The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pikmintendo

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:15 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
So, I has been spending a lot of time with Paint.net lately, so i decided to upload a few of my works.
Here are a few:
Pik's Digital Art Showcase Sonicl
Pik's Digital Art Showcase Knux_exclam
Pik's Digital Art Showcase TND_Gang_updated
Pik's Digital Art Showcase COLORS
So tell me, what do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
MMM10

Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:04 pm

MMM10
Balrog
Balrog
I....I.... im speachless... the art work is awesome with Sonic and Knuckles and the art work of some of the fourm members

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMoneyMan10?feature=mhee
5gSkyYoshi

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:03 pm

5gSkyYoshi
Administrator
Administrator
Incredible job on these. I'd like to learn how to do things like this. cherry

Kaz

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:57 pm

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator
The outline of Sonic is showing
Like the second one
Olimar looks kinda, zmanish
Best IMO is the last one

Skochko

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:38 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
It is good. Not bad at all, although some pictures have blurry parts (Sonic The Hedgehog title, etc). You can make signatures, which are smaller, so you don't have to stretch the small pictures to make them fit.

I like the small one with a lot of characters.

Marioking

Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:26 am

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
It's kinda boring and has a repetitive design. If you seriously want to flaunt your ability to the world at least make sure it is worth showing.

Just the truth.

Pikmintendo

Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:07 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Marioking wrote:It's kinda boring and has a repetitive design. If you seriously want to flaunt your ability to the world at least make sure it is worth showing.

Just the truth.
*ahem* well for one thing, paint.net has limits, i cant do what i could do if i had photoshop. for another thing, that comment is not constructive criticism, its just plain bashing. -_-

Marioking

Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:41 am

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
The truth hurts.

If you wanted me to say "Yeah great work, you're amazing" then I could, alike the rest of the people in this thread.

If you want true assistance, then you should listen to the negative criticism more so than the positive, because the negative is what you clearly need to improve on.

Yes, Paint.net does have it's limits, and I have no bashed you for lack of special affects, etc, I have however expressed your lack of creativity in the shown pictures. In advertisement, you always emphasize the most important piece or objective in the middle, generally slightly off to the side.

However, I can say "Great Job, keep up the amazing work!", to make your ego and self esteem rise, but life isn't going to be like that. People are harsh. People tell the truth, and to get anywhere you have to realize that or you're setting yourself up for failure.

Pikmintendo

Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:06 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Marioking wrote:The truth hurts.

If you wanted me to say "Yeah great work, you're amazing" then I could, alike the rest of the people in this thread.

If you want true assistance, then you should listen to the negative criticism more so than the positive, because the negative is what you clearly need to improve on.

Yes, Paint.net does have it's limits, and I have no bashed you for lack of special affects, etc, I have however expressed your lack of creativity in the shown pictures. In advertisement, you always emphasize the most important piece or objective in the middle, generally slightly off to the side.

However, I can say "Great Job, keep up the amazing work!", to make your ego and self esteem rise, but life isn't going to be like that. People are harsh. People tell the truth, and to get anywhere you have to realize that or you're setting yourself up for failure.
Fucking troll.

I mean srsly. if you dont have anything nice to say, i prefer you kept your comments to yourself.

Marioking

Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
Get madder.

Also, the game.

Pikmintendo

Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:04 pm

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Marioking wrote:Get madder.

Also, the game.
I dont get why ur being like this. its not like i bargfag'd or anything.

also im not mad. Umad??

Marioking

Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:24 am

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
I'm not being like anything.
I am telling you the truth. It's not my fault that you can't handle it and resort to QQ'ing and and raging.

You're mad, it's quite obvious so spare us all the denial.

Kthnxlovubai

Pikmintendo

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:45 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Okay, first of all im not raeging, second of all, im not as you say "flaunting my abilities", i sinply posted a few pieces and asked opinions. i didnt ask for what you call "the truth".

But its fine if you want to continue this arguement. all the better for my post count.

Kthnxluvutoobishgtfo

MarioandLuigiRule

Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:18 am

MarioandLuigiRule
Kid Roy
Kid Roy
ITS SOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Marioking

Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:00 am

Kid Roy
Kid Roy
Okay, you want my opinion? It sucks ass, you should give up because you're not open to any constructive criticism and you certainly don't posses any form of real talent.

I wish Zelda was a girl.

Skochko

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:10 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Pikmintendo wrote:Fucking troll.

I mean srsly. if you dont have anything nice to say, i prefer you kept your comments to yourself.
Actually, you put this up, saying "What do you think?". Then you bash him for not liking your work. I am sure you do not enjoy his criticism, but you didn't specify that those who don't like your work should not comment at all. Just saying...

Mercury

Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:55 am

Yoshi Egg
Yoshi Egg
Your art isn't bad, but isn't exactly good. The first picture isn't very attractive, as the title and the main picture of sonic are blurry. The Knuckles picture is good, as far as I can see. Third picture is really weird. Pikachu has lost haf of its tail, link is blurry, so is the blue yoshi and the koopa thing. Sonic colours is also good, but some of the alien things are slightly blurry.

I look forward to your future pictures, or maybe improvements on the ones you've shown us.

TheBlueYoshi

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:55 am

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
Here's some constructive criticism that hopefully won't start a troll war.

The first one is classic, with the old sonic sprites and everything, looks good in my opinion. Here are the cons, The title (Sonic The Hedgehog) is blurry and you can see white pixels of erasing left on there. For some reason, (either it's my eyes and Merc's) your art always seems a bit blurry. Sonic has white pixels left, and you can see the shoe on the bottom isn't glowing like the rest of body.

Second one, this one is perfect. Nothing wrong with it yet. Knuckles is copied out perfectly, and once again classic

The third one, I don't know it's use. Is it a siggy? Anyways, despite the cleverness you posted in it, some of the pictures are once again blurry. Link and Yoshi. I know Minish cap Links are hard to post on there since I've experienced sprite problems back in my days, but it shouldn't be blurry like that

Fourth one is great as well. I love the numerous filters you put on there (I call them filters due to PS) but one problem is that the logo is stretched out, and the very bottom right corner wisp(?) is very blurry. I think you did it intentionally but it's a pain for the eyes. I thought you copied this poster, removed it's contents and added wisps, but it seems like this is from scratch so I was really impressed.

Keep this criticism in mind and you'll do great in future pictures. Everybody has potential, you just have to use it to the maximum.

5gSkyYoshi

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:41 am

5gSkyYoshi
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueYoshi wrote:Here's some constructive criticism that hopefully won't start a troll war.

The first one is classic, with the old sonic sprites and everything, looks good in my opinion. Here are the cons, The title (Sonic The Hedgehog) is blurry and you can see white pixels of erasing left on there. For some reason, (either it's my eyes and Merc's) your art always seems a bit blurry. Sonic has white pixels left, and you can see the shoe on the bottom isn't glowing like the rest of body.

Second one, this one is perfect. Nothing wrong with it yet. Knuckles is copied out perfectly, and once again classic

The third one, I don't know it's use. Is it a siggy? Anyways, despite the cleverness you posted in it, some of the pictures are once again blurry. Link and Yoshi. I know Minish cap Links are hard to post on there since I've experienced sprite problems back in my days, but it shouldn't be blurry like that

Fourth one is great as well. I love the numerous filters you put on there (I call them filters due to PS) but one problem is that the logo is stretched out, and the very bottom right corner wisp(?) is very blurry. I think you did it intentionally but it's a pain for the eyes. I thought you copied this poster, removed it's contents and added wisps, but it seems like this is from scratch so I was really impressed.

Keep this criticism in mind and you'll do great in future pictures. Everybody has potential, you just have to use it to the maximum.
This is pretty much what shouldve been said in the first place. Glad to see someone's using their head. Razz I see potential in these though.

TheBlueYoshi

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:59 pm

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
5gSkyYoshi wrote:
TheBlueYoshi wrote:Here's some constructive criticism that hopefully won't start a troll war.

This is pretty much what shouldve been said in the first place. Glad to see someone's using their head. Razz I see potential in these though.

I feel like I could have gone further, but I heard Paint.Net has limits, severe ones so I decided to fix those that possibly needed help. Anyways, thanks 5goom Smile

Pikmintendo

Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:19 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
went on a trip for a few days. did a LOT of digital art stuff.here's some of it:
Pik's Digital Art Showcase Sonicandemeralds
and then a few other similar things...
Pik's Digital Art Showcase Tailsss
Pik's Digital Art Showcase Knux
Pik's Digital Art Showcase SUPAESAWNEEKZOMGZORZ

TheBlueYoshi

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:35 am

TheBlueYoshi
Bulbear
Bulbear
I'ma give you some weak criticism since I'm too asslazy to do a real one.

The first one is good, I like the blur feature, for some reason it makes it feel like sonic jumped from the bottom and flew that high. Looks good

Second one is just a repeat of Knuckles of the last time, just a duplications + opacity + swirl effect placed on it (btw, these terms are from photoshop, not from Paint)

The knuckles is the one I'm having a bit trouble on. The sprites are blurry, as well as the background, the noise on Knuckles isn't as well as it makes it look, but the big thing is the canyon. It looks like you got a smaller picture and resized it.

I have no trouble with the super sonic though.

Pikmintendo

Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:20 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Made a few sig pics. (these are with the dimensions for a sig pic on Gamespot.)
Pik's Digital Art Showcase Blazesig
Pik's Digital Art Showcase Shadowsig
Pik's Digital Art Showcase Luigisig

MMM10

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:28 pm

MMM10
Balrog
Balrog
i am really a big fan of Shadow and i like all of them

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMoneyMan10?feature=mhee
Marioking