The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

zmanrwks

Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:53 pm

zmanrwks
It's been a fucking long time since Ultimate Beat the Track. We had the first UBtT, the only one that was completed, except the ending fucking sucked. UBtT2 followed, which went on for a hella long time cuz delays and didn't conclude publicly. I was pronounced winner behind the scenes...

...but lack of interest killed UBtT3. The forum was beginning the dying process at that point, and people were not good at posting on time. Eventually, I put it on hiatus, but it never revived...

...and it's too late to revive. Instead we're fucking doing one more UBtT.

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] Yxxn4NO

Ladies and gentlemen and sparkies, we're going to do one more goddamn thing before this forum is officially euthanized, and that is a damn good game of Ultimate Beat the Track.

Even if it doesn't live up to be as awesome as UBtT2, or UBtT, or hell, even UBtT3, we're going to fucking try.

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] AxQoWmY

And there will be plenty of awesome reaction images too.

We're gonna round robin this motherfucker, so we need at least 8 people to sign up.

1. MAMA
2. KEN
3. SIR
4. SMASH
5. MWH
6. LINKO
7. CL
8. BZILLA
9. WIIFANBOI
10. ROSHI
11. HYDRO
12. SEAN

we have min but give it a day or two just in case for more

Post here or in chat.

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] Tumblr_mhxleoP3DL1qdqko0o1_500

My secret plan will probably come into fruition before this is done, but this will be finishable regardless. Sign the fuck up.

Last edited by zmanrwks on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:44 pm; edited 26 times in total

Skochko

Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:56 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] Yassr9zkq

Signing myself up like a crazy fangirl.

Smash

Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:22 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Signing up.

Skochko

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:14 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
One more at least.

zmanrwks

Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:12 am

zmanrwks
ultimate beat the track 4 officially begins TOMORROW or SUNDAY

we got 10 people, but if there's some stray person who wants in i won't turn them down. they just got 24-48 hours depends on when i start

zmanrwks

Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:48 am

zmanrwks
HEY KIDS

WELCOME BACK TO ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK!

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] ZML6WZh

After the horrible conclusion to UBTT1, the constant delays of UBTT2, and the overall tiredness and uninterest in UBTT3, UBTT4 will be the UBTT we've been waiting for.

The forum is dead and we must avenge it with one final game.
In fact, this lil' old forum will be the focus of ROUND 1.

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] EDfDmOh

For your ROUND 1 topic, I give you the request to find...
...a theme song for the forum.

Find a song that you think best describes this forum and what it might have meant, now or in the past. DESCRIBE why you picked the song.

Here's an example:

"The death of the forum is possibly the worst thing to have happened... the great memories I've had here, and now it's dead. It's time has come but I feel like it was still young... my life is meaningless now. it's like the loss of a family member. This song describes how I feel and how everyone feels, thus why it makes a good theme song."

Obviously you can't use that song (BECAUSE YOU CAN ONLY USE VIDEO GAME MUSIC YOU DINGUSES) or example exactly, but that's the idea. Of course, though, you might not be sad cuz of forum death, maybe you want to find a theme song for a different aspect of the forum. Maybe you're glad it's dead. I don't care.

Basically, FIND A THEME SONG FOR THE FORUM AND TELL ME WHY IT'S THE FORUM'S THEME SONG. THE THEME SONG MAY BE HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THE FORUM OR JUST A FITTING THEME SONG.
Emphasis on TELL ME WHY.

Oh, and don't forget, here's who each person will be 1v1'ing:

WIIFANBOI v KEN
MAMA v CL
LINKO v SMASH
SIR v ROSHI
BZILLA v MWH
HYDRO v SEAN

Good luck. I haven't decided a deadline or how I'll do theme but do me a solid and post ASAP.

ULTIMATE BEAT THE TRACK FOUREVER AFTER [SEMIFINALS] JsEf28M

[b]PS: Winner gets to be Admin. And Skoch, get rid of these fucking meme emotes why do we have them.

PSS: Sir made the mememotes and he got rid of them.

Last edited by zmanrwks on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:52 am; edited 4 times in total

Bzilla56

Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:53 am

Bzilla56
Ice Kirby
Ice Kirby

I think this is the theme song for the Forum's current state, as it has been dead for a while now, but I feel like UBTT4 is the forum's way of saying "Remember Me" so that we remember it and come back to it.

zmanrwks

Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:51 am

zmanrwks
Guys just for clarification, I don't give a fuck about using the same series for a round/multiple rounds. If everyone uses Zelda, I don't care. If everyone uses a specific Zelda game, I don't care. If someone uses Zelda one round and Zelda the next round, I don't care.

I DO care if the SAME EXACT song is used more than once in this game. That's not OK.

CartoonLink

Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:13 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

inb4 delayed pussy faggot

This song strums the hearts of people who are fascinated in magestic wonders of the world. This all started out as a few of us within a Nintendo group on Youtube. yoshifannumba1 was my closest friend on Youtube when it was all about making videos and trying to get 1,000 subscribers, now who really gives a shit, it's all about Twitter and Instagram followers now. Youtube has lost this game. But after we were forced to move from our home to this forum, many great, cheerful times have happened over the past half decade. This song shows you the cheerfulness of every great moment I've had on this site, ranging from PotY, to Sparkehmon, to trolling Groudon, etc. But not everything lasts forever, and this site lets me have fond memories tucked in at the back of my mind. Long live TND.

Last edited by CartoonLink on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Smash

Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:25 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

Describing the forum over time. The beginning after the intro describes the the creation of this forum as well as the loss of the YouTube groups. The pickup that's similar to the first few notes is when this place was thriving, and everyone had something to talk about. The calm part near the end is the decline and death segwaying into the very end is where UBtT4 stands. As if it's the true, conclusive ending. Saria's Song at the very VERY end is the migration to Tumblr and Steam after this ends

BTW that PSSS can be seen without highlighting Zman.

Last edited by Smash on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Linkodude43

Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:33 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

So that was a weird request, but I chose this song for a few reasons:

-If we're talking about the forum in it's current state, you need a sad song
-In the game the SoH is used to heal people's emotional wounds, and this forum is in dire need of some 'healing'
-On a less direct level, this song will be nostalgic for many people, and this temporary revival of the forum is a very nostalgic event.

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
Skochko

Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:05 pm

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator

I'm putting a lot of focus on the idea of moving on. The song gives off that kind of a vibe. You watch people leave this place. You want to do the same, you feel ready to make the next step, but you can't quite do it yet. Some have already left completely, but some have stayed behind, perhaps feeling the same as you. So you linger. Wait for the next train.

You can also look at it from another angle. The song could represent the idea of this game. Friends from the present and the past have decided to have one last gathering. Together you march and carry this forum on, until the inevitable end.

zmanrwks

Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:25 pm

zmanrwks
Smash wrote:BTW that PSSS can be seen without highlighting Zman.
blame sir

zmanrwks

Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:50 am

zmanrwks
4/10 posted over 3 days so far. could be better, could be worse.

y'all kids better post.

Skochko

Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:58 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Yay, this died already!

Kaz

Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:38 am

Kaz
Administrator
Administrator

It's a little sad seeing something you "invested" in for 3 years die. It feels a little too young to die (even thought it officially died in the beginning of 2014). I mean we could try to revive it, but we would need completely new people via advertising. Regardless it was a fun ride. I am honored to have met people here. Some of those have become my closest internet friends. I can remember when this was TheBrawlingYoshis, then it became a general Nintendo forum. I remember the hype for the 3DS and the e3 experience for that year was fun. It was all fun. But that was in the past, so hopefully we can move on to other things.

MarioWorldHacker

Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:29 pm

MarioWorldHacker
Anouki
Anouki

This is best described as a track of emptiness, like this poor excuse of a forum that's now a wasteland. This particular track is awfully lacking overall as well, giving you time to reflect on the futile efforts of keeping this place alive. A depressing track that makes it clear that fun times were had, but that's all in the past, which makes it perfect for my choice on my perspective of what the forum has transformed into - a place with no real purpose anymore.

roshipower

Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:08 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram

This forum was a fun ride, we had lots of memories and I made a lot of friends here, but it is also time to move on. This song makes me think about all the good times we had in the past and makes me feel a little sad to let it go, but at the same time it it makes me realize that its over and its time to make new experiences, but not without remembering what this forum was once upon a time.

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
RandomConsomePanchi

Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:49 pm

RandomConsomePanchi

The Brawling Yoshi's Story: A Tale of the Domain of Friends

This is the story of a group of friends who were drawn together by similar interests. Slowly, their friendships grew and blossomed, attracting other members which helped grow their population. Time passed.

Their group evolved into a community, bustling with activity and chatter. Liveliness was the greatest attribute of this little town, only held together by the bonds formed.
If life had them down...
If school stressed them out...
If they were sad and upset...
They could always come here to this safe haven. They were always welcome, and laughter and smiles cured their heartache.

This group of friends could always find adventure in this little world they had built. The unexpected nature of each and every unique personality found here created an unknown future; one guaranteed with joy and fun. Time passed.

After some time, the community began to slow down. Friends split ways and bid farewell. Every now and then, some would return to say hello. Have a little chat with the usual crew. Eventually, the center of town was solemn and quiet. Few people gathered and many had left the town for other communities around the world.
Yet their friendship remained. It longed for one final reunion. They all returned, excited for the grand finale to this fantastic adventure.

The end was drawing near. The friends grew close and were reluctant to bid farewell to the place which harbored the cherished memories they made together.

The end, they whispered. It was the end of this grand adventure. The end of their happiness in the community. Their hearts were heavy and filled with gloom. Why must it end? They looked up, and realized the truth.

It lived on within the town. It lived on in each and every one of them. Their cheerful spirits from so many good times were rising into the sky. Illuminating the horizon with memories of the cherished moments they had together.

The end drew near. The page turned on this eventful community, the friends bid farewell to their beloved home.
With every ending comes a new beginning. The unwritten future at their hands, the page turned.

A new adventure was about to begin...

zmanrwks

Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:09 am

zmanrwks
hey guys important update: Sean/SRB1996 is replacing wiifanboii cuz he hasn't been online. if he comes online and is unhappy, then we'll work something out.

also, deadline is tomorrow. this really only applies to CL and Sean, so get crackin'.

EDIT wiifan isn't dead sean can't play anymore

Wiiboii

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:08 am

Wiiboii
Yoshi Egg
Yoshi Egg
I'm queer

zmanrwks

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:25 am

zmanrwks
Wiifan, you need to post a song that fits the request for the round.

Also, I'm introducing two late-entries: Hydro and Sean (again)!

Get going kids

Wiiboii

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:27 am

Wiiboii
Yoshi Egg
Yoshi Egg
Alright, well. The forum is dieing, I mean it's already been dead. I know I's a big deal for some people who actually posted on here, and not so much for the people who just spammed in the chatbox. But It's not saying goodbye, I mean we have those skype calls and junk. But I guess you never know you have something till it's gone right?

Also, I don't give a shit what zman says, I'm posting a song

Hydrocannon2727

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:42 am

Hydrocannon2727
Zoroark
Zoroark
To mark my triumphant return, your friendly neighborhood Hydro is entering the fray:

Okay, lets be totally real here, this song is the epitome of sick guitar based songs that Nintendo has a habit for producing along side their ever-so-famous orchestra pieces.  Not only that, but it belongs to the every so flamboyant, Captain Falcon who's spandex outfit is a solid metaphor for the (sometimes not-so) underlying gay tones that, lets face it, everybody has with some member.  All in all, its just a fitting them for this site.

SRB1996

Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:01 am

SRB1996
Kid Roy
Kid Roy

Well, sometime ago recorded on a server on a hard drive long long forgotten, shards of data remain from the aftermath that was so cruel it left all of Mankind in ruins. Of course, it is the story of TheBlueYoshi handing down the thrown called 'Admin' to the evil life sucking Serbian vampire, also know as Skoch, or Vlado (but only on Tuesdays). One could say that it was truly a catastrophe for TND.

Good luck everyone and welcome back!! Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum