You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Smash

Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:29 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I won't be able to post until Tuesday. Sorry.

zmanrwks

Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:28 am

zmanrwks
Alright. Deadline will still be Sunday, don't wanna extend again, but you won't be penalized for posting late.

Round 5 will still begin and Round 4 (mostly) judged for Sunday.

CartoonLink

Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:21 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Smash wrote:I won't be able to post until Tuesday. Sorry.

you just posted.

you could've taken another two and a half minutes out of your miserable life to find and post a song.

but you didn't.

yet you always have time to inform us you're going to your beach house.

groudon.

you're disqualified from the tournament and i take your points.

kkk

Linkodude43

Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:37 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
CartoonLink wrote:

you could've taken another two and a half minutes out of your miserable life to find and post a song.

This is what I don't understand, how do people need extensions? Does everyone spend hours looking for the perfect song? Am I the only one who does it in 5-10 minutes? Maybe that's why I always lose.

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
zmanrwks

Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:55 am

zmanrwks
Sometimes other people have plans and things on their mind and can't really FOCUS on posting.

Deadline is Midnight tonight. Results will go up shortly after tonight's deadline.

Except Smash's entry, which his post must go up Tuesday.

SRB1996

Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:24 am

SRB1996
Kid Roy
Kid Roy
Yo this one goes out for my homeboi rocket as this song is perfect for any cocky nerd
Spoiler:

Wiiboii

Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:36 am

Wiiboii
Yoshi Egg
Yoshi Egg

this is for spiderman Groot spiderman

Kaz

Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:58 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator
Rocket Raccoon

I feel like this theme matches him perfectly. It's badass and by listening, you can tell that he is the leader. This would go great with his weapons and other technology he made.

Skochko

Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:35 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
GmanSir wrote:Rocket Raccoon

I feel like this theme matches him perfectly. It's badass and by listening, you can tell that he is the leader. This would go great with his weapons and other technology he made.

Victoly.

MarioWorldHacker

Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:59 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
Posting this on the last minute, literally.

I got a very spooky vibe from Groot. He's a living tree, but I feel darker ambitions are somewhere within those roots, especially if it seems that you're caught wandering alone in the woods. You have completely lost your way and the only things you can make out are the barren trees and only one pathway, all while feeling paranoid over the constants sounds of the woods. He might be lurking about . Forget about his lighthearted side for what may be your last few moments; the dreadful atmosphere in these woods is enough to trigger the creature's blood-lust. You can only hope to last the whole night.

zmanrwks

Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:54 pm

zmanrwks
RESULTS TIME

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 4 K1r8eim

ROSHI v MWH

ROSHI: Mmmmm yes this is good. This kind of intimidating yet not intimidating sound kinda fits Rocket. At first glance he's a raccoon, but he's a fierce creature. You did well.

MWH: I have absolutely no idea how to rate this entry. Like... I get what you're going for? But I don't? But I don't think it's bad? It's weird. You somehow stumped me. On a song about fucking Groot.

...Alright, I've decided your entry is lame and here's why; you seemed to base your entry on your initial reaction to seeing Groot; a tree monster. You (admittedly) chose to disregard the description to make up a "spooky scenario" which really doesn't fit. You gots to read the description, find some happy tunes that fit his friendly side, and post that. Appearance should not be a factor for this, which is why I fucking hate when people told me "but I haven't seen the movie this round is too hard!!!" no. You're not blind and you know how to read.

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 4 65Rl0hl

(Not) Sorry MWH, but Roshi wins.

KEN v MAMA

KEN: MWH is a dum dum, your entry is where it's at. Not only is your tune fitting in game (plant creatures), it's a very happy, friendly, tune that fits Groot perfectly, with that little bit of spice that brings out Groot's ability to fight for his friends instead of having his friends fight for him. Wait...

MAMA: Mmmm yes... this brings how tactical and fucking badass Rocket is. How dangerous and intelligent he is. How awesome he is. Ohhh man. I really love this entry.

MAMA'S ENTRY:

I'm breaking rules a bit here but both of you get a point. These have to be the best entries here. As a result I'll only give one bonus point this round but you both deserve the honor of winning this round.

LINKO v CL

LINKO: Eh. It's OK. I get what you want to go with for this song, fitting Rocket's toughness, but many other songs could fit better. Plus, this song lacks a few other elements that would fit Rocket well also. Comparatively, Skoch's entry was similar in putting emphasis on one aspect of Rocket, but had some other stuff that made it stand out, fit Rocket really well.

CL: Ah yes this is hella. It's so happy and so nice, so fluffy sounding. Groot isn't fluffy but this song still is an amazing Groot theme.

CL gets a point.

SEAN v WIIFAN

SEAN: Hmmmm... it took me until about the chorus to get a good feel for this song for Rocket. It is passable though, and a solid entry. It's very cocky and tough, but also pretty loyal (given the knight-theme to the song). It works, so alright.

WIIFAN:

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 4 Vmr2OCD

Despite Wiifan's near-flawless entry, Sean wins.

BZILLA v SIR

BZILLA: Groot is not the tree from Lord of the Rings. This song has a softer, epic feel to it that doesn't fit Groot. Groot isn't "epic" in the sense of intense and powerful, he's a softie.

SIR: I didn't say you couldn't use that theme. Congrats on breaking the system.

Sir gets point. I don't need to explain why his entry is fitting.

SMASH v HYDRO

While I can't judge this just yet, it's possible this will be a very easy win for Smash. In fact it will, because Hydro missed the deadline. This is why I send him like 5 fucking asks per round so he posts. Unlike Smash, who has legitimate reason for posting late, Hydro gets none. He will lose this even if Smash posts the worst song possible for this round.

HOWEVER SMASH STILL HAS TO POST OR ELSE NEITHER OF YOU GET POINTS AND I'LL GIVE YOUR LEFTOVER POINT TO WIIFAN. DO YOU WANT THAT TO HAPPEN, SMASH?

BONUS POINT: As I said, only one point cuz of Skoch v Ken both getting points. Who gets this bonus point? It goes to Sir for cheating posting the perfect entry.

STANDINGS
MAMA: 2
KEN: 3
SIR: 4
SMASH: 3
MWH: 4
LINKO: 2
CL: 3
BZILLA: 1
WIIFANBOI: 1
ROSHI: 5
HYDRO: 0
SEAN: 4

Roshi is in first place, while Sir, MWH, and Sean are tied for second.
ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 4 RJxoqNA

ROUND 5 THO

This is a fun round.

Watch this video. Mute it, find a song that you think would be perfect background music. It's simple but sounds fun and let's do it.

MATCHUPS
SMASH v CL
KEN v HYDRO
ROSHI v SEAN
SIR v MWH
MAMA v BZILLA
WIIFAN v LINKO

Deadline will be set at September 5th, same time, same place.

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 4 ZyHPJ2r

Last edited by zmanrwks on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

RandomConsomePanchi

Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:05 pm

RandomConsomePanchi

HERE'S MY POST
In honor of Shulk's revelation in Smash Brothers...and since this round IS SSB related...I shall use the very song USED IN HIS REVELATION
Spoiler:

YOU WILL KNOW OUR NAMES

Despite complaints about this being short, I object! With this song, I envision the battle stretched out across each adrenaline pumped note full of tension, excitement, and power! High paced, non stop action in every single second of both the song and the battle itself.

FOR BEST EXPERIENCE, start the video when the song is at 0:22.
Here's this to help, kudos to MWH for starting it: click here

Last edited by RandomConsomePanchi on Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:43 pm; edited 3 times in total

Kaz

Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:05 pm

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator

Jesus Christ that video, but regardless I chose this because i felt if you put this in the video, it would be perfect. This is what you hear when shit goes down.

MarioWorldHacker

Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:37 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki
I'll post both my entry and what you should click on to listen.

Click Here.

You can't beat this.

Kaz

Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:37 pm

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator
Ahahahah what a loser

CartoonLink

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:08 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

I cannot fucking choose.

Skochko

Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:18 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Dammit Punchy, I was going to post that song.

Then I read Zema's request again and decided to go with this

We are not supposed to find a song that represents that battle, but only something that could act as background music. I feel like this track has enough intensity to go with the video, but isn't over the top, so it lets the video shine. It's also well known and easy to remember, which is kinda the element of SSB tracks. Works well, I guess.

roshipower

Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:43 am

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

I feel like this is a fitting song. Has a really energetic and wacky tone to it while still feeling intense

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Smash

Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:31 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I'm back from my convention. I would have posted from there but for some reason, I can't post videos over mobile.

Round 4: Rocket

I felt that something extreme would work, but since I haven't seen the movie, I'm just hoping that this will do.

ROUND 5

I'm looking at it as if it was the pinch phase of a final boss.

zmanrwks

Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:50 pm

zmanrwks
Good job Smash
ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 4 Tumblr_na9f8dpya51qz8x31o1_500

Bzilla56

Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:16 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

I don't think I need to explain this one.

CartoonLink

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:31 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Skochko wrote:Dammit Punchy, I was going to post that song.

Then I read Zema's request again and decided to go with this

We are not supposed to find a song that represents that battle, but only something that could act as background music. I feel like this track has enough intensity to go with the video, but isn't over the top, so it lets the video shine. It's also well known and easy to remember, which is kinda the element of SSB tracks. Works well, I guess.

stop copying me you virgin

Skochko

Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:21 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
CartoonLink wrote:stop copying me you virgin

Don't be jealous because my FF song is better than both of yours. Also pick one.

CartoonLink

Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:21 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Skochko wrote:
CartoonLink wrote:stop copying me you virgin

Don't be jealous because my FF song is better than both of yours. Also pick one.

LOL. YOU SAID YOUR SONG IS BETTER? FFVI is a bad game, most overrated title in the entire series. But yet, you just said it has better music than FFVII? You're sadly mistaken, and I advise you volunteer at the insane asylum for a few months to get straightened out, and be honest with the doctor.

RandomConsomePanchi

Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:10 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 4 Tumblr_n7k4rkLWkx1ry03gqo1_500
HURRY UP AND POST GUYS FOX AND FALCO ARE WAITING

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum