You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 11 of 14]

Skochko

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:51 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Sorry, I got a terrible fever. Won't be able to do it until I get better.

Smash

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:39 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
RandomConsomePanchi wrote:NOT EVERYONE HAS DONE THIS YET
UBtT2 - Page 11 Tumblr_m7fociEfaO1qcye09o1_r1_500
Hurry up guyssss

Didn't Gayman say he's not playing?

RandomConsomePanchi

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:34 am

RandomConsomePanchi
Everyone who participated has to put 3 identifiable periods and describe it in their eyes and such, even if they will not participate in the final round. And it's ok Mama, take your time.

Skochko

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:39 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
I am taking a more personal approach, since I was an admin since day 1.

~ The Brawlfag Era

(Attention: the word "Brawl" and "add-prefix-fags" will be mentioned a shitload of times)

When TBY dragged me into helping him to make a forum (I did mostly everything. Don't judge me. He sucked.) which would bring his YouTube friends to a single place where they can chat and Brawl to infinity and beyond. The forum was organized so it has basic and advanced (not really) Brawl info, a huge place for Brawl discussion and a tiny place for everything else Nintendo-related. However, the main point of the site was the chatbox, which most people used over forum. It was full of judgemental Brawlfags who couldn't wait to hax you to death, so they can rub it in your face. Also, tierfags and anti-tierfags killed many threads with their arguments.

Of course, since I wasn't a pro Brawler, I was not accepted as a member here, so I eventually left the site and returned to my successful, Asian-friendly pokefag site.

~ The Era of Control Freak Mama
- More general title: The Transition Era

While I was away, the site did not change much, except it had more general Nintendo content and people lost interest in Brawl. When I returned, TBY decided to change the site name to "The Nintendo Domain", to honor the useless YouTube group or something (I was never a part of that group, so idk). Around that time (I think), VGM wars were extremely popular and served as a main inspiration for the phenomenon called Beat the Track, created by Angel Gabriel Marishka.

By the end of this era, Brawl died, Brawlfags left or just turned to Nintendofags. Zema started posting news and critic scores, people made decent discussion threads and the world was a better place because TBY became a lot less active and Mama dominated. I named this "The Era of Control Freak Mama" because I controlled everything and was a real bitch, which made some people hate me (Hai Pik <3), but most like me, which makes no sense.

~ The Era of Pinnacle and Fall

I chose to put both in the same era, because everything happened in a year.

The activity was rising, new people like Bzilla came around and old people like Smash and Linko became posting whores. Most people became Mama's slaves and Zman remained the most active person, by far. Cocofag and MarioKing became trolls and bugged everyone. By the end of summer 2011, the forum had between 50 and 100 posts a day. Beat the Track became the most popular thing in the history of the forum. The Nintendo Domain has reached the top. Then school came. Activity was still amazing throughout autumn, but gradually fell. Eventually, Zman stopped posting critic scores and news, Smash and Linko stopped being posting whores and Valve kept bringing people together, while killing the forum.

Now the site is used for chatting, much like when it was first created. The most important people are still here, so I expect the site to still keep going. Forum will remain here, to be used whenever needed.

Smash

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:26 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Come on guys! I want to finish this!

CartoonLink

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:27 pm

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Skochko wrote:I am taking a more personal approach, since I was an admin since day 1.

~ The Brawlfag Era

(Attention: the word "Brawl" and "add-prefix-fags" will be mentioned a shitload of times)

When TBY dragged me into helping him to make a forum (I did mostly everything. Don't judge me. He sucked.) which would bring his YouTube friends to a single place where they can chat and Brawl to infinity and beyond. The forum was organized so it has basic and advanced (not really) Brawl info, a huge place for Brawl discussion and a tiny place for everything else Nintendo-related. However, the main point of the site was the chatbox, which most people used over forum. It was full of judgemental Brawlfags who couldn't wait to hax you to death, so they can rub it in your face. Also, tierfags and anti-tierfags killed many threads with their arguments.

Of course, since I wasn't a pro Brawler, I was not accepted as a member here, so I eventually left the site and returned to my successful, Asian-friendly pokefag site.

~ The Era of Control Freak Mama
- More general title: The Transition Era

While I was away, the site did not change much, except it had more general Nintendo content and people lost interest in Brawl. When I returned, TBY decided to change the site name to "The Nintendo Domain", to honor the useless YouTube group or something (I was never a part of that group, so idk). Around that time (I think), VGM wars were extremely popular and served as a main inspiration for the phenomenon called Beat the Track, created by Angel Gabriel Marishka.

By the end of this era, Brawl died, Brawlfags left or just turned to Nintendofags. Zema started posting news and critic scores, people made decent discussion threads and the world was a better place because TBY became a lot less active and Mama dominated. I named this "The Era of Control Freak Mama" because I controlled everything and was a real bitch, which made some people hate me (Hai Pik <3), but most like me, which makes no sense.

~ The Era of Pinnacle and Fall

I chose to put both in the same era, because everything happened in a year.

The activity was rising, new people like Bzilla came around and old people like Smash and Linko became posting whores. Most people became Mama's slaves and Zman remained the most active person, by far. Cocofag and MarioKing became trolls and bugged everyone. By the end of summer 2011, the forum had between 50 and 100 posts a day. Beat the Track became the most popular thing in the history of the forum. The Nintendo Domain has reached the top. Then school came. Activity was still amazing throughout autumn, but gradually fell. Eventually, Zman stopped posting critic scores and news, Smash and Linko stopped being posting whores and Valve kept bringing people together, while killing the forum.

Now the site is used for chatting, much like when it was first created. The most important people are still here, so I expect the site to still keep going. Forum will remain here, to be used whenever needed.

You deserve a medal for that sentence lol.

roshipower

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:53 pm

roshipower
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
hmmm these are the 3 major eras that come to mind with this forum

Youtube/BRawl Era
The forum was mostly populated from who was on TBY's youtube group of the same name that we have now, but at that time, this site was still the Brawling Yoshis. It was fairly active at the beginning but a majority of activity was on chat. Competitive brawl was a common thing going on in the forums, hence the name, which did lead to some people getting turned off by the site, but over time the forum grew more outwards towards more and more Nintendo franchises as more people joined which spawned a new era

Golden Era
This was a period of time late in the forums first year, where it changed it's name to what we have now. During this year the forum was thriving due to an increase in active members and posts were actually being made in the forums on a variety of topics. Mama became more of an integral part of the site and TBY was starting to lose contact with his busy schedule. After the 1 year anniversary, the site beginning to drop a bit in activity but still remained consistent and this eventually lead to BtT which became the most recognized forum game on the forum, (THANK YOU MWH), and many newer members were joining adding to activity, starting the golden era yet again. Also towards to end of the GOlden Era, Valve became the topic of discucussion due to TF2 going F2P, which helped us connect in many ways, but also seemed to take the activity off the forums back tot he chat again.

Declining Era
The era we are in now of course, a time where many members who were well established members have left, and activity from the regulars dropped as well, me included. THis is likely due to the main members getting older, getting less and less time to contribute what with School getting more taxing for many members, and other applying to Post Secondary, and at this point the Chat owns majority of the activity here, and what topics there are nowadays are really no more than breaking news on contemporary topics on things such as the Wii U, or this ongoing game of UBtT2. Post counts have dropped dramatically, and you of course are one of those currently in that situation, considering how little time you get that you are willing to put into judging and everyone understands, as they either are going through it as well or will soon.

https://www.youtube.com/roshipower
Skochko

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:04 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Roshi posted a great post! ROSHI POSTED A GREAT POST! Remember that time when Roshi posted a great post? THIS IS THAT TIME!

Smash

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Yeah, now if only I could do that.

Smash

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:47 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Anyone else going to post? I want to finish this.

If I get a warning for double posting, so be it.

RandomConsomePanchi

Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:25 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
no smash you're fine. like i said, EVERYONE IS TO POST A 3 ERA HISTORY OF HE FORUM IN THEIR EYES, or EVENTS as I said before.

zmanrwks

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:16 am

zmanrwks
RandomConsomePanchi wrote:no smash you're fine. like i said, EVERYONE IS TO POST A 3 ERA HISTORY OF HE FORUM IN THEIR EYES, or EVENTS as I said before.
That's not going to happen though.

Skochko

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:45 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Admirable try for Punchy to boost activity. Kay, now finish this shit.

RandomConsomePanchi

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:27 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
Spoiler:

Linkodude43

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:05 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Well, UBtT2 may end after UBtT3 starts...

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
CartoonLink

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:49 am

CartoonLink
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
My entry.

Smash

Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:13 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Panchi, I know you want everyone to post an entry, but too many people have supposedly dropped from the game. That being said, I think we should just finish this.

RandomConsomePanchi

Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:30 am

RandomConsomePanchi
Rules are rules. It's up to you guys to convince/remind/force the other people who were involved to make their posts, even if it's one sentence long. I want SOMETHING from everyone.

Cause if someone BREAKS THE RULES.....

Skochko

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:30 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
If people don't want to post, they're not going to post. It cannot possibly be our obligation to force people to care, when they clearly don't. Those who did, they posted. Don't think I'm a bitchy faggot, but if I knew WHY do you need everyone to do this, maybe I'd be okay with it. If it's purely for sentimental reasons, then fuck it.

After I wrote this, I noticed MWH didn't post. What the fuck are you doing, Marishka?

RandomConsomePanchi

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:22 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
Dang it all, fine then. But they also need to give a valid reason as to why they won't post such a simple thing. Regardless, I'll go ahead and post the "obvious" and final round tomorrow.
Woo
UBtT2 - Page 11 Tumblr_m9xlucQarB1r2ol4s

Skochko

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:18 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
You forgot to post this, so your post makes no sense to me.

UBtT2 - Page 11 Tumblr_m9aqxk4tho1r6vp4v

Anyways, I hope it's worth the weight.

RandomConsomePanchi

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:10 pm

RandomConsomePanchi
UBtT2 - Page 11 Tumblr_mdi8sjGB4B1ql2u5io1_500
Im going to post the final round tis weekend just as long as something doesnt ruin my motivationnononotnotnitontiontiontiontiotniotniotnion

Skochko

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:26 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Yay, as long as it's not Sunday night. I'll have time to play during the weekend.

Linkodude43

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:00 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Hold on, there's ANOTHER round after this? UBtT3 will start before this ends....this one is already almost 5 months in the making.

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
Smash

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:37 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Can't play until Monday. Sorry!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum