Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Linkodude43

Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:32 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Round 3 Entry: Song #7

I chose this song because the "vocals" (ooohhhh ohhh oh ohhhhh, those ones), seem like they would be from a song of great hope showing a hero, but this excerpt emphasizes the lack of a hero, and this song has the sad vocal style, also matching the lack of a hero to save the day and save the lives of people.

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
CartoonLink

Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:45 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
round 2.zema

While scouting around the killers house, inspector MWH and the Pink Panther have yet to find the secret doorway... or have they already found it?

round 3;

Song #5

RandomConsomePanchi

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:29 am

RandomConsomePanchi
"MWH's throbbing cock pressed against La Mulana's butthole and as their sweaty bodies explored each other in a passionate, forbidden embrace, Navigatr slid down to MWH's ear and faintly whispered, "I'll navigate your body, my undiscovered love" as MWH came to closer to climax.

zmanrwks

Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:34 am

zmanrwks
OK round 2 results are here

SIR v SKOCH

I'm not rating this one. Sir did it so perfectly that no one would have the chance to top him. Skoch you did well but... shit. I know this round was subpar, but Sir's entry made me realize "yea this was successful." +1 for Sir.

HYDRO v BZILLA

HYDRO: While you picked a good song for the scenario, the song itself doesn't have the right "mood" for your sentence. It's basically "here's a scene with two characters and background music from that scene." I guess this entry kinda exemplifies what I did wrong with this round... so Hydro your less-than-spectacular entry will go on my head.

BZILLA: This entry also kinda reminds me this round sucked. No wonder CL was being dramatic (I mean I'd rather he would at least give a half-assed effort though...). But you know what? This entry made me chuckle.

So +1 for Bzilla.

SMASH v MWH

SMASH: This entry is kinda ruined by one fact: the aggressive image of MWH "slamming" his lover against the bed. This song is much too graceful for such aggression. If you had something calmer and kept the passionate kiss, this could be an A+ entry. But this one is C- at best.

MWH: Of course MWH does MWH best. I'm sorry for the torment but other than that this is a solid entry on a few different levels. A good song with some clever writing ties together very well.

MWH gets +1 for his MWH fanfic.

WIIFAN v ROSHI

WIIFAN: Um... interesting. This entry is walking the tightrope between "good entry" and "what", so we'll see how your competitor does for the next one.
Also, this is VGM it was in Saints Row apparently so it counts. I guess.

ROSHI: Oh man this is a good one. I'm going to compare this to Smash's entry: I get the same feeling that it's a bit more active, but unlike Smash's entry, this song does a better job for matching that spiciness. I like this entry.

+1 for Roshi.

SEAN v CL

SEAN: This entry is wacky and good job. That is all.

CL: See, this wasn't THAT bad, right? Your sentence fits well with this detective-y, jazzy track... wait did both you AND Sean use jazzy music? Interesting...

Sean's is good but too basic. CL gets +1.

LINKO v KEN

LINKO: First thing is that this sentence suffers from poor grammar. I'll just pretend you meant a semicolon instead of a comma there. Also this song's happy, joyous tone actually does well for your sentence. So despite your grammar flaw, you did a good job.

KEN: That's one steamy sentence. This song is good, however it also doesn't seem all that fitting. I feel like the upbeat sounding tune is not the right kind of tune to describe such steamy action. It's alright but could be better.

Sorry Ken. Linko gets the +1.

BONUS POINTS: I've decided bonus points will be given to two special entries. First is for MWH, who took this round like a champ and also posted a solid entry. Sorry kid. Second bonus point is obviously going to Sir, who blew the competition out of the water.

STANDINGS:

MAMA: 0
KEN: 1
SIR: 2
SMASH: 1
MWH: 3
LINKO: 1
CL: 2
BZILLA: 1
WIIFANBOI: 1
ROSHI: 2
HYDRO: 0
SEAN: 2

Round 3 is posted on the last page, go look at that please.

Smash

Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:54 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Sir's post in the last round, my god.

Song 10:

zmanrwks

Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:17 am

zmanrwks
Last round was a miracle. Sir's post, everyone hating it, MWH's reaction, CL's reaction (he dropped out but I guess posted so he may have been being a trololol), it was a roller coaster. I didn't expect that.

Also half of the people posted for round 3 already so that's pretty cool.

roshipower

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:15 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Ima go for Song #8

Lyrics seemed violent and angry, and for some reason this came to my mind immediately

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
RandomConsomePanchi

Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:22 am

RandomConsomePanchi
Only posting for round 3 until one topic is available to be taken (or until Zma tells me he wants me to post already)

zmanrwks

Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:54 am

zmanrwks
Aren't you daring

Also, deadline for this... I'm thinking Sunday is a good deadline for this round and for myself, so post before then please.

CartoonLink

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:00 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Skochko wrote:

I'm putting a lot of focus on the idea of moving on. The song gives off that kind of a vibe. You watch people leave this place. You want to do the same, you feel ready to make the next step, but you can't quite do it yet. Some have already left completely, but some have stayed behind, perhaps feeling the same as you. So you linger. Wait for the next train.

You can also look at it from another angle. The song could represent the idea of this game. Friends from the present and the past have decided to have one last gathering. Together you march and carry this forum on, until the inevitable end.

This was also one of the shittiest fucking songs you could quite possibly use, no matter what the theme of the round is. FFVI is a blatant rip off of FFVII, and you would have been better to just post a song from a game like Mario 64 galaxy or whatever the fuck.

SRB1996

Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:24 am

SRB1996
Kid Roy
Kid Roy
#6 b055u Zman

yeeaaah I struggle and got lazy

Kaz

Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:44 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator

I feel like the singer did something wrong, and is now wondering what went wrong. Or that something bad happened to him. I don't fucking know, I don't listen to underground white trash druggie music. I chose this song because I image him depicting what happened to his life and because it was on my playlist.

CartoonLink

Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:38 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
SRB1996 wrote:#6 b055u Zman

yeeaaah I struggle and got lazy

That's actually a good post. I swear, if you lose to MWH, Zema wins biased judge of the year award.

zmanrwks

Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:44 pm

zmanrwks
CL stop posting in this thread unless it's an entry or something that contributes to UBTT4.

Hydrocannon2727

Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:07 pm

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark

(Song #9)

This is the theme of Enoch, the main character of El Shaddai, which is a game based off of the book of Enoch.  You're objective is, under instruction of Lucifer, you must find and defeat seven fallen angels.  These angels are trying to create humanity the way they see fit, even when (and always does) conflicts with how God wants humans to evolve.  The entire plot is Enoch trying to keep Heaven from complete chaos, and essentially "let the cat out of the bag" (comparable to the box).  The way he does this is defeating his enemies using their own methods or copying them.

RandomConsomePanchi

Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:45 pm

RandomConsomePanchi

The first song AKA the first half of this video is my entry.

In my personal interpretation, I feel this song fits for both song lyrics #1 and #4. Why is that, you ask?

#1 I see as a holy desire for retribution. The singer requests to heal the masses with blazing and intense fire; with the firing of guns. He requests upon the sun, their god, to bring down its rays of harsh heat to burn away at the people. A cleansing through revenge and blood. Very similar if I say so myself to the story within this game. This song also carries an air of vengeance and a passionate hatred desiring destruction and death, elements found in my interpretation of the lyrics.

#4 seems to me to be the description of one being at war with oneself. Once again, this coincides with the story of this surprisingly well made game. The details of how one specific part of yourself can suddenly go amok and tear you apart from within and leave you broken and helpless. The brutality of self destruction. However, this singer has no mercy for this part of them. They demand it to be controlled, threatening it with ferocity and domination. However, I feel that this "part" that took over may in fact be the very blood thirsty revenge itself. Revenge can destroy oneself. It shatter everything what you were once and cause you to do unthinkable things. Exactly like the character in this very game. The irony is that the singer seems to want revenge....on revenge itself.

Also it takes place in a desert. The end.

Wiiboii

Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:26 am

Wiiboii
Yoshi Egg
Yoshi Egg

song no.9

zmanrwks

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:24 am

zmanrwks
Sorry Wiiboi, but you posted too late. Also, someone chose #9, meaning you wouldn't be able to do that song anyway.

Results will be posted approximately 3 hours.
New deadline WILL be shorter. I'll even say the deadline will be AUGUST 29TH.

EDIT: I realize I forgot to list that someone did #9, so I won't hold that against Wiifan. However, he did post late... I'm going to debate whether or not his post will count when it comes to judging his matchup.

zmanrwks

Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:16 am

zmanrwks
OH MY GOD IT'S THE ROUND 3 RESULTS WOOOOO

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 3 QC7l10H

MWH v SEAN

MWH: This song is POWERFUL. The quote you gave is POWERFUL. The lyrics you chose definitely compliment the power of your music. It's triumphant, intense, but most importantly, POWERFUL.

SEAN: Well, your song is pretty accurate to how the original song sounded in a way. It's not a bad choice though. It's kinda easy to tell you did get lazy, which you said, but you could've done much much MUCH worse.

MWH wins this one.

BZILLA v ROSHI

BZILLA: This song is... so weird. It's a bad song, but I think that's the point. Your argument is that these guys could actually fuck dogs, which I guess I can see? I was looking for more of like a song that fits the lyrics, but this is passable.

ROSHI: I could see this song fitting the lyrics well. The intensity this song brings with the rather aggressive nature of the lyrics. Good, solid entry.

Roshi for +1.

LINKO v HYDRO

LINKO: the lyrics are from a nickelback song lol

HYDRO: This song is good... it could fit for a couple of the lyrics to choose from. Song 9 is not one of them... Like, the lyrics revolve around some person "trapped", not really some person trying to save heaven from chaos.

Linko gets the point. While I didn't say anything about his song yet, the song fit the standalone lyrics well, and already had a good chance of winning.

CL v KEN

CL: You know, I never really saw the original lyrics in a dark sense until you put this song to them. The dark, eerie Giygas theme actually bodes well against the lyrics. Good job.

KEN: Even though you posted for two songs, I'm only counting Song #1. I expected wiifan to pick either 1 or 4 then I'd use what he didn't pick, but he chose 9. For song 1, you did a hella job. The lyrics can be seen as very vengeance-y, very strong... the power.

This was the hardest one to determine a winner. However (sorry CL), I have to give the edge to Ken.

SMASH v SIR

SMASH: Good. The gracefulness kinda bodes well with the somber lyrics. Not much to say but good job.

SIR: Your entry feels a lot like Smash's. Rather softer song with some somber lyrics. Thing is that Smash did it better, his song matched up his lyrics better than yours.

Smash for point.

MAMA v WIIFAN

MAMA: I feel like, when I imagine the lyrics to this song... you know you're not even fucking here i can say what the fuck i want fatty i showed you the original song and told you it was good fuck it

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 3 QBEOrOo

WIIFAN: As punishment for lateness, but posting, I won't take off a point this time. However you won't win any points.

Mama for points.

BONUS POINTS
I wanna give bonus points this time... to the songs that most closely resembled their original material! First is Sean who's track is hella similar. Second bonus... I think Roshi manages to have a song that is pretty similar sounding to original as well.

STANDINGS
MAMA: 1
KEN: 2
SIR: 2
SMASH: 2
MWH: 4
LINKO: 2
CL: 2
BZILLA: 1
WIIFANBOI: 1
ROSHI: 4
HYDRO: 0
SEAN: 3

Here's all the original songs!

Song 1
Spoiler:

Song 2
Spoiler:

Song 3
Spoiler:

Song 4
Spoiler:

Song 5
Spoiler:

Song 6
Spoiler:

Song 7
Spoiler:

Song 8
Spoiler:

Song 9
Spoiler:

Song 10
Spoiler:

Song 11
Spoiler:

Song 12
Spoiler:

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 3 1GBcuqV

ROUND 4

FOR THIS ROUND WE'RE GONNA PLAY "HERE'S A CHARACTER FROM SOMETHING, THEIR DESCRIPTION, AND NOW FIND A SONG TO FIT THEM"

BUT WE GOT TWO CHARACTERS. YOU ONLY HAVE TO PICK FROM ONE THOUGH.

THEY ARE...

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 3 Rocket-Raccoon-in-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-international-trailer

ROCKET RACCOON!
Spoiler:

AND...

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 3 Would-you-like-a-baby-groot-of-your-own

GROOT!
Spoiler:

Round 4 matchups are...
LINKO v CL
WIIFAN v SEAN
KEN v MAMA
HYDRO v SMASH
MWH v ROSHI
SIR v BZILLA

DEADLINE IS AUGUST 31ST BECAUSE CL
Get grootin'.

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] - Page 3 N4ZwXT9

Last edited by zmanrwks on Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:47 am; edited 2 times in total

roshipower

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:38 am

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

This song is for Rocket.

The character who this theme is for is similar to Rocket in a sense that he is someone that looks much less intimidating than the way they act. In addition someone who remains loyal to the person who looked out for him throughout his life, despite their unfriendly nature on the surface

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
RandomConsomePanchi

Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:16 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
Well damn. It's about time to post. (Sorry I haven't posted earlier, damn sick the past few days)

WELL I'M GOING TO GO WITH GROOT AS THE CHARACTER OF MY CHOICE, and well the description isn't that in depth for me, I still can't help but feel Groot is something along the lines of...

A giant, friendly, Pikmin. A gentle beast who protects those it cares for and is rarely violent, unless it is necessary. The song carries an air of cheerfulness, aloofness, and the friendly nature that Groot, and the Pikmin, has towards their friends. Naturey in some respect, there is a somewhat childish or naive sense in the beginning, but that's just part of the colorful personalities these characters have. It later grows and somewhat matures as they develop a close bond with their friends; a blossoming flower. The credits theme is a very interesting choice as there isn't much in power and strength in this song one might think. I beg to differ. The true power comes from the will to ensure the safety of their friends; the bonds of friendship. And despite any departure or loss of life, their love will never be forgotten and live on in their friends...
Spoiler:

In all, Groot's silly yet sincere and caring character is well matched by Nintendo's lovable, curious, yet protective Pikmin.

Idk I was in a Pikmin 3 mood today, sue me

zmanrwks

Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:07 am

zmanrwks
yea no one fucking checked the forum. i decided to not tell anyone because i expected responsibility.

that didn't happen.

deadline is being extended ONLY BECAUSE CL told me he could not post, he's gone until friday. Sunday will be the OFFICIAL deadline, no changing, even if literally no one else posts.

Linkodude43

Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:45 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Rocket Raccoon:

Also I was going to post today without being reminded, I always put off the hard topics until the last day because hard.

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
Bzilla56

Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:17 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

I'll pick the Tree from Lord of the Rings because Vin Diesel

CartoonLink

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:27 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
zmanrwks wrote:CL stop posting in this thread unless it's an entry or something that contributes to UBTT4.

stfu

groot

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum