisp(?) is very blurry. I think you did it intentionally but it's a pain for the eyes. I thought you copied this poster, removed it's contents and added wisps, but it seems like this is from scratch so I was really impressed.

Keep this criticism in mind and you'll do great in future pictures. Everybody has potential, you just have to use it to the maximum.
This is pretty much what shouldve been said in the first place. Glad to see someone's using their head. Razz I see potential in these though.

I feel like I could have gone further, but I heard Paint.Net has limits, severe ones so I decided to fix those that possibly needed help. Anyways, thanks 5goom Smile

Pikmintendo
#21

on Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:19 am

avatar
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
went on a trip for a few days. did a LOT of digital art stuff.here's some of it:

and then a few other similar things...


http://youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
TheBlueYoshi
#22

on Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:35 am

avatar
Bulbear
Bulbear
I'ma give you some weak criticism since I'm too asslazy to do a real one.

The first one is good, I like the blur feature, for some reason it makes it feel like sonic jumped from the bottom and flew that high. Looks good

Second one is just a repeat of Knuckles of the last time, just a duplications + opacity + swirl effect placed on it (btw, these terms are from photoshop, not from Paint)

The knuckles is the one I'm having a bit trouble on. The sprites are blurry, as well as the background, the noise on Knuckles isn't as well as it makes it look, but the big thing is the canyon. It looks like you got a smaller picture and resized it.

I have no trouble with the super sonic though.

Pikmintendo
#23

on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:20 am

avatar
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Made a few sig pics. (these are with the dimensions for a sig pic on Gamespot.)


http://youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
MMM10
#24

on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:28 pm

avatar
Balrog
Balrog
i am really a big fan of Shadow and i like all of them

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrMoneyMan10?feature=mhee
Marioking
#25

on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:33 am


Kid Roy
Kid Roy
The sigs are actually pretty cool.

Sponsored content
#26


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum