The Nintendo Domain

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

zmanrwks

Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:54 am

zmanrwks
I'm pissed. Yesterday I wanted to kill someone. Of course, having to do last minute essays for Euro and English were tiring, and it's worth noting YouTube's awful channel designs reignited my anger. But anyway, I saw this article on GameSpot.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/new-4g-ipad-revealed-6365037

It was nothing too special. Apple being whores and releasing the slightly upgraded yearly iPod/Phone/Pad for $500. I read a bit and found Mike Capps - president of Epic Games, they made the Gears of War series on Xbox - saying it had more memory and processing power than an Xbox. But then he said something, the stupidest thing I've seen so far.

Quoted from the article:
"These guys are redefining gaming again," Capps said.
>redefining gaming again
>redefining
>again

Another Apple Rant Uh

Apple is redefining gaming... AGAIN?

Another Apple Rant Theydontmakeemlikecoolspotanymore

Well, first let's start with the obvious. You need to have done something one time to do it again. A very few select apps that are equivalent to online flash games isn't doing anything for gaming. A quote from GS user Big_Pecks in the comments:

Redefining gaming? If that's what you call buying a $500+ gizmo to play a mini-game, sure.

It's worth noting that this iPad's specs are equal to the PSVita.

Next, let's talk about that price and the models available. A user who goes by the name Stonecutters908 posted this:

"Redefining gaming" = $500 bucks for a 16GB WIFI model, so no 4G or even 3G or even HDD with enough space to install AAA games.

The 4G 64GB model that is marginally more powerful than a 6 year old console will cost you $830. You can build a moderately high spec gaming PC for that, easily.

This is expected to crush consoles and handhelds? The Wii-U is rumored to be in the $300 dollar range. 3DS costs $180 bucks. Vita costs $300. I would be willing to be the next gen systems from MS and Sony won't exceed $500.

I just don't see this as the future of gaming. The price is too high for kids. The price is too high relative to hardcore gaming products. The controller functionality is poor at best.

That's really all I feel like saying. I know this is not really a rant, but whatever. I want to play TF2, the weekly drops reset.

Skochko

Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:49 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Seriously... Yesterday 8/10 worldwide trends on Twitter were about the new iPad. OMG IT HAS A RETINA DISPLAY!!! So fucking what? Nokia phones have them as well. Plus, Samsung's Super AMOLED is still better.

It's not cutting edge technology. It's a tablet that costs twice as much as it should, because it runs on iOS and has an engraved apple on its back. Big deal. If I had $800 in my pocket, I could buy multiple gadgets that do things twice as better as iPad.

5gSkyYoshi

Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:12 pm

5gSkyYoshi
Administrator
Administrator
Steve Jobs is dead, so obv. theyre goin downhill.

Smash

Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Heh, heh. Typical Apple. Saying idiotic things that make people want to rip there hair out.

SRB1996

Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:09 am

SRB1996
Kid Roy
Kid Roy
Its more of a rant at this Mike Capps person. Although, it is correct that the iPad is way to much over priced just for a larger hard drive when anyone with intelligence would just buy an Android tablet and an external hard drive.
Lets do some price checks
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-10-1-WiFi-Black/dp/B005FFQ5X6/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1331312576&sr=1-1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 16gb + Wifi - £400
http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad/select_ipad2
iPad 2 16gb + Wifi -£430

And if you wanted more memory it can go as high as £700. Where as, Galaxy Tab and you can buy a 500gb hard drive for about £30-£50 if you look around. GG Apple.

Still wouldn't pay for that. Well, lets wait for W8 tablet. Hopefully MS will make it right. I'm hearing good things about W8 being on the tablet.

Linkodude43

Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:50 am

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Does no one here understand they're running good business because they are coming out with products for prices people will actually buy them for (Most People) so in the end they get their money and the business keeps moving forward, its the real f-ing world

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
Skochko

Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:34 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
Exactly, that's why we rage. They are selling their products like crazy.

zmanrwks

Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:37 am

zmanrwks
Linkodude43 wrote:Does no one here understand they're running good business because they are coming out with products for prices people will actually buy them for (Most People) so in the end they get their money and the business keeps moving forward, its the real f-ing world
Yes, this is true. However, there is a fine line between selling and scamming.

Apple has crossed that line.

Pikmintendo

Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:17 am

Pikmintendo
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
I....
I..
I...
NOPE I WAS WRONG
I WAS NOT READY FOR THAT
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

Another Apple Rant SOMUCHNOPE

https://www.youtube.com/user/pikmintendo
Linkodude43

Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:27 pm

Linkodude43
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
zmanrwks wrote: Yes, this is true. However, there is a fine line between selling and scamming.

I wouldn't say they are scamming people, considering the people are willing to pay $500 for an iPad

https://www.youtube.com/user/linkodude43
SRB1996

Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:33 pm

SRB1996
Kid Roy
Kid Roy
Linkodude43 wrote:
zmanrwks wrote: Yes, this is true. However, there is a fine line between selling and scamming.

I wouldn't say they are scamming people, considering the people are willing to pay $500 for an iPad

They are only willing because they are unaware. It happens all the time, that is how scamming starts, it is because people are unaware. Read my post. The only reason we're angry is because shit economy and we want to save people money. Honestly, that's it. Otherwise no one would rant.

syduck98

Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:48 pm

syduck98
Ezlo
Ezlo
Let me start with i agree and disagree. First, they didnt redefine gaming, they changed the way it was thought of. No more were games stored on cartridges, and were quick and easy to access. These games could not even come close to what an actual console ( 3ds ) could offer, but they are great for just casual people. The ipad is known as overpriced, and i dont blame them for making another one. Honestly, i think they need a 'projector' on it. The ipad's best use imo is for business.

Skochko

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:01 am

Skochko
Administrator
Administrator
^ They did not purge cartridges. Sony did, in 1996. Also, adding a projector would mean it's price would be over a thousand dollars.

No, that would be only if they added a regular projector. If they added an Apple-made projector, it would be two thousand dollars, because everything Apple makes it worth 3x the price.

syduck98

Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:47 pm

syduck98
Ezlo
Ezlo
I dont think it will be THAT much. I dont understand how big businesses with more money then they can spend still try to make such an enormous profit.

SRB1996

Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 am

SRB1996
Kid Roy
Kid Roy
syduck98 wrote:I dont think it will be THAT much. I dont understand how big businesses with more money then they can spend still try to make such an enormous profit.

Because money grabbing bastards. What Skoch said is near enough accurate. And Sy, I remain of the side of them not doing shit. Games have been easily accessible on the internet for years. And then came the games that you can download on your computer rather than have a physical copy. Steam <3

syduck98

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:03 am

syduck98
Ezlo
Ezlo
True very true. I dont think apple as a company will go "bankrupt" but unless the new ipad and or mountain lion ( New OS ) is great, apple might start a slow declination in business

zmanrwks

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:05 am

zmanrwks
Apple won't lose sales until people start realizing Apple is scamming them.
So they'll have business for a LONG time.

syduck98

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:09 am

syduck98
Ezlo
Ezlo
No, i think they will start soon like i said unless the new ipad/OS are nothing shy of great.

SRB1996

Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:45 pm

SRB1996
Kid Roy
Kid Roy
But Sy, Apple has a brainwashed fanbase, also known as a religion. Unfortunately, people will forever buy Apple's overpriced products.

syduck98

Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:26 am

syduck98
Ezlo
Ezlo
I dont think its that bad. I mean, for the quality ive seen its not THAT badly priced, bad but not THAT bad. I mean, my dad bough a Dell xps laptop, a year later he bought me an imac. Hes been through 3 of the Dell xps's, my imac still stands

Smash

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:44 am

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
Wow. Holy Crap. Your Mac is the chosen one, Sy.

SRB1996

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:47 am

SRB1996
Kid Roy
Kid Roy
syduck98 wrote:I dont think its that bad. I mean, for the quality ive seen its not THAT badly priced, bad but not THAT bad. I mean, my dad bough a Dell xps laptop, a year later he bought me an imac. Hes been through 3 of the Dell xps's, my imac still stands

It's funny that you say that. I'm using a Dell XPS 15. I've had no problems with it and I've nearly had it for a year. Anyhow, I understand that most problems with it will be my fault. My brother got me this laptop for a little over or a little under £500.

Another Apple Rant SRFgs

Your dad is more than likely doing something wrong. In most cases its hardly ever a fault with the system of the manufacturer, mostly the user. Although, now and again you do get faults with the manufacturer, y'know, the experience you had. I just don't see why I need to pay over £1000 to get a decent computer when I can spend £500 on this XPS 15. Which by the way, is a very good laptop.

Oh, Skoch is right about Apple making stuff x2, x3, x4 as much than it is actually worth.

Another Apple Rant 6wmbW

syduck98

Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:54 pm

syduck98
Ezlo
Ezlo
lol dude, thats a mac pro. For example, my godmother has like the second ever version of the macbook ( not pro OR air ) and still works fine. Honestly at this point its just personal preference, though I personally prefer mac

Smash

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Smash
Zekrom & Reshiram
Zekrom & Reshiram
PC and Mac are both better than Linux.

SRB1996

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:04 pm

SRB1996
Kid Roy
Kid Roy
Smash wrote:PC and Mac are both better than Linux.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Have you even tried Ubuntu 11???

Also Sy. It's just an example of Apple's greediness.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum